Collins Decommits

Collins was probably going to get dropped regardless. But between ESD approaching and the elite talent considering us within the next 2 weeks, I’m going on a whim and saying that his spot is being used on one of them.

Advertisement
If you put haye into Collins body you have a high four star. But that’s not the case. So give me the guy who leaves it all out there

Biggest knock on Haye is he's a bit short for a DT and lacks prototype size. But in a college DT, I care less about that. Average physical ability and elite effort will more often than not beat elite physical ability and below-average effort... and in the ACC (and throughout college football, honestly), where most of our opponent's don't have elite physical ability across the interior OL, I take the high motor kid over the low effort kid all day.

monHe was dropped, staff hasn't spoken with him in months.

Big red flags with his work ethic & lack of motor made him expendable.

yep.

it's the equivalent of me tweeting tonight:

"just notified joe biden i'm withdrawing my name from consideration to be the next secretary of the treasury. 💸💵 respect my decision. no interviews."

actually, savion's announcement may mean less than that.

:LOL:

Advertisement
Idk if we have somebody lined up to take his spot, but reading about his red flags I'm ok even if it's to keep an IC open for a Portal kid in a position of need or roll over for next year

He’s lazy bro. No motor
Last thing I will say on this thread.........any defensive player who originates from SW......
Baby-Doo-Baby-Wipes-Sensitive-Blue2-300x300_600x600.jpg

Advertisement
This kid reminds me of Norton a little bit in terms of body type. Norton was also pegged as a better OL prospect, but he took exception to that and worked hard to prove that wrong. If reports about this kids' work ethic are true, then it's good we dropped him. When was the last time a lazy DT worked out solely on talent?

Biggest knock on Haye is he's a bit short for a DT and lacks prototype size. But in a college DT, I care less about that. Average physical ability and elite effort will more often than not beat elite physical ability and below-average effort... and in the ACC (and throughout college football, honestly), where most of our opponent's don't have elite physical ability across the interior OL, I take the high motor kid over the low effort kid all day.
6'2 isnt short for a dt.

6'2 isnt short for a dt.
Last I saw he was verified 6'1", maybe he's grown but I haven't seen it. Average college DT is closer to 6'3", but I'm not going to quibble over 1-2 inches when you and I both know he's a little bit shorter than the prototype these recruiting services want to see for the blue chip kids.

Advertisement
Last thing I will say on this thread.........any defensive player who originates from SW......
Baby-Doo-Baby-Wipes-Sensitive-Blue2-300x300_600x600.jpg
Nice shot , I played in 75 at SW and if Savion was there , I would have DESTROHIM BEYOND IMAGINATION and I played at 6’1” 240 DL and OL .

Every practice 2-3 a days , I stayed after dragging 3 truck tires after practice 33” quads if rock brother LMAO AT SAVION

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back