Coley to Kentucky?

I said in another thread. Only major staff changes I see are guys who have some options out there and need to get out of this situation.

Advertisement
If true it would be a strong sign Golden is gone. Coley is already being paid 500k and has a franchise QB with plenty of talent to work with for the next 3 seasons in the weak *** ACC.

You don't leave that behind to go to Kentucky for what would be a modest raise at best to work with less talent against tougher comp, unless you know your job is in jeopardy because the current HC won't be here next season.

No comment on truth of the rumor, but assume its true. What OC worth a **** would take a job under dead man walking Al Golden.

2040967_o.gif

Coley is gone.
Golden and D'nofrio are still employees at Miami.
If that doesn't sum up what it's like to be a Cane fan right now....

Advertisement
Dieter Kurtenbach @dkurtenbach
Al Golden is going to have two new coordinators next year. If I'm him, I'm listening more attentively when other schools call.

No idea if this is true but...

This ******* doesn't know ****. He was insulting anyone who said a bad word about Golden a few weeks ago.

Dieter, not the poster

He comes me for saying mls sucks. Dude is an idiot. Lol golden has Zero offers to coach anywhere but clown college.

Coley is gone.
Golden and D'nofrio are still employees at Miami.
If that doesn't sum up what it's like to be a Cane fan right now....

Coley was mediocre as a coordinator here. Not a terrible loss. Need a true x and o guy to be the oc

Reliable source told me yesterday Coley was looking around. The Kentucky rumor is news to me but it makes sense.

Advertisement
I hope it means that Golden is gone immediately, but I wouldn't bank on it.

It is just as likely that Coley knows that the clock is ticking on the Golden era and it will certainly be over by next year (if not sooner). He's just getting out, bc an opportunity is available. Don't blame him at all.

Is Nix still available? He knows the culture of losing and mediocrity that has come to define UM. It would be a seamless transition.

Advertisement
Why would this be news to anyone??

If you're employer just filed for chapter 11 protection, wouldn't you update your LinkedIn profile and reconnect with some old work friends too???

Brown left kentucky for Troy and his contract is 5 years 3.5 million. Thats 750,000 a year so he wasnt making very much at UK to leave for that. For coley to leave he would need a good raise from the 500,000 he makes now and to leave behind Kaaya. Not likely imo

Advertisement
I almost don't need confirmation to believe this. It just makes to much sense with Mark Stoops and Coley's relationship. Shows what a dumpster fire we have that he'd leave his hometown for Kentucky.

Advertisement
Back