Coaching search update

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Spoke to someone with direct link to decisionmakers. Butch has strong support with key members of Board. There are still some people against him, but the tide is turning. I become more optimistic by the day.

Money will not be an issue. The school knows how important this decision is. I expect Blake to be given the opportunity to conduct a true search and come up with the best candidate. This will not be a lazy process.

It's extremely early, but the two names with momentum are Butch Davis and Charlie Strong. And the obvious choice for offensive coordinator (in my opinion- not info) would be Ken Dorsey, QB coach for MVP candidate Cam Newton.

Advertisement
Let's address Ken Dorsey as OC because we're aware of Butch and Strong would repeat the last 10+ years at Miami.

Your suggestion is to pair a first time OC with a defensive minded coach? How does this help us on offense?

Advertisement
Spoke to someone with direct link to decisionmakers. Butch has strong support with key members of Board. There are still some people against him, but the tide is turning. I become more optimistic by the day.

Money will not be an issue. The school knows how important this decision is. I expect Blake to be given the opportunity to conduct a true search and come up with the best candidate. This will not be a lazy process.

It's extremely early, but the two names with momentum are Butch Davis and Charlie Strong. And the obvious choice for offensive coordinator (in my opinion- not info) would be Ken Dorsey, QB coach for MVP candidate Cam Newton.

DMoney, what are your thoughts on Skrong? It seems to me that he benefited from having Bridgewater bail him out as a coach. I'm not so sure he's good HC material. Seems to be a better DC than HC.

I really think all of this backlash over the "return" has swung things in Butch's favor. I think the university is more willing this week to snub their nose at the NCAA (by hiring Butch) than they were last week. Just a feeling....I still don't think Butch was ever that great of a gameday coach, but the man can recruit like no other.

Not questioning info, but rather, why Strong vs Herman or Fuente or (insert name here)? Curious there. He's struggling mightily in Texas.

Next up, it sounds like they haven't really begun the process? They need to be putting feelers out ASAP if they haven't. I realize a coach already in a job won't be coming now, but that process needs to be underway so the class can be assembled. I have nightmares about the last few times this happened.

Advertisement
I'm half aroused, half depressed by this.

Butch sounds like he's in full mob boss mode visiting heavy hitters around town for back of restaurant meetings where he makes peace and burries hatchets.

Strong was appealing at Louisville, but he's having a Golden-like experience at a big time program and his offense is dreadful. Even more unsettling, the defensive guru is getting shredded. Which Strong would we be getting?

Your suggestion is to pair a first time OC with a defensive minded coach? How does this help us on offense?

Dorsey is a rising star. Cam Newton is the talk of the NFL and he is playing smart. Offensive coordinator at a big school is the logical next step for him. The fit with Kaaya is obvious.

Advertisement
Not questioning info, but rather, why Strong vs Herman or Fuente or (insert name here)? Curious there. He's struggling mightily in Texas.

Next up, it sounds like they haven't really begun the process? They need to be putting feelers out ASAP if they haven't. I realize a coach already in a job won't be coming now, but that process needs to be underway so the class can be assembled. I have nightmares about the last few times this happened.

Feelers are out I'm sure. They just can't be too intrusive while the season is going on. I'm sure Herman and Fuente (Herman especially) has been contacted.

Even more unsettling, the defensive guru is getting shredded. Which Strong would we be getting?

He had elite defenses at South Carolina, Florida and Louisville. I think Texas is the anomaly, not the other way around. And he would be inheriting a defense with a ton of talent that fits his system.

Advertisement
If Strong's receiving stronger consideration from our admin than Tom Herman, then...well, f***

Let's address Ken Dorsey as OC because we're aware of Butch and Strong would repeat the last 10+ years at Miami.

I think Dorsey will be a great OC one day, but I'm done with having coordinators learning on the job. If Dorsey wants to come back as QB coach, I'd be all for that...or even as co-OC with someone more experienced.

Dorsey is a rising star. Cam Newton is the talk of the NFL and he is playing smart. Offensive coordinator at a big school is the logical next step for him. The fit with Kaaya is obvious.

mustnotfap.jpg

Advertisement
Back