MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

It just shows you what solid and aggressive leadership can do for you and what weak leadership does for you. On paper, the B12, should be the first to die, but instead, they still have a heartbeat, while the ACC and P12 are getting ready to be thrown onto the trash heap of antiquity. Strong leadership - there is no substitute!

What would strong leadership do for the ACC?

Advertisement
With the ACC it appears, at least publicly that they are pretending everything is fine but here have been zero rumors at trying to grow the conference.

That’s because there’s nobody of value out there.

It’s now been reported several times over the last few years, with the most recent being David Hale’s reporting from the ACC conference, that the ACC has done the math on all potential extension targets out there. Including Oregon and Washington.

None of them move the economic needle.

No one on the board of targets for schools that the acc could go after other than ND is additive money wise or strengthens the conferences chances to survive. Full stop.

bringing others in is only a survival as a smaller entity move AFTER the big guns have been poached and you are trying to create conference 3 or 4 in a 2 horse race. And yes Miami is getting poached. Those stats in the chart earlier in this thread still show Miami above many big 10 schools tv wise and in an era where Miami sucked so bad we were often on espn the ocho or worse. When Miami is rolling the audience grows massively, as do games against premier brands. The networks and conferences know this- they are currently looking at miamis WORST CASE viewership and it still is above almost half the BIG10. Start scheduling games in conference with bigger names and suddenly 4 million eyes is the floor. That’s why all the investment in the program facility and administration matters- it’s easier for them to project upside based on some facts not all brand halo.

this is more of a gut feel than knowing but based on the past and relationships and the money, I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami Clemson and fsu all go to big 10 despite assumptions of Clemson and FSU. Its just a reading of some crumbs here or there tbh but we shall see.
I also am no longer convinced big 10 is stopping at 20. I think 24 may have entered the chat. We shall seen

I‘d be shocked if crazy doesn’t begin to start soon. It’s possible I’m wrong but there is soooooo much smoke right now, not from the acc 7 especially the um fsu Clemson crew who have been working in silence mainly, but the big 10 AD’s talking, presidents talking etc. now you throw in the saban weighing in on paying players- the big 2 is happening. I still think it’s unraveling this summer but wouldn’t be shocked if a monkey wrench delays the inevitable, nothing is ever smooth.

Advertisement
A better market share. Smarter TV contracts. Not have its marquee programs looking for the exit.
You're missing the main point ... nobody WANTS to watch BC play Syracuse or Wake Forest. There are basically 3 football brands with national interest ... Clemson, FSU and Miami. "Smarter TV Contracts"??? They had to bend over backwards for ESPN to bother to create the ACCN. Broadcast time has become too valuable and scarce and now networks are willing to pay ONLY for programs that bring in viewers. Build conferences with power programs that draw viewers and you can schedule monster matchups. The ACC was fine in "the old days". Everything is media driven today and you either have a brand with $$$ value or you don't. Fortunately for Miami ... they had the run from Howard, Jimmy, Dennis and Butch (and Coker) ... a dominant 15 year period that established the brand. Blow up the ACC and focus on fewer conferences.

Now, nothing. A couple of years ago, a lot. I actually don't even know if "strong" is the right adjective. Competent or prescient is probably more in line. Swofford and Phillips totally misread the landscape and tea leaves.

1685568245494.png

Advertisement
No one on the board of targets for schools that the acc could go after other than ND is additive money wise or strengthens the conferences chances to survive. Full stop.

bringing others in is only a survival as a smaller entity move AFTER the big guns have been poached and you are trying to create conference 3 or 4 in a 2 horse race. And yes Miami is getting poached. Those stats in the chart earlier in this thread still show Miami above many big 10 schools tv wise and in an era where Miami sucked so bad we were often on espn the ocho or worse. When Miami is rolling the audience grows massively, as do games against premier brands. The networks and conferences know this- they are currently looking at miamis WORST CASE viewership and it still is above almost half the BIG10. Start scheduling games in conference with bigger names and suddenly 4 million eyes is the floor. That’s why all the investment in the program facility and administration matters- it’s easier for them to project upside based on some facts not all brand halo.

this is more of a gut feel than knowing but based on the past and relationships and the money, I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami Clemson and fsu all go to big 10 despite assumptions of Clemson and FSU. Its just a reading of some crumbs here or there tbh but we shall see.
I also am no longer convinced big 10 is stopping at 20. I think 24 may have entered the chat. We shall seen

I‘d be shocked if crazy doesn’t begin to start soon. It’s possible I’m wrong but there is soooooo much smoke right now, not from the acc 7 especially the um fsu Clemson crew who have been working in silence mainly, but the big 10 AD’s talking, presidents talking etc. now you throw in the saban weighing in on paying players- the big 2 is happening. I still think it’s unraveling this summer but wouldn’t be shocked if a monkey wrench delays the inevitable, nothing is ever smooth.
B10 would be laughing to the bank if they managed to pull Miami, Clemson, and FSU while assumedly ceding UNC & UVA (and VTech/NCSt or whatever) to the SEC. That would be highway robbery tbh. Would be a massive L for the SEC to lose FSU and Clemson tbh. I've been on the B10 at 24 teams eventually too. Just makes the most sense for it to eventually shake out that way.

Last edited:

I strongly agree with all of your points.

SEC is behind the 8ball compared to BigTen when it comes to negotiating “new” rates when new teams are added. This is on top of ESPN/Disney slashing costs

Even though Kevin warren is with Bears, he’s still advising from the shadows

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s now been reported several times over the last few years, with the most recent being David Hale’s reporting from the ACC conference, that the ACC has done the math on all potential extension targets out there. Including Oregon and Washington.

U-Dub and Oregon don't give a FF about a crumbling ACC and its lousy media rights deal. They're headed to the Big Ten soon enough.

We need to hold our noises and stay attached at the hip with Tallahassee Tech, Clempson and UN-CHeat.

Plan A: Try like **** to get to the SEC.

Plan B: If that path is blocked for some reason(s), then try like **** to get to the Big Ten

Advertisement
Back