Coburn???

Small note on the Coburn's recruitment that I learned yesterday.

Even though Kool is his position coach and has built a relationship with him, Patke has done most of the work and can almost be considered his primary recruiter.

Patke's from Texas and played linebacker for some school in texas (can't remember the name but it wasn't one of the power houses). The two have really clicked.

Patke deserves a lot of the credit if we somehow land him.

And I fully expect Patke to be announced as coach #10 after NSD

Gotta still call him "Coach 10" for good luck. It seems to be working right now, keep it goin. Great job by Coach 10.

Advertisement
I knew there was a reason Richt would trust Patke to go by himself to visit these top targets the last month

Trust the Pastor

Even though Kool is his position coach and has built a relationship with him, Patke has done most of the work and can almost be considered his primary recruiter.

Patke's from Texas and played linebacker for some school in texas (can't remember the name but it wasn't one of the power houses). The two have really clicked.

Patke went to Cypress Creek, in the NW Houston area. Not terribly far from where Coburn went to HS (Spring Westfield is a bit further east of Cypress but still pretty far from Houston proper). So I could see them drumming up a Houston/Texas connection.

Good catch, didn't even know that. Texas forever, right? whatever gets him to coral gables..

The power of BUNGA to a testosterone loaded DT is so overwhelming and will make him change to any school even to sell Avon as long as he gets his fill or fill .

I just talking to a friend who’s nephew signed with UCF and is getting BUNGA pressure from multiple girls looking for his MILK in case the league is in play in couple years.

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE BUNGA POWER , A THOUSAND SHIPS WERE LAUNCHED FOR IT .
GOCANES

Patke is the obvious help that Kul nedded with recruiting. This could be a good team.

Advertisement
Patke-cake
Patke-cake
D’s hitman
Pull me a croot
As fast as you can
Tweet it, and text it
And mark it with a U
Put it on the rooster for
Diaz and Kul

Advertisement

Patke is the obvious help that Kul nedded with recruiting. This could be a good team.

Could be an elite team

Patke also coached at incarnate ward which is located in San Antonio. Coached alongside coach banda, they’ve travelled almost everywhere together.

Patke went to Cypress Creek, in the NW Houston area. Not terribly far from where Coburn went to HS (Spring Westfield is a bit further east of Cypress but still pretty far from Houston proper). So I could see them drumming up a Houston/Texas connection.

Good catch, didn't even know that. Texas forever, right? whatever gets him to coral gables..

The Houston area used to be, and probably still is, one of the leading hotbeds of high school talent in the country. Others have been Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans and Louisiana, Los Angeles and southern California, and of course, south Florida. We never really tapped L.A. to a great degree (too far), Atlanta (until now) and we used to recruit Chicago (Hubbard Alexander was our guy). Our Houston area recruiting took off under JJ and Butch, but then dropped off. Love to see it take back off. During Jimmy's era, the coaches really liked Texas kids, said they came in well-schooled. Always wanted to get a few per year. I guess Texas schools paid HS coaches relatively well and maybe they got into the camp scene early, I don't know.

We've had a good number of Texas kids starting in the mid-80's and it slowed down after Butch and LC. I guess we no longer had coaches familiar with the area.

One year we got arguably the best DT in Texas: Damione Lewis. We've had starters at just about every position (if you count Kirbys one start, I think).

I'd really like to see us exploit the the talent in Texas and maybe Louisiana. We haven't been able to do much in Louisiana since Curtis Johnson left the staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back