Coley to Georgia

Idk how i feel about coley. Meet him a few times. Very ****y and arrogant but that sort of comes with the territory. As a recruiter i feel hes a little overrated. He was able to sway yearby from fsu and dug out kaaya, but really who else? I think jack was all about the U no matter who was recruiting him. He does have a legit eye for qb talent (sherrifs is a great example) but that qualifies him better as a talent scout at that position then a recruiter in my opinion.

As far as play calling... he never had an identity. Seems like he was all about taking what the defense gave him but if you cant run the ball, defenses will gladly give you that and you're screwed. I do find it comical at how he gets bashed on this board for throwing wide receiver screens, when in all honesty this day and age EVERYBODY throws about 5-6 of those per game just to quickly get the ball into their athletes hands in space. But all in all I am just not that big of a fan.

Good luck to him

Advertisement
Good riddance to the idiot who called a RB throw in a ****in' blizzard.

Yessir. Even if we have money to burn I couldn't remotely continue to try to justify keeping him even in role only designed at recruiting QB's after that disgrace. Dude should have been fired on the spot and possibly sued for professional malfeasance.

I know he's touted as a great recruiter but I didn't see it. Maybe that's more to do with how bad we were

This! I think his time at FSU is over stated...Jimbo and a winning program was the key. The guy was a corch and decent recruiter at best. His talent evaluation was sub par. Yes he hit on Kaaya, and I'll give him credit for that, but looking at him in that recruiting room shows he's minimum in talent evaluation. He's not a loss at all. Smart wants to use him, and that's fine, but being that he has no history of coaching WRs, I can see this being a failed experiment. I look for UGA to take a step back on the other side of the ball and take a step fwd on the defensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Good point! Last time I remember any asst coach from Miami getting a promotion was Fisch. Or maybe Stoutland. That was a lateral move come to think of it!

Good point! Last time I remember any asst coach from Miami getting a promotion was Fisch. Or maybe Stoutland. That was a lateral move come to think of it!

George McDonals went from WR coach at Miami to OC at Syracuse. He was demoted back to WR coach shortly though after he ran a subpar offense.

Would be interesting to see the list of past 3 regimes and the former assts on a "This is your life"! Coker (3-9 at UT San Antonio), Shannon(LBs), Folden(Environmentalist cleaning up toxic waste back in Jersey), Dorito(Did he get that Delaware State gig?). DSU better make sure that visitor scoreboard is in proper working condition!

Kirby Smart is one of the wiliest bagman in the SEC.He leaves no traces .He now has Coley to do his transactions in south Florida.

Advertisement
Never again....

[video=youtube;OUNDZkWYqjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUNDZkWYqjA[/video]

George McDonals went from WR coach at Miami to OC at Syracuse. He was demoted back to WR coach shortly though after he ran a subpar offense.

Coach McDonald is/was a piece a sh&$. End of story.

Advertisement
Thought he was good at identifying quarterbacks, but besides yearby I never really saw the "monster recruiter" he was made out to be during his time at FSU...but now that he's in the dirty SEC, who knows

Advertisement
That video ****es me off every damned time. Hurlie was the only dude in the room worth a ****. Makes me want to keep him just out of spite.

Good riddance to the idiot who called a RB throw in a ****in' blizzard.

Yessir. Even if we have money to burn I couldn't remotely continue to try to justify keeping him even in role only designed at recruiting QB's after that disgrace. Dude should have been fired on the spot and possibly sued for professional malfeasance.

What boggles my mind is if Coley is a football fan, especially of our country's most storied annual rivalry, he should have KNOWN the chances of success were low:

[video=youtube;RFPu6p4dSfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPu6p4dSfA[/video]

@ 2:27:30 comes a play which sealed Army's fate in a late drive to win the game...Sound similar? Yes, the WR not the RB, but they took the ball out of their most dynamic players hands...Coley did the same thing weeks later with the same results.

Maybe some of his hair gel will get on his UGA money bag and he will lose it on a flight out of Atlanta.

Advertisement
Back