MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This was clearly using a one year budget rather than an aggregate or average of the last 5 years. It seems somewhat like garbage in, garbage out.

Altimore is a dip**** with a weak-*** troll game.

A USC alum telling the remaining Pac-12 schools why they should stick together.

It would be like us on this board listening to a Gaytor alum tell us why Miami is better off staying in the ACC than trying to GTFO

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see what the Big 10 does. Currently at 14 teams, will be 16 in 2024 with the addition of USC and UCLA. Is the next move to 20? Or will they go big and immediately take it to 24? I did see one "evaluation of options" that a Big analyst had done. ND was the #1 candidate, with FSU, Miami, and Clemson as the next 3 most "valuable" options. Washington and Oregon were further down the list and Stanford was also there.

Would be a killer move to simultaneously snap up the cream of both the ACC and the Pac 12. But just taking the cream of the ACC along with ND would be a huge addition. ND, Clemson, UM, and FSU. Each one of those 4 programs dwarf most of the Big 10 in PROGRAMMING POTENTIAL. ND is the big dog, but only Michigan and Ohio State are bigger media draws than Clemson, UM and FSU for national programming against a major opponent. Next few months could be interesting on the expansion news front.

FSU and Clemson want to go to and are a perfect fit for the SEC

No way the SEC/ESPN mob lets FSU/Clemson go to the B1G.

Hopefully we end up in the SEC, too, but going to the B1G would still be a thousand times better than what we have now

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guess I just don’t understand why. They seem to care about every professional sports team, a lot. Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, even the Bruins get a ton of love. Why would they not be interested in college football? I understand BC isn’t great, but still. You’d think a town like Boston would be interested regardless. I can confirm Miami residents don’t care about sports the same way.

Hard to spread your allegiance that far. They are all in on their pro teams.

Lots of things in the mix. Wildcard is if Disney spins ESPN to Comcast as part of the Hulu deal. With NBC involved in Big 10 and Notre Dame and not SEC, it may be in their interest to get something done. Feels like the ACC is being kept down by Disney a bit in favor of the SEC.

Advertisement
It's financial necessity for a school with an FBS program to do whatever possible to get into a Power Conference.

Even a bonafide hoops juggernaut like Connecticut.

As great as UConn has been in the Big East, it's a league whose media rights deal pays only a fraction of what even Big 12 schools will make

Lots of things in the mix. Wildcard is if Disney spins ESPN to Comcast as part of the Hulu deal. With NBC involved in Big 10 and Notre Dame and not SEC, it may be in their interest to get something done. Feels like the ACC is being kept down by Disney a bit in favor of the SEC.
A bit in favor? Disney has been all in on the sec for years. The propaganda espn pushes out daily on the sec is the equivalent to cable news

Disney isn’t giving espn to comcast without a fight. Comcast has already tried unsuccessfully to get ESPN

Advertisement
IMG_0998.png

Hello Big 10!

Advertisement
I think they are accepting of the fact they will fall behind in football. They are trying to pivot into the premier basketball conference in an effort to help migrate the football shortcomings. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
If only there was a P5 conference that tried to do just this and is now stuck in a contractual dispute to stop it from dissolving.

Advertisement
Back