Coaching Staff 12/27 PM Update: Rumph, others

Advertisement
We have enough talent to win the Coastal....and yet we don't!
But so what? Why does that need to be said? What’s the point? Everyone knows it. What does that hafe to do with claiming our talent is good? It’s been in decline For ages. Some of you folk are lime a g]frog in a pot of boiling water at this point.

Advertisement
I've always liked this explanation of Diaz's defense from last year on r/cfb:

Good teams know they just need to trick the backers for free running lanes.
We haven’t had top level backer play for ages. Sorry to say that because Shaq and Pinckney are good guys who played solidly for years for us, but Manny’s approach would work a lot better with pro LBs who have lateral range and shed blockers well. Put the Bermuda Triangle on this team and you’d see a different defense. Obviously that is rare but the point is, it’s a LB dependent D.

Advertisement
In my opinion, it’s just a **** poor staff overall. There is no strength. It’s not a young, inexperienced hungry group that recruits its *** off. It’s not an established group that can recruit based off of past accomplishments.

Enos- needed to go no mater what
Barry- needs to go no mater what
Patke- has too big of a role for what he is
Stubbs- not a fit here
Banda- yes man, needs to go
Baker- not ready for this stage. Doesn’t belong
Rumph- I like Rump but in today’s game being a liability in recruiting means your *** needs to be in the NFL.

Advertisement
This.

Stefan is a wonderful guy and I love his write ups.

But his source has ****ed him more times than I’d let John Stamos **** me if I were a homosexual.

Beginning with the Applewhite debacle and continuing through last week with Height and Francois and now this Rumph thing today.

Please, Stefan, get a new sauce.

This.

Stefan is a wonderful guy and I love his write ups.

But his source has ****ed him more times than I’d let John Stamos **** me if I were a homosexual.

Beginning with the Applewhite debacle and continuing through last week with Height and Francois and now this Rumph thing today.

Please, Stefan, get a new sauce.
He could do what journalists at major media do and just make stuff up.

Last edited:
How many turnovers and tfl did we have against clemson and wisky?

the defense doesnt work against great OL. the entire thing falls apart and cant stop anyone.

we also don’t have the talent to match those teams...what corners do we have for the Clemson receivers and Wisconsin runs all over almost anyone that second bowl game was also a team that quit the offense didn’t help at all...if I’m not mistaken that game was 14-3 at the half the offense has been letting the defense down for years...I get it y’all hate Manny but imo the defense is good enough and yes it can also get better

Advertisement
The fact that coaches are being evaluated now is a fireable offense. You had all the evidence you needed to fire most of the staff before the bowl game. I understand the logic of waiting until after the bowl to pull the trigger but why are evaluations happening now? Do something right Manny. Do anything right.
You don't understand. Miami takes a minimum of 6 mos to a year to evaluate. Whether it's a recruit or coach.

The AD comes out and says changes are needed and now those changes are essentially going to be the Enos crew? That tells me the OC is going to be someone with strong ties to Manny. He's going to go to a place he feels safe based on everything he's shown us otherwise.

For me, almost every single thing I've been told about Manny Diaz has turned out to not be true at all. I was told he was a smart, innovative mind who strongly believes in analytics and understands what it takes to turn this program into a winner.

Instead, he's just another stubborn coach who the moment things get tough he goes to his safe place and gets conservative in the hopes of stringing out the tenure as long as possible rather than evaluating everything and making sage decisions each year.
supposedly he offered Bobo who turned him down. Playing it safe by trying to go with Richt's old guy. Manny will not do the dramatic high-risk hire who could really shine at UM. He will pay a price because he is insecure.

If this story is anywhere nar true, it‘s cause to remove both manny and james. Manny fires rumph, then james told him no unless he fires others? LMAO.

WHAT. A. CLOWN. SHOW.
James wouldn’t fire Golden until Dabo gave Miami a death blow on national television. He’s not firing Manny after worst coaching job at Miami in program history. Why should we believe James told Manny ‘if Rumph goes Banda goes’?

Advertisement
Back