Coley's offense gets ****ted on

Advertisement
You know who the best recruiter is?

THE SCORE BOARD.

If we had an innovative offense that lined up with 3 to 4 WR's every play and exploited mismatches we'd score a lot of points. The offense would be lighting it up and kids from South Florida would want to play in it.

I've been saying that forever....winning is the best recruiter.

In today's college game, you can't win with a staff THIS bad. Last years team and the collection of talent we had is evidence of that. I still have no F'ing clue how Golden FOUND a way to lose 7 games with THAT team and THAT schedule.

This is exactly why every time one of these Don Bailey Jr, *** kissing morons gets on this board and types something stupid like "firing the coach would hurt recruiting" I want to strangle them. It's the epitome of stupidity to EVER want to keep a HORRIBLE coach for the sake of appeasing a kid or group of kids. In the long run it doesn you NO GOOD.

Statistically it's not debatable: James Coley is as poor and most likely worse than Nix.

And his recruiting sucks too; he's here for South Florida, and ever since he came our SoFla recruiting has been ABYSMAL. It shocks me how much love he gets bc of his Cuban roots despite being a horrendous coach and a FREAKING SEMINOLE.

Well if he wasnt here we wouldnt have got chad or yearby, the guy is a great recruiter horrible play caller

That's absolutely as asinine a statement as I've ever read on this board.

We don't know who would be here if he wasn't. The possibility exists that the fictional coach have a better offense. Perhaps he'd make an even better connection with those two players you mentioned. You simply can't say something wouldn't have happened like that when you don't know what might've been.

Well i know they wouldnt have been here if it wasn't for him, coley was close to yearbys family and chad was looking to jump ship to bama and coley called him and convinced him to stay, if coley wasnt here those kids wouldnt be here, ive stated numerous times that you can have a staff full of great recruiters but you arent winning your not getting big name kids thats a fact, so a 6-7 record is going to get you a class we had last year

Again, since you don't know who would be here if he wasn't, how can you claim who we would or wouldn't get?

We had how many stud running backs on board early last year and Coley only secured one. He must've been great friends with Walton's family.

Statistically it's not debatable: James Coley is as poor and most likely worse than Nix.

And his recruiting sucks too; he's here for South Florida, and ever since he came our SoFla recruiting has been ABYSMAL. It shocks me how much love he gets bc of his Cuban roots despite being a horrendous coach and a FREAKING SEMINOLE.

Well if he wasnt here we wouldnt have got chad or yearby, the guy is a great recruiter horrible play caller

We don't know who would be here if he wasn't. The possibility exists that the fictional coach have a better offense. Perhaps he'd make an even better connection with those two players you mentioned. You simply can't say something wouldn't have happened like that when you don't know what might've been.

Well i know they wouldnt have been here if it wasn't for him, coley was close to yearbys family and chad was looking to jump ship to bama and coley called him and convinced him to stay, if coley wasnt here those kids wouldnt be here, ive stated numerous times that you can have a staff full of great recruiters but you arent winning your not getting big name kids thats a fact, so a 6-7 record is going to get you a class we had last year

Again, since you don't know who would be here if he wasn't, how can you claim who we would or wouldn't get?

We had how many stud running backs on board early last year and Coley only secured one. He must've been great friends with Walton's family.

Coley wasnt recruiting all of them, our record lost us those kids and goldens decision to slow play dex and cronkrite, i stated something that has been discussed here about chad and yearby so there are examples of what he has done

Oh and he brought in the best QB prospect we have had in awhile

The guy sucks at playcalling but his recruiting is great but like i said if you aint winning all that recruiting dont mean crap

Advertisement

Coley wasnt recruiting all of them, our record lost us those kids and goldens decision to slow play dex and cronkrite, i stated something that has been discussed here about chad and yearby so there are examples of what he has done

The guy sucks at playcalling but his recruiting is great but like i said if you aint winning all that recruiting dont mean crap

Sorry...it ain't "great". Like everything else in life you have to put it into context. He's in THE most fertile recruiting land in the country...and the bottom line is our rate on wiffing on elite talent hasn't gotten any better during his time here.

For as HORRIBLE as he is as an OC...he needs to be a PHENOMENAL recruiter in order to offset the damage he does on gameday.

He's a big part of the problem and needs to go...along with the fat *** that hired him.

Sorry...it ain't "great". Like everything else in life you have to put it into context. He's in THE most fertile recruiting land in the country...and the bottom line is our rate on wiffing on elite talent hasn't gotten any better during his time here.

For as HORRIBLE as he is as an OC...he needs to be a PHENOMENAL recruiter in order to offset the damage he does on gameday.

He's a big part of the problem and needs to go...along with the fat *** that hired him.

Did you read my post?

Did you read my post?

Did you read your own post?

You said his recruiting was "great"...and sorry but I don't agree with that statement when analyzed in relation to what he has to work with. His gameday coaching sucks and his recruiting is, better stated, "above average". Unfortunately "above average" doesn't compensate for how ****** a coordinator he is.

Did you read my post?

Your post said "his recruiting is great".

Advertisement
I also said you can be a great recuiter but if you aint winning you are not getting jack

And why exactly are they NOT winning? The offense GROSSLY underachieving given the talent they've had coupled with the relatively weak schedule is the ultimate sign of a ****** ***, underqualified coordinator.

Coley is the worst coordinator we've had since Nix...and he rivals him in that regard. Counting the days for these clowns to be gone.

I also said you can be a great recuiter but if you aint winning you are not getting jack

And why exactly are they NOT winning? The offense GROSSLY underachieving given the talent they've had coupled with the relatively weak schedule is the ultimate sign of a ****ty ***, underqualified coordinator.

Coley is the worst coordinator we've had since Nix...and he rivals him in that regard. Counting the days for these clowns to be gone.

Ok......ive been agreeing that hes a crap game calling coordinator, thats what my statement was about hence me asking if you read my post

And why exactly are they NOT winning? The offense GROSSLY underachieving given the talent they've had coupled with the relatively weak schedule is the ultimate sign of a ****ty ***, underqualified coordinator.

Ok......ive been agreeing that hes a crap game calling coordinator, thats what my statement was about hence me asking if you read my post

Dude...are you on drugs? I took exception with you calling Coley A GREAT RECRUITER. He's nowhere near a "GREAT RECRUITER". He's an above average recruiter who happens to be geographically situated in the most fertile recruiting territory in America.

All while being a ****** coordinator

Is that clear enough?

Advertisement
If Dorset is so good why did he struggle so much on special teams ? he runs 4.2 right ? he is not good with the ball in his hands. As for our offense, all a defenses had to do was keep everything in front of you and run zone and our offense struggled. Miami offense is a big play offense so all you have to do is control the big plays and its a wrap.example the FSU game. you guys are blaming coley when it wasn't his fault. When you have a young qb, its hard for him to go to check downs and finding the hole in zone defense...... now coach D thats a different story straight trash.

Because our STs suck, might be the worst of all 3 phases. Golden is the mastermind behind those units.

If Dorset is so good why did he struggle so much on special teams ? he runs 4.2 right ? he is not good with the ball in his hands. As for our offense, all a defenses had to do was keep everything in front of you and run zone and our offense struggled. Miami offense is a big play offense so all you have to do is control the big plays and its a wrap.example the FSU game. you guys are blaming coley when it wasn't his fault. When you have a young qb, its hard for him to go to check downs and finding the hole in zone defense...... now coach D thats a different story straight trash.

Because our STs suck, might be the worst of all 3 phases. Golden is the mastermind behind those units.

I dare someone to argue against that.

Advertisement

I dare someone to argue against that.

Anything Golden touches is garbage, no one is arguing that.

But, IMO, that has nothing to do with PD's lack of ability on ST. He's simply not great with the ball IN HIS HANDS. I have no explanation for it...the dude can run like the wind in a straight line but when he has to change directions and accelerate he just isn't explosive.

He's not great after the catch....and that fact manifests itself on special teams where he can't stop/start well in traffic.

Dorsett spoke out a few times and people didn't listen then. Only now, in the end, do folks truly understand how sorry Miami's coaching staff is. After the first 6 six games in 2011 it was easy to see how bad these guys were.

Then golden goes out and replaces a coordinator with NFL pedigree with a guy who wasn't allowed to call playes for his previous team. Smh.

I
You know who the best recruiter is?

THE SCORE BOARD.

If we had an innovative offense that lined up with 3 to 4 WR's every play and exploited mismatches we'd score a lot of points. The offense would be lighting it up and kids from South Florida would want to play in it.

I've been saying that forever....winning is the best recruiter.

In today's college game, you can't win with a staff THIS bad. Last years team and the collection of talent we had is evidence of that. I still have no F'ing clue how Golden FOUND a way to lose 7 games with THAT team and THAT schedule.

This is exactly why every time one of these Don Bailey Jr, *** kissing morons gets on this board and types something stupid like "firing the coach would hurt recruiting" I want to strangle them. It's the epitome of stupidity to EVER want to keep a HORRIBLE coach for the sake of appeasing a kid or group of kids. In the long run it doesn you NO GOOD.

Winning helps recruiting but having a real coach is the real key. That's why a guy like Butch Davis can go to a losing school like unc and amass superior talent. Same with Carroll at USC. USC sucked before he got there. Same with Snyder at Kansas st.....harbaugh at Stanford etc etc.

Good/ great coaches get good /great players regardless.

Dude...are you on drugs? I took exception with you calling Coley A GREAT RECRUITER. He's nowhere near a "GREAT RECRUITER". He's an above average recruiter who happens to be geographically situated in the most fertile recruiting territory in America.

All while being a ****ty coordinator

Is that clear enough?

Well maybe you should stick to the convo and not go back to the "hes the worst OC since nix" statement, yea i think you might be the one on drugs here, To add he has proved in the past that hes brought in elite prospects, goes back to my comment saying if you aint winning being a good recruiter is out the window, i gave you examples backing that with chad and yearby and what he did at FSU, coach mcdonald is a great recruiter he aint getting jack at cuse except for kids we dont recruit, brewster at FSU who is known to be a very good recruiter wasnt doing jack at his other jobs goes to FSU becomes a top recruiter, that enough explanation for you

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back