Colin McCarthy

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Until Sunday, McCarthy had played primarily on special teams. Prior to kickoff, he gathered his defensive teammates and told them they could count on him. He was right.

“He was monstrous,â€Â￾ cornerback Cortland Finnegan said.

The fourth-round pick out of Miami made the defensive calls and stayed on the field most of the game.

“I just wanted to tell the guys that I had prepared, and they could count on me,â€Â￾ McCarthy said. “So they were confident in me, and we could then just go out there and play football.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...0022/Tennessee-Titans-rookie-delivers-promise

Advertisement
No surprise here.

He was misused when he was here, either through injuries or other issues.

He was far from complete as an LB but in the NFL they know how to maximize your talents, and CMac had tons of talent. Good for him, kid is a relentless football player.

Good for him, always like him

I think its funny a lot of posters rip guys like McCarthy and Sharpton (his Sr year) and then realize when they are gone that they were pretty good football players.

Same thing is going to happen with Spence, at least those that think he's not a great college LB. Nevermind he's been the best college LB at Miami since Dan Morgan (yeah I said it).

Sharpton was good as a senior, less good before that. (Decent junior year). CC was probably better for longer. Made a lot of plays as a senior but also whiffed too many. But that was a tough year.

Advertisement
I was watching a Titans pre-season game and he made a play I never saw him make in college. The offense ran play-action and threw a pass 15-20 yards down the field and CMac was there to break up the play. I was impressed so I replayed it on my DVR to see if he was just dropping back like a Mike is supposed to in a tampa 2 scheme, nope.

Instead, as soon as the qb turned to carry out the fake to the RB, he quickly glanced at the TE and turned to pick him up in coverage before the qb had actually finished going through his play-fake. Watching the rest of that series I could tell he wasn't just guessing with each hand-off and play-action pass. In less than a year he was reading keys and diagnosing plays as they happened at the NFL level (albeit pre-season).

It's pretty frustrating seeing him do that as he seemed to bite on every play action pass run against him while he was in college.

Not the first time a player has looked better in the NFL than they did at UM, it's amazing what competent coaching can do for a player that has a decent skill set.

well daaaamn. the more you think about it, the more you see just how bad randy was. dude is worse than coker.

Advertisement

I think its funny a lot of posters rip guys like McCarthy and Sharpton (his Sr year) and then realize when they are gone that they were pretty good football players.

Same thing is going to happen with Spence, at least those that think he's not a great college LB. Nevermind he's been the best college LB at Miami since Dan Morgan (yeah I said it).

I realize I'm going off topic here, and I apologize...but spence the best backer since morgan? Ummm no, sorry...and I love spence's game, just for the record.

And back on topic...it's great to see mccarthy making the most of his opportunities in the league. I always saw the raw ability from him, but it's obvious what was lacking...but I don't feel like rehashing the coaching issue. It's been discussed enough.

I realize I'm going off topic here, and I apologize...but spence the best backer since morgan? Ummm no, sorry...and I love spence's game, just for the record.

And back on topic...it's great to see mccarthy making the most of his opportunities in the league. I always saw the raw ability from him, but it's obvious what was lacking...but I don't feel like rehashing the coaching issue. It's been discussed enough.

Who was better than Spence? Maybe Vilma? Certainly not DJ.

Advertisement

Vilma was exactly who I had in mind.

No surprise here.

He was far from complete as an LB but in the NFL they know how to maximize your talents, and CMac had tons of talent. Good for him, kid is a relentless football player.

How was he Misused???

No surprise here.

How was he Misused???

When they moved him to the middle out of necessity. It was a last minute move and it made him look terrible. Did you not watch any games last season?

Advertisement
No surprise here.

How was he Misused???

When they moved him to the middle out of necessity. It was a last minute move and it made him look terrible. Did you not watch any games last season?

Only to our exaggerated fanbase did CMAC look terrible... He had multiple 15+ tackle games... He took himself out the play a couple of times but CMAC never looked terrible... He was a good backer here... I think injuries slowed him up early in his career but he was still ballin... Next we'll have Spence ball out in the league and everyone will be like, "where did this come from?"...

Vilma was exactly who I had in mind.

Well stats would says that Spence has been better and he doesn't have the benefit of playing behind a great DL. I love Vilma but Spence is/was a better college LB IMO. Spence is very underrated by our fan base because he hasn't played on good teams, which isn't his fault.

Advertisement
Back