"College football has changed."

"Al Golden was a pretty good hire and he failed miserably" Finebaum Lol

[video=youtube_share;IOuIHRQiG1k]https://youtu.be/IOuIHRQiG1k[/video]

You do know that's going to be the opening scene for the "U Part 3" right? Or maybe the handshake of death by Dabo? Can't decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

You do know that's going to be the opening scene for the "U Part 3" right? Or maybe the handshake of death by Dabo? Can't decide.

I hope they start it like part 1 "In the early 2000's after the glory days miami was horrible" then they show all the sh1tty losses we've had including the cincinati loss and then show this guy. Talk about everyone doubting richt and stuff. Then get it rollin by the 2018 recruiting success! I can't wait!

Anyone else find it sad that a school like Texas has to do what Texas A&M is doing to get recruits.. in a hotbed might I add? flashy locker room don't win you titles.. coaches with a plan does.. I would like to think most kids aren't committing to TAMU or Texas just because of nice lockers.. only future jags do.

I watched the finebaum segment live, I clearly remember watching Danny Kanell's reaction to what he was saying and I believe at the end of it he said you believe that because you don't know them or something of that nature...as if he was indirectly saying that he didn't know what he was talking about.

After we beat FSU this year, who's up with flooding his show with calls hammering him about that interview?

Advertisement
Everything setting up for the big, "we shouldn't win this game" moment to finally go our way. Soon.
The night of September 16th, 2017, we hope.

Very true! We need to clear that psychological hurdle before we really get this train going. The huge win vs FSU in 2000 was such a game and it ignited an unprecedented run. Everything that is happening with this program, from coaching to the IPF to recruiting is pointing to a glorious return to the elite of college football and building us up for another era of dominance. Already you can see all the pieces starting to come together. We can see this clearly in the front seven and after this next class the secondary will be loaded with legit UM caliber talent. We can already see the same starting to happen with the WR, TE, and. RB units. The most exciting thing to me however is seeing the OL and QB positions starting to attract the type of talent needed to win big. This staff has been very proactive in terms of rebuilding​ this offensive line. Donaldson, Gaynor, Scaife, Reed and Herbert are just the start as we are starting to see the truly elite OL show major interest in UM. Finally at QB we are beginning to see Richt's reputation pay off with the signing of N'kosi Perry and the commitment of Art Sitkowski.

I would go so far as to state that after the 2018 class signs we will have the deepest and most talented roster at UM since 2002. The fact that a possible matchup between UM and Alabama is being discussed to open the 2020 season is certainly no coincidence and underscores the fact that the college football world sees the exact same thing and knows that the sleeping giant is finally awake.

I hope they start it like part 1 "In the early 2000's after the glory days miami was horrible" then they show all the sh1tty losses we've had including the cincinati loss and then show this guy. Talk about everyone doubting richt and stuff. Then get it rollin by the 2018 recruiting success! I can't wait!

I hope it starts with the banner flying over just before the Clemson game, then all the headlines of him being fired.

"We can't expect Miami to recruit with the big boys because they don't have nice lockers with flat screens."

It's time for this bull**** argument to finally die. Miami has always been a sleeping giant in recruiting. We have everything a recruit could want and the top location on Earth. Miami is the place where the best players grow up and where the rest of the players want to move once they make money.

This is what happens when you have professionals in charge.

#truth

Advertisement
The Living Legend was pounding that "sleeping giant" drum while all the turds (a huge portion of them within UM's fan base) were shoveling dirt on our grave. We were always just a good hire away. All the marquee programs have gone through the same exact long dry spells as a result of a string of bad hires.

Sanctions, bowl bans, loss of scholarships, bad coaching hires and a dispassionate President. Playing field is leveled. Recruits see it and it starts with the So. Fla. boys. It's happening Finebaum, Kinell and Mark May can eat ****. Lou Holtz gonna be spitting up a storm.
Dam I been waiting a long time. Can't wait...

"We can't expect Miami to recruit with the big boys because they don't have nice lockers with flat screens."

It's time for this bull**** argument to finally die. Miami has always been a sleeping giant in recruiting. We have everything a recruit could want and the top location on Earth. Miami is the place where the best players grow up and where the rest of the players want to move once they make money.

This is what happens when you have professionals in charge.

I will always go with the Shalala effect on this topic, facilities, etc.

You cannot suppress the quality of coaching hires in a recruiting hotspot like South FLA and truly expect those that are willing to be Canes under any circumstances to carry the day.

We were truly damned to coincide the 2001-2002 successes on the national scene with bringing that Clintonite in to run the show...I doubt many of us saw the level of failure that was to come for 13-14 years, but while the lack of facility upgrades from 2003-2012 just to stay competitive are clearly on her, the forced mediocrity of coaching hires and support staff really buried us in recruiting, not to mention development.

UM

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sleeping-giant-31.jpg
BAMA 2020

Advertisement
Everything setting up for the big, "we shouldn't win this game" moment to finally go our way. Soon.
The night of September 16th, 2017, we hope.

I think we lose that game but beat FSU this year.
I'm expecting a 9-3 10-2 type year. Been betting college football for 30 years, as of right now we don't have a QB with any experience. It's going to be tough to win big games on the road. Two years from now we should be kicking *** and taking no prisoners.

I love the class so far, but it seems like a down year for MNW, STA, Central, & BTW. No commits from those schools as of yet.

Someone on campus right now for journalism..or something..putting together all this footage ..may be worth a mint here shortly. He'll...just start putting the documentary together yourself!!...

Advertisement
Back