MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure what you are talking about. If you are talking about prestige or grant funding, may be. Hate to say it, but Miami is also a new kid on the block in terms of prestige. And I am an alum.

What I’m talking about is that people are using the US News and World Report rankings as some kind of accurate academic barometer, but once when once you get past say the top 20 to 30, it’s really not that reliable. Anybody can give you a top 20, it’s going to be the Ivy League schools, several of the schools in California, and 2-4 of the top public Ivy schools ( like Michigan, UVA etc). After that discretion and knowledge take over in terms of ranking. Also, you would use other measures than what is used by the USNWR.

I don't see FSU as an academic fit for the B10. If that remains one of the protocols I'd be surprised to see FSU part of a B10 package.

I do think Miami is a much better fit for the B10 than the SEC as far as that goes...
If us news and world report has any clout in this. FSU is tied with UM and ahead of Washington, Oregon and Clemson for teams trying to get in. They are ahead of Indiana, psu, Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, Nebraska, Msu, and Iowa. They have come a long way. The caveat is I don't know how meaningful those rankings are.

Advertisement
While I agree that the B1G is the right fit, there's something else to consider. All of the B1G schools, with the exception of Nebraska, are part of this academic association - the AAU (https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members) - and Nebraska was a member when they were admitted. USC and UCLA are both currently members. Academic "prestige" seems to be a big deal for this conference.
Miami outranks Notre Dame (and FSU) in 3/4 categories AAU uses to consider schools - Research Funding, Faculty in National Academies, and Citations. Notre Dame (and FSU) outranks us in Faculty awards. I don’t think they consider endowment, but they might - in which case ND has a major advantage. However we also have a higher endowment than FSU. Regardless AAU status is mostly about research and we beat ND there.
Yet ND is not AAU and is there any question at all they will get in to B10 if they want in? No.

If us news and world report has any clout in this. FSU is tied with UM and ahead of Washington, Oregon and Clemson for teams trying to get in. They are ahead of Indiana, psu, Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, Nebraska, Msu, and Iowa. They have come a long way. The caveat is I don't know how meaningful those rankings are.

Read my prior post. Also I don’t want to derail this thread because it’s not about academic rankings. But there’s a reason that FSU has come up and it has to do with cost, population growth, test scores, and acceptance standards at FSU, UF, and UCF.

Advertisement
Gotcha I thought he was talking about the announcement on leaving to “insert conference” would be on those two days not the full leave

Thanks!
I think he or someone else mentioned they wouldn't be shocked if the announcement came before the start of the season earlier in the thread.

Once again…..people pay for that bull****. As I’ve said “ this guy is a a fiction writer with a tad bit of truth.
Agree but it is clear he has more connections with the staff now than he did the last 10 years. But maybe that will go away after some time when Mario learns

Here's the thing... @RVACane is not wrong...

BUT, I think we are gonna get big-timed BY ANY CONFERENCE.

Big 10 is gonna treat us like we're the Clampetts, like we fired a shotgun in John Ruiz's backyard and hit a rich vein of money. Pac 12 would schedule all their meetings for 5 pm PST. Big 12 is Texas, we all know everything is bigger/better in Texas, and those mofos would give us all the dry brisket at the conference meetings.

Yeah, the ACC has held us down, but I wouldn't expect a warm welcome ANYWHERE. Politics and power dynamics...they are what they are.

The ONLY way that Miami would ever have power is if we stayed in the ACC, the SEC took UNC/NC State, the Big 10 took Duke/Wake, and then the remaining ACC did a hostile takeover of the Big 12.

Then and only then would Miami be able to rub its balls across the collective faces of WVU, UCF, Cincy, and the Texas wannabes.
Excellent post, and I agree wholeheartedly. This would be my move. It’s the only move that allows us to be at the top of the food chain.

$EC and B10 would both definitely do everything in their power to ***** us at every turn, specially on the field of play.

Advertisement
Yeah there's no way that the ACC would be able to hold a gun to every program's head and keep them in the conference if they all want out. It's not just Miami, FSU, Clemson.

It's all of the other schools. UNC, Duke, NC State, Georgia Tech, Boston College, etc. They all see the writing on the wall. They know 1 of Miami, FSU, Clemson leaving is likely the end of the ACC.

So they're also planning their next steps which is likely going to Big 12, B1G, or finding a way into the SEC w/ the big programs. ACC won't be able to legally fight 8+ schools in court.

So the buyout doesn't mean much. The colleges will fight it. They will likely win in terms of a settlement. And that'll be the end of the ACC.
Once conference membership dips below a certain number of schools the grant of rights is automatically cancelled. I'm sure it has been discussed somewhere on CIS but I personally haven't heard what that actual number is. I'd guess either 10 or 8.

What I’m talking about is that people are using the US News and World Report rankings as some kind of accurate academic barometer, but once when once you get past say the top 20 to 30, it’s really not that reliable. Anybody can give you a top 20, it’s going to be the Ivy League schools, several of the schools in California, and 2-4 of the top public Ivy schools ( like Michigan, UVA etc). After that discretion and knowledge take over in terms of ranking. Also, you would use other measures than what is used by the USNWR.
I agree. But NSNWR has its audience and that's what the majority of the population uses. Of course there are better rankings out there. Still it does show that FSU is catching up and we can't be complacent.

Advertisement
Back