Coley to Georgia

Advertisement
You'll see most, if not all, of our last staff taking demotions in their next gigs.

Coley was hired at UGA simply to recruit. He's got zero background as a competent WR coach.

According to Tracy Howard, when the DB's, WR's, and QB's wanted to work on things during weird hours of the day, Coley (and Swasey) was always working with them

You'll see most, if not all, of our last staff taking demotions in their next gigs.

Coley was hired at UGA simply to recruit. He's got zero background as a competent WR coach.

Of course. Prior to Miami, these guys were mid-tier coaches or worse in the MAC, Conference USA, the American Conference or were coaching in ****** high school.

These guys are not good coaches and most do not have a long line of connections in the college coaching world. There aren't many guys that will go to bat for these guys and as a result, they'll be getting some pretty **** job offers that really only offer downward mobility.

With Randy Shannon, at least he was self-aware. The man had almost no coaching connections outside of the Miami tree and was a failed coach (quick way to get yourself into a 5 year exile as an ACC Network broadcaster). He was essentially left in no man's land, and became a vagabond, hat-in-hand coach with a WILL CORCH 4 FEWD sign and has since made some pretty good connections as he works his way back up the coaching ladder.

It is one of the reasons I never really held it against Cristobal for stopping by for breakfast and bouncing to Alabama. Get paid more and work under Nick Saban? Pretty sure anyone in their right mind would take that offer versus working under Al Golden. "Well, geocities has been very loyal to me, gave me my first job, and after I was fired at AskJeeves, they took me back, with a raise. But, Google recently offered me a job, I don't know what to do?"

Advertisement
One thing I'm certain of... Miami's coaching staff got significantly better and Georgia went backwards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
how embarrassing. The clown we've had calling plays for us is only good enough to nab a WR coach position for recruiting purposes

I think our coaches knew more about flying drones around greentree. Glad to see that we're trimming the fat and adding fresh talent. Good luck to Coley, though.

Advertisement
James coley has become Kirby Smart's Mario Cristobal. Smart wanted a south florida bag man to recruit receivers just like Cristobal did for Saban.

So much for him not taking a lesser role with richt.

Was he even offered? Supposedly the family wanted to stay in Miami, so I'd be surprised if jumped to Georgia with a standing offer at Miami, even in a lesser role.

Advertisement
Back