Coaches hitting the recruiting trail

His father played at UF and for whatever reason, we (unless it's happening behind the scenes) haven't shown this guy ANY interest. It's weird and strange seeing that LB is going to be a position of need for us.
According to Ivins we're recruiting him to play DE not LB, despite needing LBs this class more than any program in the country. I don't get it.

Advertisement
I don’t envy the coaches or the recruits in this process. Unless the fit is a no brainer for both side like Duke Johnson, it must be so friggin hard to manage relationships and expectations. I hope Restrepo doesn’t take the hesitation the wrong way. Not being able to commit today doesn’t mean he won’t rise to the top of the board after Paradise or some other eval opportunity.

2022 DT Alton Tarber was offered by Alabama yesterday.

2020 DE Kervins Choute was offered by Boston College and Syracuse.

2022 RB Jaziun Patterson offered by Auburn and Penn State.

2021 WR Jamarion McDougle (brother of Dejuan) offered by Boston College.

Knighton is up to 191lbs.
Restrepo at a ripped 190.
That's what I like to hear, Restrepo is a take all the way.

Coach, how does Restrepo compares to Sam Bruce (WR) at this same point in their careers?

Advertisement
Ok, so if you don't need WR's then don't lead the kid on.
Isn't this how the game is played?

If they've not let him commit then he's a Plan B if other options fall through. Didn't we criticise Richt et al for basically cutting off communication with the Plan B kids until the Plan A kid ****ed us on Signing Day? Then looking like mugs as they tried to scramble to get the Plan B kids in the class.

If they've not let him commit then he's a Plan B if other options fall through. Didn't we criticise Richt et al for basically cutting off communication with the Plan B kids until the Plan A kid ****ed us on Signing Day? Then looking like mugs as they tried to scramble to get the Plan B kids in the class.
It is a tough business and Coach Macho has to know this first hand although I see how it is more difficult when you are close to those kids.

Advertisement
People on here are always saying that we need to recruit kids who want to be Miami Hurricanes. Well here's a kid who wants to be one badly and we wouldn't let him commit. I hope Miami figures out what they want or at least be transparent with the kid and let him down nicely.
I'd be perfectly happy with fleming, robinson, and restrepo as my receivers in this class.

Advertisement
I get it. He plays better as an edge rusher than off the ball.
Then why does he play LB? Are there 2 D1 DE's on his defense? I mean maybe there are Idk most states don't just let high schools build super teams through endless transfers like Florida does. If not then why wouldn't he be playing his best position? Why is Miami constantly projecting defensive recruits to "grow into" positions they don't play now?

Why not be honest with the kid and tell him that you want to continue evaluating him before extending an official offer...rather than offering him and sending him DM's saying "I'm coming to get you!"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back