Coaching change

LOL. Interesting but inaccurate.

I fully support Coach L and his entire staff. The only mistake Coach L and his staff has made in their tenure at Miami is not using all 13 available scholarships to fill out the roster in each of the past 5 plus season.

I do not blame him for the FBI investigation and they have handled this season well given the circumstances.

This coaching staff knows how to identify and recruit talent to Miami. Coach L has stated that they will be using all 13 scholarships next season so expect Miami to get back to their winning ways under Coach L next season. Our first look at the new team will occur in August when they play four exhibition games in Italy.

I like Frank Martin but discussing him as a replacement for Coach L is very premature and closer to unnecessary at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nate Oates - Buffalo
Mike Young - Wofford (not necessarily young)
Wojo - Marquette (probably holding out for Duke job once Coach K retires)
Johnny Dawkins - UCF (see above)
Mike Rhoades - VCU
Craig Smith - Utah St.
Bob Richey - Furman
Wes Miller - UNC Greensboro

Any of these would be great

Advertisement
Ideally Coach L gives us one more year and goes out with another NCAA appearance. We're in on a 4* SG, 4* SF, and if we land them plus a grad transfer big I think we'll have a good team next year.

Seems like L is motivated and angry at how things went down this season, so I dont see him retiring on this note.

I'd absolutely go after Mussellman when a change does happen though. He has some baggage that would scare away some schools, but he'd crush it here

Say what you want but Pitino is a great basketball coach and knows how to bring out the best out of his players,besides that a **** good recruiter. I know he done some dumb **** true enough but every man deserves a 2nd chance. Who without sin cast the 1st stone,I'm just saying.

Jesus Christ this thread is ******* awful.

Beyond awful. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: The typical Miami fan is basketball illiterate. Seriously. Rick Pitino? You really think Jay Wright would come to Miami? Mark Few is at Gonzaga, where he can rack up 30+ wins without breaking a sweat.

If L decides to walk away, Miami should be looking at guys like Randy Bennett, who is stuck in Gonzaga's shadow. Guys like Fred Hoiberg, who have won at places where it isn't always easy to win.

Advertisement
Say what you want but Pitino is a great basketball coach and knows how to bring out the best out of his players,besides that a **** good recruiter. I know he done some dumb **** true enough but every man deserves a 2nd chance. Who without sin cast the 1st stone,I'm just saying.

He's gotten more than two chances, dimwit. He's old as dirt to boot. Why would you hire a guy who has MULTIPLE run ins with the NCAA? WHY? It's like you stopped watching college basketball in 1996, when Rick was significantly younger.

Beyond awful. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: The typical Miami fan is basketball illiterate. Seriously. Rick Pitino? You really think Jay Wright would come to Miami? Mark Few is at Gonzaga, where he can rack up 30+ wins without breaking a sweat.

If L decides to walk away, Miami should be looking at guys like Randy Bennett, who is stuck in Gonzaga's shadow. Guys like Fred Hoiberg, who have won at places where it isn't always easy to win.

I am not against Bennett but guys like Musselman or Hoiberg should be higher on the list.

Advertisement
Bennett is not leaving St. Mary's. He's been there almost 20 years and they are firmly established as the second best team in the WCC, which is a pretty solid mid-major league. Wright and Few are pipe dreams. Villanova is a top-5 job in CBB and Few won't even consider the UCLA opening, so why would he consider Miami?

I'd love a guy with east coast/ACC ties that can sell the value to the recruits of playing in a market like Miami. Coach L has done a masterful job of doing this but we probably will need a refresh moving forward.

Bennett is not leaving St. Mary's. He's been there almost 20 years and they are firmly established as the second best team in the WCC, which is a pretty solid mid-major league. Wright and Few are pipe dreams. Villanova is a top-5 job in CBB and Few won't even consider the UCLA opening, so why would he consider Miami?

I'd love a guy with east coast/ACC ties that can sell the value to the recruits of playing in a market like Miami. Coach L has done a masterful job of doing this but we probably will need a refresh moving forward.

That's not a small part of our recruiting "problem." Hard to sell recruits on little fan support and playing in front of half empty houses most nights.

Follow the money. Unless some big name coach is willing to take less, we will hire a coach who will fit the budget. Probably someone who wants to move to or retire in sunny SFLA.

Advertisement
Back