MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

The only one that would take F$U...
Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Advertisement
No clue what the plans of the conference are. Supposedly the infighting is about divisions. 😂 I would think UF and South Carolina are the ones with demands
I could see…
West adding - Oklahoma Texas FSU
East adding - Miami Clemson UNC

Advertisement
I want to play UF every fu king year!
This is just year 1 under Mario without facilities, without Nike in the ACC which made 36 mil per school in revenue compared to the 60+ SEC made.

Imagine Mario with:

- NIL
-SEC Super conference (easily $80-100 mil per year)
-Nike brand
-Facilities
-Stadium

when hes already crushing CFB in year 1 with most of those things not there😬😬

SCARY HOURS

Advertisement
The SEC will be an advantage. Based on travel time for kids and families to the university and it’s away games. The Big10 would have been a **** show for travel. Think about smaller sports too.
I keep seeing this said but do you guy's really think recruit families calculate road game travel high on their list of priorities now? With NIL money they can pretty much travel first class if they're not already buying second residences in whatever town their kid commits to for home game lodging.

Not even the smaller sports but hoops and baseball are absolutely a different story though on a few different fronts. I'm really only looking at this through a football prism right now though....although I still reserve the right to call from Gino DiMare's firing.

Advertisement
Imo once these two super conferences form, “running the table” is a thing of the past. 1-2 losses for even the top teams. Schedules will just be too challenging.

Injuries will have a huge impact on entire teams' seasons...

Advertisement
If we’re a package deal with Clemson, we’re 100% going to the SEC

I’m thinking this as well. There’s too many fans on this board that are huge *** hypocrites. Get angry about Miami being labeled as thugs and the school being in a bad area then they turnaround and be the first with the stereotypes of rednecks, hicks, and confederate states when it comes to the SEC. That fear is only reason some would rather we go to the B1G than what would be the logical geographically choice of the SEC. It doesn’t make a ton of sense to make it harder for your players family and team’s fans to travel and see games. Not to mention our recruiting base is Florida, Georgia, TX, etc. It’s an easier sell telling parents that you’ll most likely have games against teams in their area so they’ll be able to watch their sons and daughters games that way as well for others sports. In addition, there’s no reason the SEC would go out of their way to ***** us over. A successful Miami is good for the conference as a whole. Huge TV market and they would basically have all of Florida, TX, and all the southeast.

So pods of 5 then we’d probably be…
Miami
UF
FSU
Georgia and Auburn?

Let's not start booking the flights quite yet.

Pure speculation at this moment, but if "old SEC" wanted to maintain their games as much as possible, they might create a 5-pod of the 4 ACC teams plus Vandy. And not because Vandy's bad (they are) but because they don't have a huge amount of equity in any of their rivalries (and let's not pretend that Tenneseee-Vandy is in the Top 100 rivalry games).

Imagine joining the $EC and winning the conference after two decades of not winning an ACC championship
Almost reminds me of when Mizzou made the SECCG in back to back years almost immediately after joining that hallowed conference.

Us actually winning it though would be glorious just based on Gator Tears alone. That thread might have to move to its own separate server to handle the traffic.

Advertisement
Back