MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Your mileage may vary.

Screenshot_20231208_215106_X.jpg

Advertisement
Not sure the last sentence - that the relationship between FSU and ESPN is broken - is the actual result of the story of realignment + CFP decision he was telling. I mean sure you can obviously see this as ESPN chose Bama/SEC over FSU/ACC. If FSU moved to the SEC they'd then get that preferential treatment. And it's not like if they were in the B10 ESPN would be giving them better treatment than they just did.

Plus I think it just will be easier to move from ACC to SEC because it's ESPN -> ESPN.

Advertisement

As I’ve said many of times, Swofford & the ACC Presidents/Chancellors/ADs who signed off on a deal propelled by nepotism were complete idiots. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

Also, the p-word + sports = unintended consequences, & it’s not a coincidence, but this neither the time or place.

With that said, I still hate this thread.

Not sure the last sentence - that the relationship between FSU and ESPN is broken - is the actual result of the story of realignment + CFP decision he was telling. I mean sure you can obviously see this as ESPN chose Bama/SEC over FSU/ACC. If FSU moved to the SEC they'd then get that preferential treatment. And it's not like if they were in the B10 ESPN would be giving them better treatment than they just did.

Plus I think it just will be easier to move from ACC to SEC because it's ESPN -> ESPN.
****, You actually read all that? 😮

Advertisement
Genetics stole TOC's word counter...

He can have it.

He wrote a bunch of bull**** to justify his pre-existing bias that F$U really wants to pick the Big 10/Fox/CBS/NBC over the SEC/ESPN/ABC.

And who knows, maybe that's what will happen. But NOT for the bull**** reasons he cites.

Yes, Genetics would have you believe that F$U will try to PUNISH the entire ESPN/ABC network for the actions of a few ridiculous commentators, and turn their backs on the conference that F$U has been lusting over for decades.

Hey, while F$U is at it, they should boycott the bowl game and refuse to participate in the post-season any longer. Because revenge is more important than revenue.

Hilarious.

Advertisement
He can have it.

He wrote a bunch of bull**** to justify his pre-existing bias that F$U really wants to pick the Big 10/Fox/CBS/NBC over the SEC/ESPN/ABC.

And who knows, maybe that's what will happen. But NOT for the bull**** reasons he cites.

Yes, Genetics would have you believe that F$U will try to PUNISH the entire ESPN/ABC network for the actions of a few ridiculous commentators, and turn their backs on the conference that F$U has been lusting over for decades.

Hey, while F$U is at it, they should boycott the bowl game and refuse to participate in the post-season any longer. Because revenge is more important than revenue.

Hilarious.

How do you think the rumored Seminole Streaming Network plays into this? (If at all)

When I reread it, I know it sounds like a parody **** channel, but I was told they are starting their own streaming platform.

Last edited:
He can have it.

Hilarious.
FSU under Norvell does have a history of opting out of games they know they'll lose (see: Clemson 2020)

Advertisement
Back