Coley

CaneStuck@USF

Junior
Sat next to him on a flight from Atlanta to FLL today. He said he was coming back from a workout with Detroit. I just have to say he was one of the most humble, well spoken kids that Ive ever encountered. He even stuck around and took some pics with me and the fam after we landed. An older lady asked him for an autograph for her grandson and he practically wrote the kid a letter. Just a class act all the way around and I came away very impressed. Great ambassador for this U and I hope he goes on to tear up the NFL.

Sorry for the sideways photo. Phone is acting up tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Advertisement
Great story. I'm a huge fan of his. Love his passion. He's going to do great in the league.

Coley & Elder are going to have long long NFL careers. Will be the last under the radar bargin big canes.

Good to hear. A lot of people (fans) had concerns about his character years ago. (for some reason) I remember arguing with people about it on here. Never heard a bad thing about the kid.

Advertisement
One thing I know Macho is if a kid's a head case a la Hernandez coaches will talk.

Sat next to him on a flight from Atlanta to FLL today. He said he was coming back from a workout with Detroit. I just have to say he was one of the most humble, well spoken kids that Ive ever encountered. He even stuck around and took some pics with me and the fam after we landed. An older lady asked him for an autograph for her grandson and he practically wrote the kid a letter. Just a class act and all the way around and I came away very impressed. Great ambassador for this U and I hope he goes on to tear up the NFL.

Sorry for the sideways photo. Phone is acting up tonight.

Pic needs more hair gel

J/k bro that's awesome. I love everything about Coley.

He takes a ton of hate from certain fans and keeps on pluggin.

Advertisement
[MENTION=2200]CaneStuck@USF[/MENTION], great story, but you're the one that looks like you came from a workout with Detroit!

joking brother... Coley was just misunderstood, he's a good dude and he'll do well as a player and ambassador for The U!

Really rooting for him. He's been one of my favorites for years

Agreed.

Can't wait to start winning big again for Miami guys like him, Duke, Deon, Tracy, etc.. who decided to rep their city versus be a frontrunner somewhere else. Only at Miami can a former player enjoy the team's success just as if he was running through the smoke. []_[] family. It's like no other.

Advertisement
Good to hear. A lot of people (fans) had concerns about his character years ago. (for some reason) I remember arguing with people about it on here. Never heard a bad thing about the kid.

I agree. "Character issues" is one of those things where as soon as someone perceives/mentions it, that **** all of a sudden becomes gospel. Happens a lot especially in recruiting.

Love Coley, wish him nothing but the best on the next level. I wouldn't mind seeing him lacing them up at Lambeau Field on Sunday afternoons. I wish we had him for one more year.

I agree. "Character issues" is one of those things where as soon as someone perceives/mentions it, that **** all of a sudden becomes gospel. Happens a lot especially in recruiting.

F*cked a teacher at NE HS when he was there, she always told me he was smart and a very good kid, but his brother and some in his circle were wild jackasses so he got judged by how those people behaved. Really hope he gets a chance with a decent QB/OC because hes def a player.

Advertisement
If AHurns can have the type of career he is having and get paid 40M...No reason why SColey cant either. Rooting big time for the kid!

I had a very similar experience the day after the RAB. Saw him with his family at the Nike outlet near my hotel. I said his name and he stopped, came over and shook my hand. I told him I watched them last night and they balled out. He and his mother said they appreciated it, I asked for a picture and he said of course. Afterwards, I shook his hand again and wished him good luck and they both thanked me again. Very humble and polite family.

Last edited:
I'll always remember Coley for coming up big time whenever we played FSU.

Advertisement
Back