Coach Speak: Richt addresses recent injuries, improving offensive line, and upcoming scrimmage

You're suggesting Polendy will be 3rd string by then? This smells of your QB predictions of the past. He is clearly in control of the strarting spot and the sensational freshman duo would have to make significant strides to unseat him.

Clearly in control?

No freshman shows up and claims a starting spot over a veteran in the first few practices. Didn't recruit actually say that freshman basically remain with the 3rd team through the first week?

Give it a couple weeks before we start making determinations as to which player that has never logged a meaningful snap is clearly in control of a starting spot.

Advertisement
Good, god. 2019 is going to be insane competition at the QB spot.

Clearly in control?

No freshman shows up and claims a starting spot over a veteran in the first few practices. Didn't recruit actually say that freshman basically remain with the 3rd team through the first week?

Give it a couple weeks before we start making determinations as to which player that has never logged a meaningful snap is clearly in control of a starting spot.

We'll see, but that was as glowing a review as it gets from Richt. The one thing Richt values above anything, is knowing your assignment. The young bucks have all the talent in the world, but will they be up to speed in time? I don't believe so, but we'll see.

Weldon was the first name Rosier mentioned.. saying he completed **** near 80% of his passes one practice. Can't get much better than that. And he is a good athlete.

I wrote him off when he got here but I like his moxie...dudes got some stuff about him, no one is talking about him having any shot in this competition, couldnt show what he can do in the spring bc of an eye infection.. but regardless, still just working making his play speak for itself.

Advertisement
You're suggesting Polendy will be 3rd string by then? This smells of your QB predictions of the past. He is clearly in control of the strarting spot and the sensational freshman duo would have to make significant strides to unseat him.

Jordan and Mallory are already getting the most meaningful reps, including first team.

Polendey is first team in name only. The other two will play bigger roles right away based on current practice usage.

Weldon was the first name Rosier mentioned.. saying he completed **** near 80% of his passes one practice. Can't get much better than that. And he is a good athlete.

I wrote him off when he got here but I like his moxie...dudes got some stuff about him, no one is talking about him having any shot in this competition, couldnt show what he can do in the spring bc of an eye infection.. but regardless, still just working making his play speak for itself.
@Coach Macho liked his tape more than perry if im correct.

Advertisement
Happy for Weldon but lets make sure this is legit first before the "Anti-Malik" brigade come screaming for him to be given a chance to take the starting job after a few compliments from the HC.... Kid hasn't seen live bullets yet. He will on Saturday knowing Richt as he seems like a HC that will make sure you aren't a flash in the pan.

Exactly! We heard the same things about Sherriffs and we know how that turned out.

Any idea who they might move over to TE for depth?

The easy answer is Langham. He was only 5 pounds lighter than Irvin in early July. But he's running with the 1s/2s at WR right now, so hard to ask him to make that move at this point. My issue has always been projecting to mid-season, there's just no way he's physically gifted enough at WR to hold off Cager, Njoku and the freshmen. At TE, on the other hand, he could really help out.

Gray was 6'2" and 240 in early July, so no reason he couldn't help out, as well.

Maybe you don't start them in a classic TE formation. But you could always put them in motion and snap at the right point where they are effectively operating in that function.

Advertisement
I'm happy for Weldon, too. But **** it, man, why can't one of those 3 kids step up and perform better than Rosier? We need someone to emerge as the CLEAR leader, not have a 4-pack of gamers.

I want to hear Weldon is having a great camp and is pushing for the starting spot, not the #2 spot. So much for an open competition.

Sounds like he could be separating himself to be clear #2 for the moment.

He’ll get to go vs defense1 on Saturday.

There’s a lot of camp left.

Advertisement
Jordan and Mallory are already getting the most meaningful reps, including first team.

Polendey is first team in name only. The other two will play bigger roles right away based on current practice usage.

That flies in the opposite direction of what I've heard, but whatever. My guy is there daily and I will leave it at that.

Jordan has a shot due to blocking ability to take a lot of reps, bit Mallory isn't there yet to be used in a TE capacity at the line.

respect for Weldon, here is a guy with great pedigree, jerks like me are rooting for Perry and Williams and he keeps working at it, I had it pegged as a perennial backup, the lesser qb in that recruiting cycle....yet, he shows up and its ready to play! Respect!
Weldon’s highlights were so impressive. People kept talking down about him I thought maybe I wasn’t just retarded.

Advertisement
Back