Comparing 99 QB situation to 2021

I don't know about a million times.

Crazy talk.

Certainly a better passer.

Ok, I fine, hyperbole. But, KK was an incredible passer. "better passer" doesn't do the difference justice, imo. Worlds better, imo.

I still maintain that had KK focused on football, he would have been a great one here.

Advertisement
For one, Butch Davis didn’t build this roster.

For two, neither of the freshman are gonna save this team. Problems are way deeper and different here.

Y’all wanna throw TVD or Garcia into the fire fine, but don’t call them bums when they get burned to ashes because that’s exactly what’s going to happen because COACHING IS THE PROBLEM.

Lashlee won’t adjust it enough for either of them and when that jail break pressure is all over their asses, it will get ugly. TVD will be an over cautious sack machine. Garcia would be an interception and sack machine. The entire offense is out of whack, not just King. Y’all are too focused on the bad plays and not seeing the big picture.

Manny is in danger of losing control (if he ever had it). EVERYTHING we see is a symptom of that.

King is literally the only reason we won that game Saturday..and he was not at his best…to actually sit here and try to compare that 99 team to this one.,.lord take the wheel 🤦🏽‍♂️

The point is not to compare the 99 team to this one.
I'm comparing how in 99 the team would not have reached their full potential had Kelly stayed healthy and continued on as the starter by virtue of being the veteran QB.
Same thing this year. This team offensively will not reach its full potential with King starting.
It's my wishfuk thinking that maybe Garcia can come in much like Dorsey did and make this offense better.
My guy..Van dyke nor Garcia are saving this offense..Dorsey came in with the benefit of a run game that was consistent and ate off PA..this oline still struggles to create consistent push

Spot on. Either adapt the system for your QB or start a QB that fits the system. I don't put this on King. King scored 50 TDs in a season. Lashlee got fired from his OC duties at Auburn. When Lashlee left SMU, Dykes literally stated he wanted his next OC to be more Air Raid focused (more pass, less run). Not a drop off at all once Lashlee was gone. One of those two has earned the benefit of the doubt and his name doesn't rhyme with Trashley.
Lashlee was the OC in title at Auburn, but didn’t call plays. He left Auburn (didn’t get fired) for UConn so he could call plays.

Advertisement
KK was a million times the qb that King is. This isn't even a comparison.
He had a much better arm...but I don't know if he was a Million times better...I spent lots of time with KK...he had the physical attributes, but didn't have it between the ears like KD....

Ok, I fine, hyperbole. But, KK was an incredible passer. "better passer" doesn't do the difference justice, imo. Worlds better, imo.

I still maintain that had KK focused on football, he would have been a great one here.
Covington was better than KK....Scott should have been the starter in 97...He had one of the most underrated arms in UM History...

Actually this team reminds more more of the 1982 team. Jim Keely, Bernie Kosar.

Yeah for sure

King is literally the only reason we won that game Saturday..and he was not at his best…to actually sit here and try to compare that 99 team to this one.,.lord take the wheel 🤦🏽‍♂️
That 99 team would beat this team rather easily...even with KK at QB...But as you alluded to, the 99 OL was wayyyy better than this one...with a much better OL coach to boot. And RBs Galore...they beat a good GT team in the bowl game..who were led by QB Joe Hamilton, who resembles King alot.

Advertisement
Lashlee was the OC in title at Auburn, but didn’t call plays. He left Auburn (didn’t get fired) for UConn so he could call plays.

"Malzahn’s an offensive mind by trade, but he ceded play calls to his 33-year-old offensive coordinator, Rhett Lashlee. It sounds like that’s a permanent arrangement."

"Malzahn, Auburn's head coach, officially turned the play-calling over to his protege and the Tigers' offensive coordinator before last week's win over LSU; and Lashlee will be calling the shots again when Auburn plays host to Louisiana-Monroe at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...xplains-why-****-be-taking-over-play-calling/

"On Sunday night, Auburn announced that Kenny Dillingham was the team’s new offensive coordinator. The play-caller, however, is once again head coach Gus Malzahn.

Malzahn handed play-calling over to then-offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee during the 2016 season and had Lashlee’s successor Chip Lindsey call plays in 2017 and ’18, but is going back to being the play-caller with Dillingham as offensive coordinator. In his Thursday press conference, Malzahn explained why he’ll be calling plays again, starting with the Music City Bowl."

"Rhett Lashlee has been a deeply polarizing figure at Auburn over the last few seasons. There are plenty who have derided his ability to develop the quarterbacks and considered him only a "Yes Man." Then there are those - like me - who have defended his coaching and praised his play-calling during the Tigers' 6-game winning streak in 2016."

Seems that Auburn fans also had concerns about Lashlee + QBs way back when. Is it a coincidence that our QB, who once scored 50 TDs in a single season, is now struggling? Maybe...

Advertisement
That 99 team would beat this team rather easily...even with KK at QB...But as you alluded to, the 99 OL was wayyyy better than this one...with a much better OL coach to boot. And RBs Galore...they beat a good GT team in the bowl game..who were led by QB Joe Hamilton, who resembles King alot.
99 had better weapons at receiver too.

Idk man..Butch Davis was a questionable Gametime coach..very questionable..Ole clappy took Butchs players and did something he couldn’t..win a natty..but I think at the end of the Butch would deploy the cramp gate strategy..and have Ed and company falling down in between plays to stop tempo

Yep. Butch hated that Kelly was playing baseball and couldn't give the keys to Dorsey fast enough.
This was the only time in my life that I celebrated a Cane getting injured and I actually did it out loud decked out in Canes gear in the stands right in the middle of a bunch of Hokie fans. I think they thought I had lost my mind or something but I had been waiting and wishing for some opportunity to get Dorsey on the field. He would have had that first comeback win if not for the dropped pass for the easy 6.

Advertisement
Idk man..Butch Davis was a questionable Gametime coach..very questionable..Ole clappy took Butchs players and did something he couldn’t..win a natty..but I think at the end of the Butch would deploy the cramp gate strategy..and have Ed and company falling down in between plays to stop tempo
You crazy af...Ole Clappy destroyed everything Butch created...

SMDH! Why do some people always have this as a go to to hit Butch with? If we hadn’t been robbed by that **** BCS crap, Butch would have won a Natty in 2000 and ole clappy would not have been the HC when Butch won his 2nd one the following year and who knows how many more.

Advertisement
Back