Colbie Young Portal

Advertisement
He got faster?
early on in the 2022 season he looked very slow (@DMoney even at one point referenced that he may be a better fit at tight end), and seemed to get faster throughout the year. not sure there was a huge jump from second half of 2022 to 2023 in term of speed.

Advertisement
Young seemed to be frustrated all season with TVD lasering in on X the entire season. I wonder if some of the routes and the effort was due to that.
Don't blame him. It was driving me crazy watching it and I'm just a dumb fan. I can't imagine the other receivers having to put up with that. I wouldn't even want to run my routes. I be that's honestly why people were saying Miami's WR don't run good route4s. Well why even run a route when you know he's locking on to x every time even if he's open.

Uga gets the non suck tax exempt because in most cases they are not paying what others pay. Hopefully we can get there in a few. But knowing Sfla that may never happen.

Advertisement
Horton is a lazy route runner and easily gives up on his route. He doesn't go get the ball and act like its his, Colbie does.

I've been saying this all along. In particular how how he runs a slant, it's goawd aweful. That's all just mental as if you choose to give it your all, you can do good things. Perhaps he was frustrated and in that case, he made the right decision for both parties. It shouldn't be hard to get more out of him if he gets on the same page mentally.

I've been saying this all along. In particular how how he runs a slant, it's goawd aweful. That's all just mental as if you choose to give it your all, you can do good things. Perhaps he was frustrated and in that case, he made the right decision for both parties. It shouldn't be hard to get more out of him if he gets on the same page mentally.
I focused on him several times when at games and couldn't understand how he could be on the field with that poor of an effort. One TD vs A&M gets you excited, but I can't **** with low effort guys. Give me the try hard dude like Colbie all day

I focused on him several times when at games and couldn't understand how he could be on the field with that poor of an effort. One TD vs A&M gets you excited, but I can't **** with low effort guys. Give me the try hard dude like Colbie all day

I'm with you on that.

I do truly feel like he was frustrated. ****, we all were. So with that said, you go out and run them or block like the play depends on it. Even if you aren't getting the targets, the NFL will find you. They see a guy selling his route, blocking his *** off, see rhe frame, you test well, and they'll come calling. Every play is an audition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sure the same was said about Cager and young played better then he did at miami.
i think our top 3 would start there...their wrs are NEVER nothing to write home about.

Its the reason Cager walked right into a starting spot their. Their wrs may be rated high because of getting the uga offer nut they are very lack luster when watching i think they had 2 transfers start this year as well.

i think our top 3 would start there...their wrs are NEVER nothing to write home about.

Its the reason Cager walked right into a starting spot their. Their wrs may be rated high because of getting the uga offer nut they are very lack luster when watching i think they had 2 transfers start this year as well.
Very Streaky with WR.... Like Pickens was a dude for them, Burton isnt quite on that level but he is good and transferred to Bama. TE is usually their money position and Bowers was their leading catcher.

Otherwise you have Domic Lovett, Marcus Rosemy, McConkey as the top 3. You are right in that Colbie Young is likely an upgrade over Rosemy, George over Lovett and X over McConkey. I dont think they have any drop off if you swap those 3. Whatever happened to Tyler Williams kid out of Lakeland a year or two back? His HS tape looked good.

Very Streaky with WR.... Like Pickens was a dude for them, Burton isnt quite on that level but he is good and transferred to Bama. TE is usually their money position and Bowers was their leading catcher.

Otherwise you have Domic Lovett, Marcus Rosemy, McConkey as the top 3. You are right in that Colbie Young is likely an upgrade over Rosemy, George over Lovett and X over McConkey. I dont think they have any drop off if you swap those 3. Whatever happened to Tyler Williams kid out of Lakeland a year or two back? His HS tape looked good.
he wasa freshman this year i wanted him as a recruit becuaseh had freakish feet at his size...

IMm in agreement with all on your post. They paid a hefty bag for Pickens

Advertisement
Back