Colin McCarthy

He was always an active player here, and now, like the other poster said, he's got a good DL in front of him, and he's getting quality NFL coaching. I wouldn't quite call him one of the best MLB in the league yet (a half year of starting is not a big enough sample size....), but he's off to a promising start.

Can't go wrong with another 52 playing great Mike backer (RayRay and JonBeastinBeason)

Advertisement
Advertisement
So happy for this guy. I've been a huge fan since his HS video from Clearwater Catholic, which resembled Bobby Boucher's college highlights. I remember watching practice when he first got here, and he was intercepting passes just like he's doing now in the pros.

A lot of people knocked his pass coverage when he was here, which surprised me considering that was always one of McCarthy's greatest strengths as an athletic former receiver. He made a ton of big plays at Miami (TFLs, fumble recoveries, etc.) and is really blossoming with the Titans. If he can avoid concussion and shoulder issues (and considering his style of play, I'm concerned) he will be one of the very best middle linebackers in the league.

Advertisement
Always got short changed by our fans because he immediately got slapped with "Next Dan Morgan" and, predictably, didn't become a two time first team all american and sweep the major awards his senior year. Was a real nice player and if we had had 22 more just like him we would have been a force.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** no.

Good for him, always like him

I think its funny a lot of posters rip guys like McCarthy and Sharpton (his Sr year) and then realize when they are gone that they were pretty good football players.

Same thing is going to happen with Spence, at least those that think he's not a great college LB. Nevermind he's been the best college LB at Miami since Dan Morgan (yeah I said it).

I realize I'm going off topic here, and I apologize...but spence the best backer since morgan? Ummm no, sorry...and I love spence's game, just for the record.

And back on topic...it's great to see mccarthy making the most of his opportunities in the league. I always saw the raw ability from him, but it's obvious what was lacking...but I don't feel like rehashing the coaching issue. It's been discussed enough.

Who was better than Spence? Maybe Vilma? Certainly not DJ.

Vilma was exactly who I had in mind.

Well stats would says that Spence has been better and he doesn't have the benefit of playing behind a great DL. I love Vilma but Spence is/was a better college LB IMO. Spence is very underrated by our fan base because he hasn't played on good teams, which isn't his fault.

Advertisement
Back