Colbie Young Portal

Advertisement
I don’t see nfl in his future. You actually have to run clean routes in the nfl or have blazing speed. He has neither. Solid college WR but those are a dime a dozen. Happy to see him maybe get paid and play for a contender if he actually lands at Georgia .
Maybe. He still needs some work being only two seasons above JUCO. Someone will take a chance based on size. Maybe I’m a homer but I think another year under Beard would have made him more money long term than the bag UGA gave him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
he made some catches no one we have ever had has made
I get your point . But cmon bruh... Cut that out. Personally I feel like Colbie leaving is a loss. But I see people's points as well. Clearly his effort level fluctuated from one game to another and his performance fluctuated with his effort. Whether or not that would've been the case if we would've featured him more or not I honestly can't say. All we can look at is exactly what happened. I wish him nothing but the best elsewhere but in reality we have plenty of weapons at reciever now and we need to make space for them as well. So to be held up over an nil value we don't agree with just makes no sense.

One of the reasons he left was TVD. Will do well at GA and have a nice NFL career.
If tvd is one of the reasons u want out..Wouldn’t u want to stay if he leaves? I don’t think this one has anything to do with tvd, he just tryna get a bag and im all for that he deserves it if somebody willing to give him one

If tvd is one of the reasons u want out..Wouldn’t u want to stay if he leaves? I don’t think this one has anything to do with tvd, he just tryna get a bag and im all for that he deserves it if somebody willing to give him one
Everything I've heard regarding the situation is that he wanted an NIL deal that was more than Miami though he was worth. Not going to hate the guy for trying to get what he thinks he's worth. I hope he gets some good cash.

Advertisement
Colbie has a legitimate grip about how he was utilized this season. However, goin to UGA while Bobo is there seems weird but whatever. Colbie can def see the type of increase that Cager saw when he went to UGA.
Cager wasn't even WR1 at Georgia. Yes, he caught a whopping 12 additional balls. His per catch dropped 3 yards and he caught 2 less touchdowns. Young caught 47 balls and would have been more with better quarterback play. I doubt he catches more at place like Georgia.

Advertisement
Rather see him at Penn State than UGA. Looks like PSU also will land another Pennsylvania native OSU transfer Julian Fleming.

I think Colbie winds up at Penn State. But imo neither OFF will feature him - especially not UGA, which is predicated on RBs and TEs.

I’m wondering if he ultimately decides he would like to pull his name from the portal - wonder how Mario would manage that situation - imo I’m not sure if I like the message that sends to the rest of the team.

I get your point . But cmon bruh... Cut that out. Personally I feel like Colbie leaving is a loss. But I see people's points as well. Clearly his effort level fluctuated from one game to another and his performance fluctuated with his effort. Whether or not that would've been the case if we would've featured him more or not I honestly can't say. All we can look at is exactly what happened. I wish him nothing but the best elsewhere but in reality we have plenty of weapons at reciever now and we need to make space for them as well. So to be held up over an nil value we don't agree with just makes no sense.
Well, let’s see.. he **** near broke his leg one game, he’s lucky he wasn’t out for the season. He looked a little slow for a few games after that. People are saying that he left because of money, but usage rate has probably more to do with it. Put yourself in this kids shoes. You are a 6’5” WR with good speed getting two targets per game (& they are on screens FFS). You are running open for easy touchdowns and the QB is facing away from you every single down. And most of the game you are putting your body on the line blocking. At some point you would say **** this **** I’m out.
Your career is on the line, your future is on the line. You have to do what’s best for you.
It ain’t my place to say but this is a ban worthy statement lol

Brotha do u know what school u are a fan of? Do u know the receivers that have came thru here? I wish colbie stayed but bruh he not even a top 50 wr in our history man lol
lol none of them were making crazy catches bro, stop. The game was not the same back then. They weren’t throwing the ball into spots they do now. You’re talking stats and I’m talking catch radius and catch difficulty. Lol @ ban worthy. Our all time leading receiver ain’t even make an nfl roster, it’s a different era bro

Last edited:
Well, let’s see.. he **** near broke his leg one game, he’s lucky he wasn’t out for the season. He looked a little slow for a few games after that. People are saying that he left because of money, but usage rate has probably more to do with it. Put yourself in this kids shoes. You are getting two targets per game. You are running open

lol none of them were making crazy catches bro, stop. The game was not the same back then. They weren’t throwing the ball into spots they do now. You’re talking stats and I’m talking catch radius and catch difficulty. Lol @ ban worthy. Our all time leading receiver ain’t even make an nfl roster, it’s a different era bro
Yea this is colbie or his family, or a god**** child lol talking bout colbie young like he megatron or something man foh😂😂

Yea this is colbie or his family, or a god**** child lol talking bout colbie young like he megatron or something man foh😂😂
I ain’t saying he’s megatron. But he’s the closest thing we have had here. Name me one guy who was making those type of catches here, other than Dre.

Advertisement
Back