MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

But if they’re announcing that they are breaking a contract, I wonder what legal impact that has??? It’s not simply a free speech opinion. There’s a contract. One party says they aren’t honoring it. That party needs to be sure about their stance as does the other. It gets into anticipatory breach and all kinds of contract law stuff potentially.

Any school(s) that give notice to leave the ACC will no longer be allowed to vote on relevant business.

Texas-Oklahoma haven't had a voice in the Big 12 for a couple of years now.

Advertisement
they will have no choice if so.

I believe there is a real urgency of getting some solid Ws for Miami this season...Ws should equal increased ratings...

right??

Absolutely correct.

We will be tying opponents' shoelaces together for the aTm game and then pulling down opponents' pants for the UNC game...

Nothing would surprise me at this point, but I think people are sleeping on GT going to be the Big 10...academics and the Atlanta market make GT very attractive to the Big 10. I get GT isn't a large TV draw, but that's not the point, the point is opening up Atlanta to the entire Big 10, which people seem to overlook. Again, time will tell
What exactly is the argument for GTech over Stanford or even Cal? I mean I guess more football success than Cal? But not more than Stanford. It’s not like GTech has some major market advantage other than the fact it’s a new state they’d be entering. I’m not saying I don’t think Gatech can get in Big10. I just don’t think they’d be as desired as Stanford. I think the Big10 presidents would love the prestige of having Stanford, it would slightly help odds of getting ND, and it’s not like it’s some major difference to Fox. I’m pretty sure Sat ford gets better ratings than GTech period…

Advertisement
Advertisement
If FSU has to take out a half billion dollar loan to leave the ACC, I think most likely they either end up in the SEC or end up in the B1G with Stanford. Nobody wants to straddle down with debt of that magnitude, it would take longer to pay it off than just staying in the ACC and accepting whatever payout you get for the next 13 years.

As for all the other conference teams, it's fun to speculate about.

They are looking at selling equity not taking on debt is my understanding. Selling equity in what is the question.

In comments to ESPN on Friday, Miami athletic director Dan Radakovich echoed what Cunningham said. "Florida State is doing what Florida State feels like it needs to do," Radakovich said. "Each of our schools have to make their own decisions. But on top of all of it, we need to continue to try to make the ACC as strong as we can make it. We've got our grant of rights, we have all those other pieces that are associated with keeping ourselves together. Right now, we feel really strongly that our best course of action is to keep the ACC together and try to make it as strong as it can be."

1691441239005.png

PAC not interested in a merger earlier now they want a merger with nothing left. A merger and new grant of rights sinks us for good. The remaining PAC schools do not add to the ACC's marketability

Advertisement
What exactly is the argument for GTech over Stanford or even Cal? I mean I guess more football success than Cal? But not more than Stanford. It’s not like GTech has some major market advantage other than the fact it’s a new state they’d be entering. I’m not saying I don’t think Gatech can get in Big10. I just don’t think they’d be as desired as Stanford. I think the Big10 presidents would love the prestige of having Stanford, it would slightly help odds of getting ND, and it’s not like it’s some major difference to Fox. I’m pretty sure Sat ford gets better ratings than GTech period…

Well, @RVACane was waaaaay too premature in saying that you know "Conference Mathz".

It has been discussed FOR YEARS that the Big 10 gets more TV money going into NEW STATES.

Which is what Georgia would be. And what California no longer is.

Catch up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back