Coley has 6 reception for 32 yards this year

Why do they keep running that ******* bubble screen like he is Demaryius Thomas or some ****. The dude weighs like 12 pounds. He is not breaking those tackles. Gross misuse thus far IMO.

Advertisement
He can excel at wideout but running routes and consistently getting separation was areas he needed to work on... He got by last year on athleticism... Teams are laying attention to him and those bubble screens aren't working as often as they did last year... To be honest we're not going as deep as often compared to last year... However, we don't need 60 yard bombs... He can do damage running routes that's 15-20 yards from the line of scrimmage...

Smh his route running and getting separation are his best features. There is a reason he was always open on his down field routes even the ones he drop. Go look at his plays from last season and you'll be hard pressed to find more than a couple down field routes where the defender is within two steps of him. I swear this board sometimes.

Please you don't know what you're talking about... I wish you would go look at games from last year because you're mistaken... Dude was able to get consistently open against inferior comp but against a competitive defense he struggles... Haha you some him wide open against SSU, FAU and USF then concluded those are his best features... No it's not he needs to work on it... Most of his big plays came on returns, reverses and screen passes because he was a phenomenal athlete... Where was he against the better defenses? All his big plays came off screens in 2013 except for against GT where he didn't get separation he fell and the ball was tipped in his hands while he was on the ground...

There's a reason why Coley calls a ridiculous amount of screens for Stacy... That's his bread and butter but he much improve on the nuisances of being a wideout...

So let me get this straight; Coley is healthy enough to run bubble screens and return kickoffs but he's not fit to be running routes as a WR?

Got it.

exactly. And wasnt is shoulder injury. it seems like we would be doing the opposite of what we should be doing instead of giving him the ball in traffic and forcing him to break tackle from linebackers, we should let him get down field and take advantage of his speed. but that's about par for the course from this staff.

I'm not ready to indict the player just yet. The staff isn't exactly known for putting guys in the right positionto succeed

This bubble screen probably worked like a champ all summer and spring. But its a little different when you play against defenses that actually make adjustments.

Chalk another one up to this staff. This offense has no direction whatsoever, it doesn't really shock me that we can't come up with better ways to get our playmakers the ball

Advertisement
He can excel at wideout but running routes and consistently getting separation was areas he needed to work on... He got by last year on athleticism... Teams are laying attention to him and those bubble screens aren't working as often as they did last year... To be honest we're not going as deep as often compared to last year... However, we don't need 60 yard bombs... He can do damage running routes that's 15-20 yards from the line of scrimmage...

Smh his route running and getting separation are his best features. There is a reason he was always open on his down field routes even the ones he drop. Go look at his plays from last season and you'll be hard pressed to find more than a couple down field routes where the defender is within two steps of him. I swear this board sometimes.

Please you don't know what you're talking about... I wish you would go look at games from last year because you're mistaken... Dude was able to get consistently open against inferior comp but against a competitive defense he struggles... Haha you some him wide open against SSU, FAU and USF then concluded those are his best features... No it's not he needs to work on it... Most of his big plays came on returns, reverses and screen passes because he was a phenomenal athlete... Where was he against the better defenses? All his big plays came off screens in 2013 except for against GT where he didn't get separation he fell and the ball was tipped in his hands while he was on the ground...

There's a reason why Coley calls a ridiculous amount of screens for Stacy... That's his bread and butter but he much improve on the nuisances of being a wideout...

I need to go look at the games, but you can't even get your **** info right. He didn't fall on the ground and catch a pass against GT it was ***ing WF and he was actually behind the DB and Morris under threw him and he had to come back or the ball. The fact you think he didn't get separation on that play shows how **** clueless you are. What good defense didn't he get open against, because he was open several times against FSU and his qb under threw him twice and the other time he dropped what would have been a walk in TD? Duke game he only played one offensive series because he took a punt to the house on what would have been Miami's second offensive series and was hurt on the KOR on Miami's 3rd series. Vt game he was open in that game also but our Qb couldn't put a single drive together. UF our HC put the offense in the fettle position after the second TD. The bowl game who on offense (or defense for that matter) looked good that game.

Even his coaches say that his route running and ability to create separation are his best assets. Things he has to work on are blocking, fighting for the balls in the air (that's why Al made such a big deal about the WF catch because he actually came back to make a play on the ball) and looking the ball all the way in at all times. But hey James only calls bubble screen so that's because he can't run routes, even though James has proven much like this entire staff to **** the bed at taking advantage of all their players talents. If you want to criticize his game at least do it right, because his game isn't perfect right now but it's not because of what you're talking about.

Okay buddy you're too emotional... If he was open as often as you claim he wouldn't have been limited to what 35 catches? Wow I mistaked a game and you got into your feelings.. He wasn't open as often as you claimed he was against FSU.., not saying that Morris was perfect but you're exaggerating Coley's abilities... I mean just your comments alone regarding the UF... We'll see I have yet to see him get consistently open and run good enough routes to create separation... He played UL twice and he looked pedestrian both occasions... He played UF(didnt plsy much that game) and FSU but had limited production... The kid is a phenomenal athlete but he needs to work on the nuisances of the games... We used his athleticism last year but that's not good enough this year... And please re watch those games... He wasn't as open as you make it seem... All of his big plays came from screens or returns...

Kaaya is number one in the ACC in passing yards, so somebody is getting the ball.

Stacey will be fine. He's the least of my concerns right now.

Advertisement
People talking about Coley like he a scrub or something .. can't run routes or separate? Crazy talk..

We just not running anything for him past line of scrimmage .. season is young and young qb is growing by the game, he will step up if given opportunity

He's not a WR.

What is he then?

A member of the team. I've seen little evidence that he can excel at the WR position.

Just not true, the kid is injured. Please go back to the Pitt game of last year and that should be enough evidence, there are other indications of his play that indicates he can excel.

The Pitt game? Really? He took an end around and a screen to the house. Caught a wide open TD pass. He's not a WR.

I think coley's targets might be limited by his having missed a game and the somewhat limited playbook. each week they give kaaya more but I doubt the first few games he has been using the whole playbook.

Advertisement
1. He's a bit banged up still and was banged up for our 2 cupcake games, this means you cannot have him out there for as many plays, so you pick which ones he is out there for. The coaches felt they needed him more for KR/PR duties.
2. He is a bit raw as a wr.
3. Dorsett is just as fast and more polished -ie- better blocker, better hands, better route runner at this moment
4. Our OC/QB like to distribute the ball so RB's and TE's will get some burn catching unlike last year with Morris
5. Our QB feels very comfortable with his freshman buddy Berrios, who looks like a better route runner at this moment.
6. Our freshman QB is not the best deep ball thrower, so Coley using his speed to get open deep is not gonna be as targeted.

Okay buddy you're too emotional... If he was open as often as you claim he wouldn't have been limited to what 35 catches? Wow I mistaked a game and you got into your feelings.. He wasn't open as often as you claimed he was against FSU.., not saying that Morris was perfect but you're exaggerating Coley's abilities... I mean just your comments alone regarding the UF... We'll see I have yet to see him get consistently open and run good enough routes to create separation... He played UL twice and he looked pedestrian both occasions... He played UF(didnt plsy much that game) and FSU but had limited production... The kid is a phenomenal athlete but he needs to work on the nuisances of the games... We used his athleticism last year but that's not good enough this year... And please re watch those games... He wasn't as open as you make it seem... All of his big plays came from screens or returns...

man you ain't nobody worth getting in my feelings about trust that. You're wrong plain and simple. You didn't just get the Wf game wrong you got the entire sequence of events wrong which proved you don't know what you're talking about. Saying kid wasn't open and just fell into a catch bec the Db tipped the ball to him on the ground lmao. the DB was running like **** to catch up to him and didn't even yurn around or touch the ball. If Stacy didn't come back and go up for it, it would have bounced right off the back of the WF DB's helmet. Now he wasn't open against FSU gtfooh, even FSU fans will tell you kid got behind there defense multiple times. I don't have to make **** up it's on the tape he was open multiple times and Morris either failed to get the ball to him or Stacy dropped it. You were/are wrong and you obviously aren't watching the kid but just looking at production or lack of production and assuming it's because he's not doing something right. Just because James Coley fails to utilize his players talents doesn't mean they can't do something. Duke is an excellent pass catching RB yet it took until the Neb game to finally start throwing him the ball and in true Coley fashion we probably won't see Duke targeted for a pass next game. I bet if he would have gone to state people wouldn't be asking whats wrong with him, which is a common theme for sfl players that chose Miami and those that don't. At some point it's not the players needing to get better anymore.

You say I'm not worth it but you continue to harp on a mistake that I admitted while conveying your message in an immature way... You still only bring up 2 games where you are exaggerating... I'm from the same area he's from so I definitely pay attention to the kid... Kid doesn't run sophisticated routes at the moment and his success last year was due to his raw talents... He has potential to be great but he isn't there yet...

You say I look at production or lack there of to come to my conclusion... Haha what else can I use? Maybe I'm not as emotional as you but until I see him get consistent separation through his route running I don't agree with you... I'm not going to blame 2 qbs and an oc for what he hadn't done... I'm not that big on the staff but some things aren't their fault... The only consistent production came from returns, reverses and screens... Through the first few games that hasn't been available to him... But I also haven't seen him consistently get separation through his route running... When has he done that this year?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny Navarro @Manny_Navarro · 1h
James Coley said WR Stacy Coley "has to get back to getting uncovered in his routes." Said Kaaya's reads took him away from Coley #UM

Stacy aint running hard enough. i suppose.

James Coley said WR Stacy Coley "has to get back to getting uncovered in his routes." Said Kaaya's reads took him away from Coley #UM

and we continue to throw them players under the bus from all angles.

I guess this quote is for AM1640 since the coaches has touted his route running as his best ability... Like I said he hasn't consistently done that... I never said he can't run routes, I just stated he isn't consistent in doing so... He can excel but until he becomes more consistent, he'll be just a phenomenal athlete...

But I also haven't seen him consistently get separation through his route running... When has he done that this year?

When has he been on the field for a passing play that was more than 5 yards down field this year. Kind of hard to do something when you aren't being given a chance to do it. I gave you examples of him doing it last season but you decided to act like they didn't happen. Men lie, women lie, but the tape don't lie. James is talking out his *** just like the rest of the coaches a few months ago all he talked about was his ability to get separation now he doesn't get open. I guess he must be getting shutdown in practice because he's not on the field in games on down field passing plays to not get open.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back