Complaint against our players by AppState Color Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
0cdf47a3156f74695d9d4750ce2f65a288c79c1528a94ab0269188a6ba2955ae.jpg

On facebook in their comments thread the person who started all this said the band director relayed to her that our players are known for this behavior. What?

Apparently their AD and Blake James have been notified. Richt got a call as well according to them.

No idea how the App State band director would know that our players are known for knocking down band members during pre-game. That's not a stat that's readily available to the music department...

What kind of community college blocks the visiting team entrance with color guards?

They need to go back to FCS

Total BS

Last edited:
Hope this is true because if is it just means that

WE ARE BACK!!!!

There was reports of alot of **** talking before the game and bumping of chests

Advertisement
Here's a video of the Canes taking the field (from the press box) posted by Matt Porter on Twitter. I watched it numerous times and could not see anything there that even remotely resembles the alleged incident. As far as I can tell none of our players even seem to break stride as they run through the color guard nor does anyone in the App State CG even seem to react in any abnormal way to our players as they pass by. Looks like total BS to me..

[TWEET]777175555980587008[/TWEET]

If a Miami player looked at one of them app state ****** it would've been the top of sports center. If a Miami player touched one of those disgusting cvnts it would be lead on CNN right now.

There were cameras everywhere. Stupid *****.

Here's a video of the Canes taking the field (from the press box) posted by Matt Porter on Twitter. I watched it numerous times and could not see anything there that even remotely resembles the alleged incident. As far as I can tell none of our players even seem to break stride as they run through the color guard nor does anyone in the App State CG even seem to react in any abnormal way to our players as they pass by. Looks like total BS to me..

[TWEET]777175555980587008[/TWEET]

12vnts.jpg

Advertisement
App state pound for pound worst fanbase. I'm not even mad, a little impressed actually.

This person making these false allegations had better be very careful. They are opening themselves for a big law suit. This can cause them huge problems. There is no evidence of anything of the sorts happening. They should "conduct themselves accordingly!".

Its all true.....I saw the whole thing unfold......I just didnt know they referred to their football team as the Color Guard.

Last edited:
All this is, is the start of the appys backing out on their part of the home & home 5 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Lol, how did all this happen that fast? People got raped by our team as we ran on to the field? If they got in the way and a few people got knocked over as ran out on the to the field, too bad. Groping and assauliting and cat calls? Lol. We have tons of coaches and support staff all around the players. How did all this happen and no one has evidence?

The below was posted on Yusef's Cabin forum of AppState. Someone posted that this has been brought to the attention of AppState.

Unread postby vegattk » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:24 pm

I hope this message I found from a band of distinction member finds its way to those in the athletic office. IF this happened, and I'm sure there were enough cameras to catch some of this mess, something needs to be said...

I'm certain Mark Richt would not put up with this...

"Today was a weird day. Appalachian played University of Miami in Boone this afternoon, and unfortunately it was a loss for the Mountaineers.
I want to start out by saying that I know that Color Guard isn't viewed highly of by the common individual, let alone most individuals. It's a thing that I enjoy doing, and I've grown a thick skin in regards to how it's viewed. I've learned not to care; however, I do care deeply about my fellow color guard section members, and will not tolerate being outwardly disrespected.
For the end of our marching band's pregame show today, the color guard was lined up in groups on the back sideline as well as 8 steps in front of the back sideline. Typically, the opposing football team will make an effort to run around us as we spin to our fight song, apologizing if they get in our way or make an effort to avoid us completely. Today, Miami's football team decided to blind side one of our members on the corner of the field. She was shoved by several very large, intentionally aggressive, football players. No apologies were made regarding this incident, and the member who was hit had severe pain and had to sit for most of the game. I turned around just as this was happening, and was immediately furious and upset. Leaving the field, I thought that this was the only incident that occurred. It turns out that several other members were groped, sworn at, taunted, and touched in ways that were definitely not asked for.
I will not tolerate events like this occurring. This is 2016, and I will not tolerate excessive cat calling, harassment, and violence towards others, especially without due cause. I will not sit back and allow this to happen because I am a woman or because "it's all in good fun". At its simplest form, it's assault, and I will not tolerate it.
I was told repeatedly today that Miami's team is notoriously scum, but that is no reason to sit back and let this happen. I can't even imagine how many other events similar to this one have occurred. I know the likelihood of this event gaining attention is very slim, because at the end of the day, we're "just the color guard". I want to call attention to the fact that this is unacceptable, but ultimately I'm unsure of the next steps to take. It's worth trying.
On a more positive note, I was on ESPN today because I decided to walk behind an interview and make a weird face.

Okay, full disclosure - I'm a band guy. My degree from UM is in music and I have worked with college marching bands throughout the country at Miami, Georgia, and now at Jacksonville State in Alabama. I know exactly what "color guard" is and I have spent most of my professional life protecting the interests of band geeks everywhere.

That said, beyond the possible initial shove by a player while taking the field, there is absolutely no way to quantify the allegations of "groping, swearing, taunting, and touching." If these are allegations toward the football team, there's no way in **** any band member should be anywhere within "groping distance" of a football player, even during pregame. If they are, that's on the director and to a lesser extent, the home team's AD or Associate AD who work the logistics of field placement out weeks in advance. EVERYTHING from 2 hours prior to kickoff until post-game is scripted in terms of where to be and where not to be - I know because I've written some of the scripts - so if there was a collision, somebody on App State's side screwed up. This isn't Cal-Stanford where the band hangs out wherever they want.

I will always be a "band guy" - they work harder for less recognition than anyone realizes. That said, this story reeks of revisionist sore loser-ship at best, and outright bull**** at worst.

End rant.

Look, I've got a daughter so when I hear **** like "if it happened she liked it" I want to hurt somebody real bad. That said, if you've got an honest issue, if something happened then call the police. Groping shouldn't be put up with. If my daughter told me she was groped by a football player, believe I'd jump his *****-*** with a bat. BUT...if you're not calling the police then I reserve the right to call bull**** on you. If this is a real thing, if you're really that mad, call the police, call a lawyer. Otherwise, stfu.

Advertisement
They came from south beach to grope a ton of chicks in the mountains....please. We Back!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, how did all this happen that fast? People got raped by our team as we ran on to the field? If they got in the way and a few people got knocked over as ran out on the to the field, too bad. Groping and assauliting and cat calls? Lol. We have tons of coaches and support staff all around the players. How did all this happen and no one has evidence?

Not only that, but if you watch the video posted above by distructobot, the game officials actually enter with our guys and are running between our players and the main body of the band (through the color guard lines).

Regardless, the band setting up covering the opponents 2/3 of the field is bush league, they move to the center of the field and there is no issue with contact at all.

Edit: also we need to buy out that trip to Ark St next year ASAP. Only setting ourselves up for more **** like this.

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2627388 said:
Crazy Liberals exist in Boone, nc?

Racists (that probably vote Republican in this instance) often play liberal cards. Same people that scream about minorities and the welfare state as half of their family is on some form of medicaid or disability assistance.

So my uncle actually works in the athletic department at App State. Just called him and he said App State actually has a camera that shows a Miami player groping a female color guard member. He said it appears the Miami player inserts his finger in the young woman's ****. He sent me the video and before I post it none of this is true and thanks for playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back