Colorado OC Sean Lewis

1693849602222.gif

Advertisement
@skyman @Memnon @Lance Roffers @Rod Is Godly

from an Xs and Os perspective what is the ceiling for a Sean Lewis offense if they have elite QB play and a few weapons but can't run with numbers advantage in the box (as was the case against CSU) and so are passing all game against defenses with everyone dropped into coverage, do you think the short passing game can proxy the run game or are they gonna be cooked on offense against Pac-12 opponents?

They’re going to struggle when they go against a team with even an average front. They struggle to get the run game going and Sanders has already been sacked 15 times. That’s more on what they have on the line than a fault of the offensive system. If anything, Lewis is maximizing production from a unit that is getting almost nothing from their offensive line. Given the talent they have at QB and WR, this is the absolute best they could have hoped for.

Advertisement

from an Xs and Os perspective what is the ceiling for a Sean Lewis offense if they have elite QB play and a few weapons but can't run with numbers advantage in the box (as was the case against CSU) and so are passing all game against defenses with everyone dropped into coverage, do you think the short passing game can proxy the run game or are they gonna be cooked on offense against Pac-12 opponents?
Ever heard of the West Coast offense?

Bill Walsh was a pioneer of it. Pioneers came to Colorado. Bill Walsh coached the 49ers, a team named for the gold rush. Colorado had one of its own, if you know your history.

Sean Lewis is the new Bill Walsh. His offense has never lost a game (this year), and does not even need a traditional O line. There have been rumors swirling around Boulder that he has been experimenting with just *3 or 4 lineman*, 1 TE (another one of Lewis’ strengths) 6 or 7 WR, 1-0 RBs, and Shadur.

The Gold Coast Offense is already born.

I dont see it ending well.. Not being able to run AT ALL is a problem. I think they get transfer Alton McCaskill back but we will see how that helps..

Advertisement

Lewis was on my very short list of OC’s to get in the offseason. Had someone tell me he was interested in taking P5 job, as he was a HC at a G5.

He does an excellent job of using leverage against the defense and creating spacial advantages. His short passing game is simply to spread you out horizontally and make the defense vulnerable in MOF and on deep choice routes.

Always tough to say this guy over that guy with the variance in personnel, but I don’t see how you wouldn’t be thrilled to have him as a HC next year if you’re a lower P5.

He can recruit as well. Innovative and excellent at getting his best players the ball in various ways.

Advertisement
Lewis was on my very short list of OC’s to get in the offseason. Had someone tell me he was interested in taking P5 job, as he was a HC at a G5.

He does an excellent job of using leverage against the defense and creating spacial advantages. His short passing game is simply to spread you out horizontally and make the defense vulnerable in MOF and on deep choice routes.

Always tough to say this guy over that guy with the variance in personnel, but I don’t see how you wouldn’t be thrilled to have him as a HC next year if you’re a lower P5.

He can recruit as well. Innovative and excellent at getting his best players the ball in various ways.
And he loves Jameson shots so he's okay in my book

What is MOF?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back