Coley to Georgia

Advertisement
So much for him not taking a lesser role with richt.

Was he even offered? Supposedly the family wanted to stay in Miami, so I'd be surprised if jumped to Georgia with a standing offer at Miami, even in a lesser role.

Richt wanted him while he was in Georgia so I would also be surprised if richt didn't offer him a lesser role.

I saw Smart and Coley were together at LSU in 2004. There is some past connection.

Everyone says he is a "good recruiter." I think his ability to recruit will take a hit as kids probably won't look at him the same way. Dude just got demoted. And isn't even the QB coach even though he's "got a great eye for QBs." His ability to sell is much more in question.

Uga fans are calling this a slam dunk hire. As for coley, I know he was known as a recruiter but besides yearby, Kayaa and Allison, who were some of his other notable recruit finds?

Advertisement

Was he even offered? Supposedly the family wanted to stay in Miami, so I'd be surprised if jumped to Georgia with a standing offer at Miami, even in a lesser role.

Richt wanted him while he was in Georgia so I would also be surprised if richt didn't offer him a lesser role.

I tried to Google that. I could not find that rumor. Coley was associated with Kentucky briefly and was shot down. He did tell the Herald he would "love" to work for Richt even in a lesser role not that long ago. I think he would have stayed if offered a role.

Uga fans are calling this a slam dunk hire. As for coley, I know he was known as a recruiter but besides yearby, Kayaa and Allison, who were some of his other notable recruit finds?

I thought he got Gus Edwards to flip from FSU, iirc.

You'll see most, if not all, of our last staff taking demotions in their next gigs.

Coley was hired at UGA simply to recruit. He's got zero background as a competent WR coach.

According to Tracy Howard, when the DB's, WR's, and QB's wanted to work on things during weird hours of the day, Coley (and Swasey) was always working with them

That's his job, no?

He would have stayed here if Richt told him "get your shine box. You're the new shoe shine coach." This move to UGA absolutely proves what some us suspected--Coley would have taken any job to stay here, but he wasn't offered one.

Advertisement
Had the brown shoe polish ready. Richt wore his black shoes. Couldn't make the adjustment.

Had the brown shoe polish ready. Richt wore his black shoes. Couldn't make the adjustment.
Did he ask Yearby to jump off the toilet mid **** to throw him the black polish when Kaaya was standing right next to it?

Misses would be a longer list. Look at FSU current roster

Advertisement
Did he ask Yearby to jump off the toilet mid **** to throw him the black polish when Kaaya was standing right next to it?

unfortunately, yes. Of course, Yearby's hands were wet from a prior wipe attempt gone too far south.

Back to what he does best.....carry booster money to a kid in Florida....I mean thats what this dude did at FSU.

We also didn't really do much at all in South Florida with him on board either. One of the worst OC hires ever. Incredible how we had him and Don'tKnoFrio at the same time.

He also did it for LSU. How do you think they got Dwayne Bowe back in the day?

Advertisement
He's going to have major issues there. People are gonna get real ****ed with him screaming "Dale!" all the time and it not having any NASCAR connotation.

Back to what he does best.....carry booster money to a kid in Florida....I mean thats what this dude did at FSU.

We also didn't really do much at all in South Florida with him on board either. One of the worst OC hires ever. Incredible how we had him and Don'tKnoFrio at the same time.

He also did it for LSU. How do you think they got Dwayne Bowe back in the day?

Didn't he also coach bowe in HS?

Advertisement
Back