Coley

Had an amazing game against FSU and I want him to have a great career
- but I am not sure you can find a UM WR in the last 10 years that asked to come off the field as much as this kid
- I am serious - watch the tape - if he got tackled he would ask to come out of the game - almost every game
- This was actually the first year where he would ask to come out and the coaches would tell him to stay out there

I think he falls in the draft - there are a ton of fast guys out there - that stay on the field

Advertisement
Yeah! I was thinking this was going to happen on the reg for the next 3 years.

What is going to happen on me for the next three years? Oh, and by the way, I just go by Reg. "The Reg" sounds more like a dance that the neighborhood drunk made up and he would break it out in the corner of the gym at the local high school basketball games.

I missed your answer last time my friend.

Reg as in Reggie or Reg as in regulator?

No worries. Reg as in Reginald.

Yeah! I was thinking this was going to happen on the reg for the next 3 years.

What is going to happen on me for the next three years? Oh, and by the way, I just go by Reg. "The Reg" sounds more like a dance that the neighborhood drunk made up and he would break it out in the corner of the gym at the local high school basketball games.

I missed your answer last time my friend.

Reg as in Reggie or Reg as in regulator?

No worries. Reg as in Reginald.

Very distinguished my friend.

Advertisement
I haven't even been thinking about him as the draft approaches. That's ridiculous, given his talent level. I can't remember a Cane who had obvious ability slipping under the radar like this.

Late in his freshman season, circa the Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech games, he reminded me of John Stallworth and I thought for sure he'd be gone after three seasons. Is this guy going to ruin my wager all by himself? That's what I was thinking when I had a large wager on Virginia Tech +7.5 at Miami and Coley made that screen look so easy.

His route tree has never been that sophisticated. Maybe that's partially what held him back. We abuse those garbage screens although later it was Njoku's candy. Coley never was forced to learn the gritty routes and the deep sideline flash plays were overdone although they invariably did succeed against Florida State.

Coley is more of a big play guy than Hurns but not nearly as wiry and dependable in traffic. Windows in the NFL are small and short lived. That's his challenge unless he finds the ideal landing spot in a lazy offense with a big play quarterback who can target Coley deep 2-3 times per game as cheap theft.

I hope he gets a number in the 80s. That's a wide receiver number, and looks so awesome on those sleek athletes. I have no idea why they want numbers in the teens, the new pathetic cliche. Single digit is massively more preferable and classy than teens but still woeful compared to 80s. Obviously 47 is bold and clever and wonderfully versatile, adorned by Anderson and Irvin. Coley probably would have avoided that sophomore plunge with 47.

I haven't even been thinking about him as the draft approaches. That's ridiculous, given his talent level. I can't remember a Cane who had obvious ability slipping under the radar like this.

Late in his freshman season, circa the Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech games, he reminded me of John Stallworth and I thought for sure he'd be gone after three seasons. Is this guy going to ruin my wager all by himself? That's what I was thinking when I had a large wager on Virginia Tech +7.5 at Miami and Coley made that screen look so easy.

His route tree has never been that sophisticated. Maybe that's partially what held him back. We abuse those garbage screens although later it was Njoku's candy. Coley never was forced to learn the gritty routes and the deep sideline flash plays were overdone although they invariably did succeed against Florida State.

Coley is more of a big play guy than Hurns but not nearly as wiry and dependable in traffic. Windows in the NFL are small and short lived. That's his challenge unless he finds the ideal landing spot in a lazy offense with a big play quarterback who can target Coley deep 2-3 times per game as cheap theft.

I hope he gets a number in the 80s. That's a wide receiver number, and looks so awesome on those sleek athletes. I have no idea why they want numbers in the teens, the new pathetic cliche. Single digit is massively more preferable and classy than teens but still woeful compared to 80s. Obviously 47 is bold and clever and wonderfully versatile, adorned by Anderson and Irvin. Coley probably would have avoided that sophomore plunge with 47.

And I'm sure you shared that with everyone that was sitting in your section at the last tennis match you attended.

stfu already....you are the literal definition of 'fake news'

I think the NFL guys will see how much he improved with his blocking his Sr year and how he played his best in our biggest games and take him higher than we think. Down field blocking seems to be the skill WR's lack the most entering the league. Stacey's no diva that man blocks his *** off. He was blocking DB's straight out of bounds and almost to the F'ing stadium wall on occasion. That sort of thing catches scouts eyes. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back