Coaches That Can Win Next Year (Not Butch Davs)

jerzeycane

All-ACC
Mike and the Mad Dog used to do a BEAUTIFUL thing up here when fans called for someone to be fired.

They always said don't call here asking for someone to be fired, if you don't have a replacement.

They'd ask the question and most fans would stumble and stammer until the end of their time on sports radio.

So who is the replacement? And don't bring me Butch Davis. Bring me somebody who will take us to EXACTLY what we need to be next year.

Advertisement
Can't wait to see the responses….sure it won't be some of the previously mentioned Corches who lost yesterday

Todd Graham to a bad Oregon St
Brian Kelly to a bad Northwestern
Gus Malzahn to a Georgia team was OWNED by a bad Florida team
Chris Peterson who has done nothing at Washington
Kevin Sumlin who comes off a big victory and loses at home under the lights

I think Golden is limited in how far he can take the program, I just don't see a sure fire guy out there to replace him that is even realistic though

Don't know too much about coaches but we should look for someone who has been around a winning culture, can assemble a competent staff, is defensive-minded, and can relate to players. I've heard Pat Narduzzi being mentioned a lot.

This will all hinge on the AD's willingness to pay top dollar for one as I don't think they can

Advertisement
Can't wait to see the responses….sure it won't be some of the previously mentioned Corches who lost yesterday

I think Golden is limited in how far he can take the program, I just don't see a sure fire guy out there to replace him that is even realistic though

I want Mark Stoops. We need a defensive mind that can get defensive linemen to perform to the best of their abilities, not to mention the fact that he would turn our DB's into All-Americans.

All of the above coaches have actually beaten teams that finished in the top 25. Some have even won their divisions or even...gasp...their conferences.

Advertisement
What's the point of this thread if we can't use the obvious answer?

Because it's a dumb one that requires the least amount of thought possible.

1) It will never happen as he currently has a program on probation for academic impropriety

2) It's not a home run hire. He's the gawd talent evaluator, but he lacks in other areas. We would be taking steps back to take steps forward with him and I'm not interested in that right now.

Just wait until ESPN realized we are now aiming for wake forest status. No one wants to see teams that consider 8-4 a good year in prime time. Let's see how recruiting goes then. Bottom line is we need a win now mentality and we have a trending neutral coach.

I want Mark Stoops. We need a defensive mind that can get defensive linemen to perform to the best of their abilities, not to mention the fact that he would turn our DB's into All-Americans.

Have you seen Mark Stoops team the last few weeks…he just got owned by his Rival yesterday???

All of the above coaches have actually beaten teams that finished in the top 25. Some have even won their divisions or even...gasp...their conferences.

And if they performed at Miami the way they just did yesterday everyone would be in here waiving the Corch flag complaining….If we were fighting for playoff spot like ASU was and laid a late egg at Oregon St like ASU did everyone here would be calling for Graham's firing. NO way ND should of lost a home game to Northwestern…

Advertisement

Have you seen Mark Stoops team the last few weeks…he just got owned by his Rival yesterday???

Once again...there are plenty of factors that go in to these things. Don't just look at the scoreboard yesterday and eliminate guys.

1) It will never happen as he currently has a program on probation for academic impropriety

2) It's not a home run hire. He's the gawd talent evaluator, but he lacks in other areas. We would be taking steps back to take steps forward with him and I'm not interested in that right now.

Butch Davis is taking a step back from al Golden?

Advertisement
Art Briles
Gary Patterson
Mark Stoops
Todd Graham
Rich Rod

These are all guys who are doing great things at way lesser programs than Miami. Stoops being the only guy who hasn't maintained this success long term yet.

You can find some really strong assistants on the college and NFL level if you want to to that route, guys who while maybe have never been HC, have proven to be ELITE at what they do.

Jeremy Pruitt
Dan Quinn
Chad Morris

Butch Davis is taking a step back from al Golden?

Guaran-****-teed Butch would either win less games next year, or we'd win the same amount, before the program takes off again.

Then the year would be filled with "but these are Golden's player's" bull****

We need somebody that will get the most out of the CURRENT roster, without shaking the infrastructure much.

Advertisement
Back