Coley has 6 reception for 32 yards this year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone posted that he was only on the field for 4 plays against neb. Unless we're throwing him the bubble screen, he's not on the field. I'm gonna chalk this up to his injury at this point. He clearly got dinged against Louisville and that has to be what's going on.

I haven't really paid attention to his routes. Is he only running screens? I understand the screen almost guarantees the ball in his hands but I'd hope he's downfield more if he's healthy enough to play. If he ran a few 9's I'd think that'll open up the screen game more.

This is perhaps the most annoying of the litany of annoying things going on with this team right now. And also completely predictable.

We NEVER actually take one of our stud younguns and let them just play. We **** with them, we play mind games with them, we make them do stupid **** they aren't meant to do, and we REFUSE to just let them play football. We prioritize our bull****, rigid system above all else and then we wonder why these kids have no emotion on Saturdays.

So let me get this straight; Coley is healthy enough to run bubble screens and return kickoffs but he's not fit to be running routes as a WR?

Got it.

Advertisement
Rok those were my thoughts too. If he is healthy enough for kickoffs, surely he can run routes.

He can excel at wideout but running routes and consistently getting separation was areas he needed to work on... He got by last year on athleticism... Teams are laying attention to him and those bubble screens aren't working as often as they did last year... To be honest we're not going as deep as often compared to last year... However, we don't need 60 yard bombs... He can do damage running routes that's 15-20 yards from the line of scrimmage...

Advertisement
th.jpg

And Duke doesn't have a 100-yard rushing game after four games (without coming out b/c of injury), including two against cupcakes.

He can excel at wideout but running routes and consistently getting separation was areas he needed to work on... He got by last year on athleticism... Teams are laying attention to him and those bubble screens aren't working as often as they did last year... To be honest we're not going as deep as often compared to last year... However, we don't need 60 yard bombs... He can do damage running routes that's 15-20 yards from the line of scrimmage...

Smh his route running and getting separation are his best features. There is a reason he was always open on his down field routes even the ones he drop. Go look at his plays from last season and you'll be hard pressed to find more than a couple down field routes where the defender is within two steps of him. I swear this board sometimes.

Advertisement
Back