Completely OT: With Manny Being Cuban...

Advertisement
.... can you guys think of another major program that has had a white, black AND a Hispanic head coach? I couldn't but certain aspects of my brain are permanently damaged due to my love affair with grain alcohol. Nonetheless, it's a little trivia tidbit that's also pretty reflective of the most diverse fanbase in the country.

Oregon. In a total of three years.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I would exactly call forgetting something due to proactively destroying brain cells for personal enjoyment neglect.

Says me, while sipping on some Maker's.

"Neglected to think" is just an easier phrase than "unable to think". Saves my family from asking too many questions.

Just poured a St Augustine Florida Cane Vodka and Soda.

Ahhhhh, I KNEW there was an obvious one. My mind was too busy trying to remember all the Texas head coaches.

Wait. We are assuming these people identify as black, white and or Hispanic. Heck, for all we know, they all identify and Mative Americans.

I'm Cuban-American, and I don't care about the nationality of our HC and assistants.
Just win.
I'm with ya brother... the last ******* thing I care about is the guys skin color or ethnicity... all I care about is what he can accomplish... and I'm a conservative. Some people keep their prejudices very disguised but ultimately if they post enough it surfaces.

Advertisement
I'm with ya brother... the last ******* thing I care about is the guys skin color or ethnicity... all I care about is what he can accomplish... and I'm a conservative. Some people keep their prejudices very disguised but ultimately if they post enough it surfaces.

You say you're a conservative at the end there as if that might run counter to only caring about what someone can accomplish. It certainly didn't used* to be conflicting with that mindset but now we're even getting beyond even the "Completely OT" verbiage in the thread title.

I believe Rich Rodriguez is of Spanish descent....his family is not from latin America.
Lots of Spaniards emigrated to Pennsylvannia, WV,etc to work in coal mines, steel mills,etc similar to
the Italians and other immigrants.
Similar deal with Barry Alvarez.
So, no, they are not really hispanics.
Same deal with Spanish immigrants to Tampa during late 1800s and early 1900s to work in the
tobacco industry.
Lou Piniella and Tino Martinez are two offsprings of that group.

Hang on, people from Spain are not Hispanics? Latin America has been described many ways, usually for political reasons. It generally includes counties that speak languages other than Spainish. Brazil, Jamaca, Hati, and Belize come to mind. So it is more accurate to say that many, many, many Latinos are not Hispanic than to claim persons of Spainish decent are not a Hispanic.

"Neglected to think" is just an easier phrase than "unable to think". Saves my family from asking too many questions.

Just poured a St Augustine Florida Cane Vodka and Soda.

St. Augustine Distillery Port Finished Bourbon is worth a couple "Glitches of the Mind"

Advertisement
You say you're a conservative at the end there as if that might run counter to only caring about what someone can accomplish. It certainly didn't used* to be conflicting with that mindset but now we're even getting beyond even the "Completely OT" verbiage in the thread title.
Sadly we live at a time where stereotyping is very, very widespread... and it's easier to group people rather than burning a couple more brain cells to vet people objectively. I just had to say that because some people think conservatives are all presumed to be racist.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back