MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Because there are no leaks we are sitting with our thumbs in out asses waiting to see what happens?

Doubt that
Huge area of concern ... the biggest change in college football in a long time that will define which programs will have a chance at being relevant for the next few decades.

Advertisement
Remember when Oregon and Washington weren’t getting BIG invites? The BIG wasn’t adding anymore teams, good times. National media said it for weeks or months before …..they got BIG invites. people still believe these people actually know what’s going on even when it keeps being proven they don’t.

Remember when Oregon and Washington weren’t getting BIG invites? The BIG wasn’t adding anymore teams, good times. National media said it for weeks or months before …..they got BIG invites. people still believe these people actually know what’s going on even when it keeps being proven they don’t.

It cuts both ways…

I remember that…it was at the time we were first in line for the B1G….

Which is little different than… eventually … and “I hope”…

Huge area of concern ... the biggest change in college football in a long time that will define which programs will have a chance at being relevant for the next few decades.
Yeah you’re right. Miami just can’t possibly be doing anything if they aren’t publicly speaking or denying or saying anything is imminent

April 20, 2022
IMG_6771.jpeg

Maybe we define “imminent” differently tbh
May 25 2022

Also Mario and Dan both denied leaving Oregon and Clemson. I’m sure it just was like an instant random decision

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah you’re right. Miami just can’t possibly be doing anything if they aren’t publicly speaking or denying or saying anything is imminent

April 20, 2022
View attachment 283743

Maybe we definite “imminent” differently tbh
May 25 2022

Also Mario and Dan both denied leaving Oregon and Clemson. I’m sure it just was like an instant random decision
Doesn't mean squat in the current situation of college football. Like I asked initially ... any insiders have any actual clue?

Imagine if FSU, Clemson, UNC, Louisville left the acc and we got stuck with Memphis, Tulane, WSU, OSU, UCONN USF

Yikes
yikers indeed.

Our forever rivals will be updated to be Virginia Tech, SMU and Duke, lol

They had to offer significant concessions before the money made sense. Then they got an invite.

I don’t see how we would get a full share off the bat if we don’t at least bring the B1G carriage fees.

Anyone that doesn't believe this is Dan's #1 strategic priority isn't being rational. Affiliated parties and key stakeholders don't just throw millions of NIL around, increase the team budget by tens of millions, and not have a project dedicated to resolving the conference realignment in Miami's favor. That doesn't mean they'll succeed. But I can guarantee you (no inside info) that they know to science the **** out of this.

Advertisement
They got B10 invites at the time because the Pac 12 imploded and they begged to get in for half share for 6-7 years. If the Pac 12 remained in tact they weren't getting in at that time. All indications were they would EVENTUALLY get in ... after the "southern tier" was established. So basically OR/WA begged to get in, got in, and potentially took the spot that UM would have had with the addition of 4 ACC schools getting the B10 to 20. Now there are 2 slots to get to 20 and they might just cap it there for the next 5 years.

They had to offer significant concessions before the money made sense. Then they got an invite.

I don’t see how we would get a full share off the bat if we don’t at least bring the B1G carriage fees.
It doesn’t matter if we initially get a reduced share. Were going to be in the power 2.

They got B10 invites at the time because the Pac 12 imploded and they begged to get in for half share for 6-7 years. If the Pac 12 remained in tact they weren't getting in at that time. All indications were they would EVENTUALLY get in ... after the "southern tier" was established. So basically OR/WA begged to get in, got in, and potentially took the spot that UM would have had with the addition of 4 ACC schools getting the B10 to 20. Now there are 2 slots to get to 20 and they might just cap it there for the next 5 years.
And when the ACC implodes the same thing is gonna happen to the teams they wanted BEFORE they wanted Washington and Oregon. Relax people.

It doesn’t matter if we initially get a reduced share. Were going to be in the power 2.
Timing is a huge issue. If we aren't in by 2026, then it might be 2029 or 2030. 5 years after FSU and ND ... and that will put us at a huge disadvantage in recruiting and playing in a weak ACC or ACC / B12 combination with very little if any national prime time games on the big networks. We will be relegated to regional streaming aps and won't sniff viewership above 1 million. The P2 is going to literally control and dominate national prime time broadcasts on Saturdays on ABC / CBS / FOX / and ESPN.

Advertisement
Timing is a huge issue. If we aren't in by 2026, then it might be 2029 or 2030. 5 years after FSU and ND ... and that will put us at a huge disadvantage in recruiting and playing in a weak ACC or ACC / B12 combination with very little if any national prime time games on the big networks. We will be relegated to regional streaming aps and won't sniff viewership above 1 million. The P2 is going to literally control and dominate national prime time broadcasts on Saturdays on ABC / CBS / FOX / and ESPN.
If and when FSU gets out of the ACC everything will accelerate. Just like it did with the PAC. We will be fine.

And when the ACC implodes the same thing is gonna happen to the teams they wanted BEFORE they wanted Washington and Oregon. Relax people.
Different scenario and chances of the ACC actually imploding are very slim. They will backfill to keep a conference with 14-18 members ... and get another TV contract at a much lower payout than the current ESPN deal ... possibly in the $30M range that the PAC 12 turned down. The BC's, Wake Forest etc aren't going to turn anything down.

My knee is not doing well, the PT person hyper extended it in a real stupid act.
That sucks..the rehab is the most important thing and it’s hard to get the right rehab if you can’t trust the physical therapist.

Hope things work out for you.

Advertisement
Different scenario and chances of the ACC actually imploding are very slim. They will backfill to keep a conference with 14-18 members ... and get another TV contract at a much lower payout than the current ESPN deal ... possibly in the $30M range that the PAC 12 turned down. The BC's, Wake Forest etc aren't going to turn anything down.

I posted the rumor from the BC crowd. ACC would swap FSU, UNC, Clemson, and Louisville (first 3 P2, UL to B12) with UCONN, Memphis, Tulane, and a few other G5s.

I could definitely see that happening to the ACC as the espn deal is based on the # of teams, not any specific teams having to be part of the conference. There must be at least 15 teams in the acc or espn can renegotiate the current deal. It would be a really good deal for the Tulane type schools as they wouldn't get close to the amount of money if they stuck with their own conference.

I personally don't think we get an invitation to the P2 until the 2030s at the earliest. Even if ESPN ends the tv deal in 2027 because they have a bunch of teams in the acc they don't want, the P2 dont see the value of adding UM in the short term. Sec won't do it because it knows that it gives UM a big advantage in the local recruiting game if we can say we belong to the sec. Its to their advantage to keep us kneecapped. If the B1G gets FSU, it gets a bigger Florida market with a far bigger alummi base. From their perspective, I think they'd say there is no need to dilute the payouts by also adding UM.

So our options for the foreseeable future will be the B12, ACC, or independence. I'm not cheering for this outcome, but IMO that's where everything is pointing.

I posted the rumor from the BC crowd. ACC would swap FSU, UNC, Clemson, and Louisville (first 3 P2, UL to B12) with UCONN, Memphis, Tulane, and a few other G5s.

I could definitely see that happening to the ACC as the espn deal is based on the # of teams, not any specific teams having to be part of the conference. There must be at least 15 teams in the acc or espn can renegotiate the current deal. It would be a really good deal for the Tulane type schools as they wouldn't get close to the amount of money if they stuck with their own conference.

I personally don't think we get an invitation to the P2 until the 2030s at the earliest. Even if ESPN ends the tv deal in 2027 because they have a bunch of teams in the acc they don't want, the P2 dont see the value of adding UM in the short term. Sec won't do it because it knows that it gives UM a big advantage in the local recruiting game if we can say we belong to the sec. Its to their advantage to keep us kneecapped. If the B1G gets FSU, it gets a bigger Florida market with a far bigger alummi base. From their perspective, I think they'd say there is no need to dilute the payouts by also adding UM.

So our options for the foreseeable future will be the B12, ACC, or independence. I'm not cheering for this outcome, but IMO that's where everything is pointing.
Problem is that the CURRENT DEAL only runs through June 2027. ESPN has not exercised their option to EXTEND their agreement and they have until February 2025 to do so. NO WAY they extend the CURRENT contract (paying $40M) without FSU, ND, UNC, UVA in the conference. They will simply either renegotiate a drastically lower contract (think maybe $30M for year on the upside) or let it go to another party. The current ESPN media contract only covers 2024, 2025, 2026.

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Advertisement
Back