Comments on this comment?

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
Speaking to an audience of Texas HS coaches, Tom Herman says, "I've recruited all over the country, and there's no better developed player than a Texas high school football player."

Advertisement
Speaking to an audience of Texas HS coaches, Tom Herman says, "I've recruited all over the country, and there's no better developed player than a Texas high school football player."
He’s probably right. Many many Texas HS football programs are ran like college programs. **** half of them have better facilities than FCS programs. They aren’t the most talented but they very well be the most “developed”

They are more developed in terms of a kid getting acclimated quicker to a college program, yes. That state pours resources into they schools and football programs..but in terms of developing football players..per square mile it’s the state of South Florida, from Orlando on down

Advertisement
They are more developed in terms of a kid getting acclimated quicker to a college program, yes. That state pours resources into they schools and football programs..but in terms of developing football players..per square mile it’s the state of South Florida, from Orlando on down

Agreed

Cmon...Although I agree ...But what would you have expected him to say?

But I bet he said the same thing to Ohio HS coaches

Look At this TX HIGH SCHOOL stadium...

football is a religion in TX ..Blasphemy is not tolerated and dealt with very harshly

Not the best athletes though

Attachments

• TX.jpg
    TX.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Ok I'm gonna be hammered but that statement in my opinion is true. Although I feel Florida, specifically south Florida has the best talent in the country for high school recruits. Texas has the best high school coaches and support for the school system.

Advertisement
It's really two different kinds of football. Not much different than B12 vs ACC. Texas offenses are no doubt more complex than most SFL schools. On the other side of the coin, everyone can appreciate the simplicity yet effectiveness of SFL defenses.

In SFL you have to be a good recruiter first. Coaching comes second. To me Roger Harriot is the best example of this discussion. Last year they started to look a bit better but his offenses have never looked like efficient, creative, or dominant, considering the advantage they have over most.

I bet if you compared budgets, facilities, and support staff quantity and quality of the top50 FL HS vs top50 Texas HS there would be significant discrepancy as well.

Last edited:
Cmon...Although I agree ...But what would have expected him to say?

But I bet he said the same thing to Ohio HS coaches

Yeah, like he's gonna say "Miami has the most developed amount of high schools in the country. Texas is...fine."

What did you expect him to say, that texas high school player's suck ??? just tailoring his message to the audience. On a side note, I would like to 12th man his wife.

Advertisement
I totally disagree. Florida, particularly South Florida, is better. A 3 star from SoFla is better than any 4 star, and a lot of 5 star players wherever they're from. Forever I've held that Texas players aren't all they're cracked up to be. Forever, UTex dominated recruiting in Tx, including back when we embarrassed them in the bowl game. I've always felt that the really good Tx players are those who go elsewhere. Case in point, a certain Cane linebacker.

He’s probably right. Many many Texas HS football programs are ran like college programs. **** half of them have better facilities than FCS programs. They aren’t the most talented but they very well be the most “developed”
We lived in Houston 20 years. Some of the high schools there had better facilities and support than many colleges.

Advertisement
Speaking to a collection of Texas high school coaches, the Head Coach at The University of Texas complimented the development of Texas athletes.

Could there possibly be anything less noteworthy?

I cant think of anything.

Oh! Nawww - that's very noteworthy - so I won't mention it.

Nope! Nothing less noteworthy!

Came to this thread to say what we apparently already communicated over Twitter.

Worse yet, that state traditionally (maybe less now than 15-20 years ago) overvalues players in their sophomore and junior years (actually, something I'm beginning to see in Florida, as well). There's tremendous opportunity in identifying "late bloomers." We're talking about 16-18 year old kids.

Came to this thread to say what we apparently already communicated over Twitter.

Worse yet, that state traditionally (maybe less now than 15-20 years ago) overvalues players in their sophomore and junior years (actually, something I'm beginning to see in Florida, as well). There's tremendous opportunity in identifying "late bloomers." We're talking about 16-18 year old kids.

If you are saying what I think you’re saying, I have suspected this to be true.

Do you think we are not evaluating seniors well enough to fill our roster with talented players?

When I look at the way we have recruited, it seems we waste too much time on the guys everybody wants. They troll us, take the bag, and skip town.

Meanwhile, talented less heralded guys go ball out for scrub programs and we sit around complaining about depth while slow playing guys that want to be here.

It makes no sense.

Can you expand on your statement?

Advertisement
Back