Comparing 99 QB situation to 2021

****** Scott had no clue how strong his arm was. I remember an intramural game we had one spring when we all came back for work outs. Just out by the track playing with random students and what not. This idjit broke Alex Cora's wrist he threw a pass that shattered his ****. He missed time over this nonsense when the baseball season was going on. We were cracking up. Jim Morris wouldn't let them play with us no more except bowling. They been had a rule about we couldn't go to the baseball field when they were there because of kenard lang breaking the glass in that upstairs office. Fun days
@Poopscoop Mannnn I miss Scott...Great kid with a Great family..I remember his Mom came outta the stands vs UCLA and stood on the sidelines...My Wife at the time stood and talked with her forever. Mom had flown all the way in from Cali...

Advertisement
Be careful. King is the kind of quarterback that can make a post like this look crazy any given day. I am just going to stfu and let it play out.
No he won’t. Even in his best performances he does the same things wrong.

My guy..Van dyke nor Garcia are saving this offense..Dorsey came in with the benefit of a run game that was consistent and ate off PA..this oline still struggles to create consistent push
No. Donaldson does.

No he won’t. Even in his best performances he does the same things wrong.

The OP said, does Coach Diaz have the balls to do what’s best for the team and start a young Garcia over a veteran in King. You don’t think that would look or sound crazy if King has a similar game to, one of, in your words “his best performances?”

Well, let’s take a look at one of his best performances last year, on the road @ NC State

King was 31 of 41for 430 yards through the air, a completion percentage of 75.6 %, 5 TDs, a QBR rating of 93, 15 rushing attempts for 105 yards at 7 a pop.

Yeah, you’re going to bench a guy who does that all because he ****ed the RPO a few times.

The OP said, does Coach Diaz have the balls to do what’s best for the team and start a young Garcia over a veteran in King. You don’t think that would look or sound crazy if King has a similar game to, one of, in your words “his best performances?”

Well, let’s take a look at one of his best performances last year, on the road @ NC State

King was 31 of 41for 430 yards through the air, a completion percentage of 75.6 %, 5 TDs, a QBR rating of 93, 15 rushing attempts for 105 yards at 7 a pop.

Yeah, you’re going to bench a guy who does that all because he ****ed the RPO a few times.
It’s not a few times. He ***** up all the time. You bringing up NC State is like saying we shouldn’t have moved on from Rosier because he beat ND. Spare me the 1 game where he miraculously does well.

Advertisement
"Hey Mandy"....I'm your Daddy Butch...Sorry my players were dropping like Flies"...They really weren't hurt, they hit the Ground laughing Hysterically, watching your Soul Train quartet Dance down by 10pts....Now Dance your Sick to your Stomach lookin *** back to my former Throne at Hecht...
CC573731-9003-4F9C-9A50-C7428B9238F7.jpeg
5C103A85-DA24-4FB8-A7DF-D22A37D7D80F.jpeg

SMDH! Why do some people always have this as a go to to hit Butch with? If we hadn’t been robbed by that **** BCS crap, Butch would have won a Natty in 2000 and ole clappy would not have been the HC when Butch won his 2nd one the following year and who knows how many more.
If not for the ***** job in 2000, which then landed program killer Coker in place, we'd have definitely gotten 3 in a row.
Coker didn't have that team prepared in 2002 against OSU. Butch would have had them fired up.

Advertisement
It’s not a few times. He ***** up all the time. You bringing up NC State is like saying we shouldn’t have moved on from Rosier because he beat ND. Spare me the 1 game where he miraculously does well.

No, you missed the point. King has had other outstanding games. My POINT was that i will standby and stfu because he is very capable of turning in games like that and so my point remains. Just be careful. The post may not age well. Or you may end up 100% right. Who knows.

Count up the number of 1st rounders we had on the 1999 team. Wayne, Moss, Franks, Morgan Damione Lewis Ed Reed, Phillip Buchanon plus we had Portis Nate Webster and James Jackson.
Najeh, although he was injured Game 1

Advertisement

"Malzahn’s an offensive mind by trade, but he ceded play calls to his 33-year-old offensive coordinator, Rhett Lashlee. It sounds like that’s a permanent arrangement."

"Malzahn, Auburn's head coach, officially turned the play-calling over to his protege and the Tigers' offensive coordinator before last week's win over LSU; and Lashlee will be calling the shots again when Auburn plays host to Louisiana-Monroe at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...xplains-why-****-be-taking-over-play-calling/

"On Sunday night, Auburn announced that Kenny Dillingham was the team’s new offensive coordinator. The play-caller, however, is once again head coach Gus Malzahn.

Malzahn handed play-calling over to then-offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee during the 2016 season and had Lashlee’s successor Chip Lindsey call plays in 2017 and ’18, but is going back to being the play-caller with Dillingham as offensive coordinator. In his Thursday press conference, Malzahn explained why he’ll be calling plays again, starting with the Music City Bowl."

"Rhett Lashlee has been a deeply polarizing figure at Auburn over the last few seasons. There are plenty who have derided his ability to develop the quarterbacks and considered him only a "Yes Man." Then there are those - like me - who have defended his coaching and praised his play-calling during the Tigers' 6-game winning streak in 2016."

Seems that Auburn fans also had concerns about Lashlee + QBs way back when. Is it a coincidence that our QB, who once scored 50 TDs in a single season, is now struggling? Maybe...

Ain’t no coincidence.

They don’t know how to teach a high powered passing attack.

King was able to effectively facilitate a run and shoot offense that relies on on the fly adjustments via option routes but all of a sudden, he can’t play.

He struggled with air raid when Briles left Houston. That’s how he lost the job in the first place. I can’t figure out why we didn’t install concepts closer to what he was successful with at Houston. We probably couldn’t install all those option routes because that takes a lot of time, but we could have put in some of the route concepts, footwork, and blocking.

Now people think we should sacrifice the freshmen because we ran bubble screens all summer.

So OP wants Garcia to start based off of a Spring Game vs an inept defense?
I wouldn’t necessarily want him to start. I just wish we could get these guys meaningful playing time. IMO it’s a real problem that even when they win, they can almost never deliver enough of an ***-kicking to be able to get these guys into game situations.

Advertisement
@Poopscoop Mannnn I miss Scott...Great kid with a Great family..I remember his Mom came outta the stands vs UCLA and stood on the sidelines...My Wife at the time stood and talked with her forever. Mom had flown all the way in from Cali...
He married a gal from Western Mass I think. Her family rented a beach house next to my buddies house and Covington was there one summer. Never met the dude, figured he did not need some random Masshole Cane fan stalking him and his gal…

Advertisement
Back