Cody Brown in the Transfer Portal

Can anyone give an update on where we are with scholarships, counters, etc? Without the fighting over definitions if possible - if not, at least make it entertaining. TIA
Brother...the University of Miami no longer employs a bozo as our head football coach.

Allow this season to be one where you just sit back and enjoy and not worry about whether or not we've got counters or where we are at with all that.

It'll take care of itself.

Advertisement
Brother...the University of Miami no longer employs a bozo as our head football coach.

Allow this season to be one where you just sit back and enjoy and not worry about whether or not we've got counters or where we are at with all that.

It'll take care of itself.
Just interested to know where that stands. I’m not well versed in how it works and I like to learn 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think Brown is the best "judge" of what we have here. Obviously he would know way better than you or us what his current status is at Miami and in the running back room. And according to him, he'd rather transfer than stay here. Should tell you what you need to know about our RB depth.

He will do whatever he feel the best move is for him, Still that doesn't change the fact that our running back stable is maybe deep but still not elite or Miami quality. Really believe that it will be committee.

They just picked up Camar Wheaton yesterday, they’re set at RB.
**** - Wheaton was my favorite RB in last year's class.

SMU seems like a strange destination. I'd like to think he'd put up huge numbers there, but seems like there's been a lot of weird things around him going back to his recruitment that makes me think he might not put it all together.

I wish Brown the best - but his transfer makes sense. There wasn't really a path to him seeing the field here.

Advertisement
**** - Wheaton was my favorite RB in last year's class.

SMU seems like a strange destination. I'd like to think he'd put up huge numbers there, but seems like there's been a lot of weird things around him going back to his recruitment that makes me think he might not put it all together.

I wish Brown the best - but his transfer makes sense. There wasn't really a path to him seeing the field here.
He’s a kid from the Dallas area in Garland which is just a few minutes East.

He was injured his Freshman season with a meniscus tear & then redshirted, that’s really the only reason he didn’t play, Saban actually said they had planned on him playing quite a bit before he got injured. But he hit the Portal because he wanted to go back home.

He’ll do very well at SMU, they’ve upgraded their WR corps & OL this offseason & in that fast uptempo offense he’ll eat.

Advertisement
Feel bad for the kid.... Commits to TN, ready to go, TN has their issues and he last minute gets out of his LOI, comes to Miami, by all accounts did everything right. Coaches, teammates etc. were raving his work ethic, never caused any issues, got some burn but was largely unproductive and appears to be sitting behind Don, Rooster, Thad, Parrish for 5th on the roster with Citizen coming now needs to find a new home.
agreed, this is why the portal is a great idea.Brown is #5 RB hopefully he goes somewhere and balls out.

Advertisement
He had a solid spring , he could get some snaps. There’s a significant drop from the top three. Brinson returning will be big. Before a transfer I’d say worsham is in the top 6.
Redding hurt or he get passed up?

Advertisement
He’s a kid from the Dallas area in Garland which is just a few minutes East.

He was injured his Freshman season with a meniscus tear & then redshirted, that’s really the only reason he didn’t play, Saban actually said they had planned on him playing quite a bit before he got injured. But he hit the Portal because he wanted to go back home.

He’ll do very well at SMU, they’ve upgraded their WR corps & OL this offseason & in that fast uptempo offense he’ll eat.
Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge of Wheaton's talent and thought he was going to be the best RB on Alabama last year before he got injured.

I say there's weird things around him because for instance - if he knew he wanted to go home, why was in the portal for over 2 months? I'm probably looking into things too much.

I hope he blows up at SMU - he's fun to watch.

Between Rooster, Don, Parish, Citizen … and if Baxter comes .. is Thad next?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Loaded backfield, so this makes sense. He'll do well if he finds a power game somewhere. Good luck to him.

Advertisement
Back