Collins Decommits

Advertisement
How is Payton undersized? He’s a high school kid who probably hasn’t had the proper nutrition and weight room...y’all expect every 17 year old to be 260???

Exactly! I didn’t realize kids 200 pounds at 18 can’t go to college and gain weight. I’ll take a south florida pass rusher over a lazy 300 pounder any day of the week

I do agree.....let’s see if we actually close on better prospects

Get me any two of Maason, Terrence, Patrick and Markevious and I'm more than fine with this. Get me three and I take back everything negative I've said about you, Manny.

Advertisement
Going to be really interesting to look back at this recruitment. I for one wish we kept him in the class. Hopefully somebody bumps this in 3 years and I can laugh at how wrong I was.

kid has the tools to be a very good DT. I need to see how Manny finishes this class.
He’s lazy bro. No motor

Going to be really interesting to look back at this recruitment. I for one wish we kept him in the class. Hopefully somebody bumps this in 3 years and I can laugh at how wrong I was.

kid has the tools to be a very good DT. I need to see how Manny finishes this class.
you may be right, but remember that 2022 is LOADED at DL and we are tight on scholies this year

Advertisement
I hate getting rid of local, highly rated, big boys...they have value.

That value is limited with a dude that can't rush the passer, though. If he doesn't project to rush the passer and we got work ethic issues...it is what it is. Leonard Taylor and Allen Haye are very good prospects so I am not stressing. If you switched Haye and Collins composite scores, I think that'd be more realistic of each player.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This was clear as day during the game against Northwestern. He barely played and I believe I even saw him playing OL.
I said back in July Collins wasn't gonna be in this class, I've been saying for months there were red flags with his ability & work ethic. He basically got moved to OG this year because he put on a bunch of weight in the offseason & was out of shape.

He has raw talent, but there's too many question marks to justify taking him in a year where spots are limited.

Advertisement
Back