MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

What exactly is the argument for GTech over Stanford or even Cal? I mean I guess more football success than Cal? But not more than Stanford. It’s not like GTech has some major market advantage other than the fact it’s a new state they’d be entering. I’m not saying I don’t think Gatech can get in Big10. I just don’t think they’d be as desired as Stanford. I think the Big10 presidents would love the prestige of having Stanford, it would slightly help odds of getting ND, and it’s not like it’s some major difference to Fox. I’m pretty sure Sat ford gets better ratings than GTech period…
Never said Stanford wasn't desirable or that GT is a better academic school, but the Big10 already has USC and UCLA for the CA market, so getting GT and the Atlanta market could be highly desirable. Getting into GA is going to raise the Big 10's payout by adding another state. Bottom line, no one on this message board knows what is going to happen, just providing some food for thought. Personally, I'm hoping for the Big 10

Advertisement
Sounds like you're saying we could have some kind of public announcement before the 15th.

Humor me. If you were to predict, would that be an announcement that we're leaving the ACC or an announcement of where we're going?

There will likely be a few days in between those two separate announcements.

Just enough time for the Mope Squad to empty their bowels one last time.

Well, @RVACane was waaaaay too premature in saying that you know "Conference Mathz".

It has been discussed FOR YEARS that the Big 10 gets more TV money going into NEW STATES.

Which is what Georgia would be. And what California no longer is.

Catch up.
…which I literally stated. Is that the ONLY defense of GTech over Stanford? That’s what I asked.

Why not NCSt over GTech? I fully expect both Virginia schools to be rated above them…why not ASU?

Last edited:
Well, @RVACane was waaaaay too premature in saying that you know "Conference Mathz".

It has been discussed FOR YEARS that the Big 10 gets more TV money going into NEW STATES.

Which is what Georgia would be. And what California no longer is.

Catch up.
get him, Cali!!!

45GibGl7.gif

Never said Stanford wasn't desirable or that GT is a better academic school, but the Big10 already has USC and UCLA for the CA market, so getting GT and the Atlanta market could be highly desirable. Getting into GA is going to raise the Big 10's payout by adding another state. Bottom line, no one on this message board knows what is going to happen, just providing some food for thought. Personally, I'm hoping for the Big 10
California is pretty **** big though. Like I’ve said before LA to the Bay Area is over 200 miles away. And it’s not like Cali ends in the Bay Area. There is another 500miles north until you get to Oregon. And Sac wouldn’t just be USC/UCLA fans, there will be a lot of Stanford/Cal fans there too.

That ~220 miles is barely shorter than GTech to FSU btw. Just to put that into perspective.

Advertisement
There will likely be a few days in between those two separate announcements.

Just enough time for the Mope Squad to empty their bowels one last time.
Hope there is an announcement that 8 programs have voted to dissolve the ACC, Miami / UNC / FSU is entering talks with B10, UNC / UVA in talks with the SEC and Louisville talking with the B12

Advertisement
California is pretty **** big though. Like I’ve said before LA to the Bay Area is over 200 miles away. And it’s not like Cali ends in the Bay Area. There is another 500miles north until you get to Oregon. And Sac wouldn’t just be USC/UCLA fans, there will be a lot of Stanford/Cal fans there too.

That ~220 miles is barely shorter than GTech to FSU btw. Just to put that into perspective.
Yes, I know that CA is a large state, but the Big10 already has a foot in the CA market. GT would add the Atlanta market and raise their payout by adding a new state. They know have Washington, Oregon and California, so adding Georgia makes more sense IMO. The Big10 is on a land grab and GT and the Atlanta market are there for the picking. Guess we'll see soon as this train is moving fast

Advertisement
Yes, I know that CA is a large state, but the Big10 already has a foot in the CA market. GT would add the Atlanta market and raise their payout by adding a new state. They know have Washington, Oregon and California, so adding Georgia makes more sense IMO. The Big10 is on a land grab and GT and the Atlanta market are there for the picking. Guess we'll see soon as this train is moving fast
I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I still think Stanford is more desirable than GTech. And unless gaining new state is materially better than getting the best academic school in the country (that plays major football), a school with a far better athletic department in every way, and a school that gets better football ratings…I guess they would be over Stanford. I just doubt that’s the case.

Like why did the Big10 add UCLA once they got USC?

Advertisement
Two caveats on the below which I don’t think I’ve see posted in this thread and once again it’s warchant so take it more as giant salt shaker and consider the source, but at least of some interest here as to what they think is going on.

that said as others have previously commented the sovereign immunity law in Florida is not the same as texas so I would discount that part

also this is from 8/4 which Is like 7 years ago nowadays

View attachment 249782

Thanks, Dot ***.

I've said DeSantis is backing F$U's grievance-airing for over a week now...

Is it all but a guarantee the big 3/4 ACC schools will join other conferences at full revenue shares or could they play hardball sensing a little desperation

Advertisement
Back