Coaching search update

Butch Hiring Day is 21 away

Still looking? Searching? Wandering aimlessly in the desert of CORCHES?

I must be looking for something
Something sacred I lost
But the river is wide
And it's too hard to cross

And even though I know the river is wide
I walk down every evening and I stand on the shore
And try to cross to the opposite side
So I can finally find out what I've been looking for

I don't know why I go walking at night
But now I'm tired and I don't want to walk anymore
I hope it doesn't take the rest of my life
Until I find what it is that I've been looking for

In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
Through the jungle of doubt
To a river so deep

[video=youtube;hSq4B_zHqPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq4B_zHqPM&list=PLb7YSwrGOyBRt2F1u0rln7M_ tYNquuTnw[/video]

Advertisement
Lol at people using k state as there 1 example of a coach returning. Like k state is a dominant championship winning program.

My biggest reason for not having Butch #1 isn't even bc of UNC.

It's because I've watched a ton of sports in my life, I've rooted with tremendous passion and deep following of several teams across major sports.

And never have I seen it work out when you bring back a relic from the past.

Not Cito Gaston, not Joe Gibbs, not Yogi Berra.

Butch Davis began his career here TWENTY years ago. He left here 15 years ago. I dont want a coach on the downside. That's what the Phins got with JJ, what the Cowboys got with Parcells. Get a coach who is trending upward or in his coaching prime.

So you've never seen Kansas State play in the last 5 years?

You're a hack.

Wow my biggest fanboy has turned against me b/c I would rather Chip Kelly, Chuck Pagano, and Tom Herman instead of a 63 year old who has been out of coaching for years.

Pagano? come on, talking about a coach on the downswing. Dude had some good years at Indy sure but his beast year was when Arians ran the team. So you wanna bring up Pagano your whole argument is trash. Chip Kelly yeah we cant/wont pay him and I think the Titans have him reunite with M.M. before he comes back to college. and Herman was won 7 games and your crowning this man? Fuente has a better track record and has actually beat a top 25 team. Hue Jackson though is a beast and I'd take him quick and fast the Bengals are looking tough but I think he goes NFL too. So under realistic goals with jobs open in the NFL and NCAA and the money Miami will actually spend, name someone who is actually an option and then go from there.

**** rell done ethered da whole site, its a shame u have to write that to these fkin bozos who r blind.

D, it's crazy homie...like they really disparaging my ninja Butch, like he didn't bring the U back from the grave. Man, if they don't want him, that's one thing, but some these fools r just being disrespectful.

No one is disrespecting anything. Butch will always be put on a pedestal @ UM and rightfully so. He built the greatest football team in the history of the sport. He gets full credit for that. He is an elite evaluator and developer of talent.

Having said that (for reasons spoken at length), that doesn't mean he should be the next coach @ UM.
This right here.

This is is starting to remind me of the pre 2014 Al Golden years. The hero worship is disturbing and stupid. Set aside your emotions and think for a moment. I don't believe a single person has said Butch would be a bad hire. All people are saying is, he's not guaranteed success and that you should be weary.

Why Hue Jackson? How can you say he's a good recruiter if he hasn't coached in college in 15 years? He's a California guy that will be in the running for the USC job or an NFL gig.

Advertisement
Why Hue Jackson? How can you say he's a good recruiter if he hasn't coached in college in 15 years? He's a California guy that will be in the running for the USC job or an NFL gig.

Who has to be a good recruiter? If you are a good coach with a good staff you bring on recruiters. Baez, KB, Coley(horrible oc, good recruiter), and people like that are who do your recruiting. Winning recruits players also, Cristobal isn't some amazing smooth talking recruiters, its easy to recruit kids at Bama because they win. There is more to a coach than a recruiter, and Hue Jackson knows how to win.

A bird in the hand........

I think we are all quite certain as to what we will get with Butch.
-huge initial buzz about the team
-an absolute monster recruiting
-a strong/deep coaching staff
-a team that will be scary defensively once again
-someone with a strong bond to the Fanbase and local community

These are all givens and while he may have a few warts, Butch will most definitely put this team back on track for an annual playoff run. I'm good with that.

#BBB

THIS.

**** Vermeil won a Superball after 15 years not only away from coaching but away from football all together not like Davis. For every example there is a counter example. My point is, every case needs to be evaluated on its own merits and the very specific circumstances surrounding it. The circumstances, IMO are favorable for Davis to do well for the next 3-5 years.

Last edited:
**** Vermeil won a Superball after 15 years not only away from coaching but away from football all together not like Davis. For every example there is a counter example. My point is, every case needs to be evaluated on its own merits and the very specific circumstances surrounding it. The circumstances, IMO are favorable for Davis to do will for the next 3-5 years.

Tell em boss!

Advertisement
**** rell done ethered da whole site, its a shame u have to write that to these fkin bozos who r blind.

D, it's crazy homie...like they really disparaging my ninja Butch, like he didn't bring the U back from the grave. Man, if they don't want him, that's one thing, but some these fools r just being disrespectful.

No one is disrespecting anything. Butch will always be put on a pedestal @ UM and rightfully so. He built the greatest football team in the history of the sport. He gets full credit for that. He is an elite evaluator and developer of talent.

Having said that (for reasons spoken at length), that doesn't mean he should be the next coach @ UM.
This right here.

This is is starting to remind me of the pre 2014 Al Golden years. The hero worship is disturbing and stupid. Set aside your emotions and think for a moment. I don't believe a single person has said Butch would be a bad hire. All people are saying is, he's not guaranteed success and that you should be weary.
[MENTION=3972]NVA CANE[/MENTION], usually i roll w/ you...but many of you guys are disrespecting Butch. Bringing up UNC, still calling him a bad game day coach, trying to bring up what took place between 95-99...it's brazy, homie. It's like all you have amnesia as to what was going on w/ the program back then.

No one is saying Butch is going to re-create magic, we're saying he's our safest bet right now. Miami is on the cusp of being irrelevant for eternity. We've already had our experience of hiring a co-ordinator as a coach. We've already had our issue w/ hiring a AAC coach for the big time. Hiring an unknown is rolling the dice, and quite frankly, we don't have that option of rolling the dice anymore. Maybe we knock it out the park w/ an up and comer and we have a UF situation, or we could very well end up being like Texas with their hire. Butch bring stability, ASAP...and to compare Butch's situation w/ Golden....on me, not a good look from an usually on point poster.

This right here.

@NVA CANE, usually i roll w/ you...but many of you guys are disrespecting Butch. Bringing up UNC, still calling him a bad game day coach, trying to bring up what took place between 95-99...it's brazy, homie. It's like all you have amnesia as to what was going on w/ the program back then.

No one is saying Butch is going to re-create magic, we're saying he's our safest bet right now. Miami is on the cusp of being irrelevant for eternity. We've already had our experience of hiring a co-ordinator as a coach. We've already had our issue w/ hiring a AAC coach for the big time. Hiring an unknown is rolling the dice, and quite frankly, we don't have that option of rolling the dice anymore. Maybe we knock it out the park w/ an up and comer and we have a UF situation, or we could very well end up being like Texas with their hire. Butch bring stability, ASAP...and to compare Butch's situation w/ Golden....on me, not a good look from an usually on point poster.
I hear you. I got no problem going with the safe bet. Butch would be a good hire. I just want the school to do their due diligence and get the absolute best option. If in the end that's Butch then I'm all in, but if it's Butch because the search committee only looked at Charlie Strong, Chud, Mario and Schiano I will be disappointed.

Dont get me wrong, I think Butch will do a fine job and make this program much better than it is today. I just don't know that there aren't other options that may get us to where we want to be faster with a brand new brand of football. We shall see what the search committee does.

Advertisement
why ya still explaining to these guys they set in there ways, its like telling agolden to run a 4-3 one gap. it aint happening

You can show me history that supports or casts shade on a Butch hire, but c'mon. There's no guarantees. This is college football.

But Butch gives us: the best buzz (fans and alumni love him), a positive impact on recruiting (he starred in The U 2, did you hear??), a strong coaching staff (this man got connects!) and the possibility of a quick turnaround (adjusting to the SoFla landscape is every hire's most difficult task but Butch has already lived it!).

C'MON, MANG.

Advertisement

This right here.

@NVA CANE, usually i roll w/ you...but many of you guys are disrespecting Butch. Bringing up UNC, still calling him a bad game day coach, trying to bring up what took place between 95-99...it's brazy, homie. It's like all you have amnesia as to what was going on w/ the program back then.

I hear you. I got no problem going with the safe bet. Butch would be a good hire. I just want the school to do their due diligence and get the absolute best option. If in the end that's Butch then I'm all in, but if it's Butch because the search committee only looked at Charlie Strong, Chud, Mario and Schiano I will be disappointed.

Dont get me wrong, I think Butch will do a fine job and make this program much better than it is today. I just don't know that there aren't other options that may get us to where we want to be faster with a brand new brand of football. We shall see what the search committee does.

See, i f's w/ this post. This is the ninja I've come to know and respect regarding solid post on CIS.

Anyone who've seen my post know i'm a #bbb guy. I think it's b/c like i said, looking back, butch did his thing here. We were mess, and we gave him a hard time for not producing immediately.

I think for me, what really made me appreciate Butch, was when [MENTION=2366]dk72[/MENTION] compared Golden's situation to Butch, and then i was like OH **** NAW!!! Golden didn't have to go through ANYTHING Butch had to go through. Seeing how Golden failed miserably, getting worst year by year, really added credence to what Butch was able to accomplish under dire straights.

But let me be clear...I want the university to do due diligence, as well. I don't want Fuentes, b/c all i see is us scoring 50 and giving up 50. I don't want Strong....he's already showed he's not ready for P5 football. I don't want Cristobal...he's already showed he's not ready for any head coaching responsibilities. I don't want Schiano b/c that's just a slight upgrade from Golden.

I think Barber is solid. I think Herman is the next...I think Kirby could be good.....I think Chud would be good, I even like Hue....but, man we're this close to being non-existent. That's the only reason why I'm pushing for Butch. If Golden would've brought the program up and then left for greener pasturages, that's one thing, but in many ways, we're worst now, then before he got hired. We're 0-3 on the last 3 coaches, dog...0-3. Coker crashed the Ferrari, Shannon was a trainwreck, and Golden shipwrecked us. I'm terrified of us getting an up and comer AAC, Co-Ordinator, or MAC coach who realize the belly of the beast is too much for them. We can't affored going 0-4.

Fuente has had a pretty good defense the last 2 years. He lost his DC to Missouri (where they have one of the best Ds in the nation) and lost a bunch of starters off that team.

There three things closest to a sure shot in college football.

1) Urban, probably anywhere

2) Saban in the SEC

3) Butch Frigging Davis at THE [[__]].

Advertisement
Back