Coach Soldinger called it

Oh - the players coached themselves.

That must have been some recruiting job. And if it is - it could work again.

When Clappy was headed to the lockers at halftime - he asked Ed Reed what he should say.

Ed told him, "I wouldn't say much coach - we're ahead."

That was Butch Davis's players and his coaching on display.

You clearly want to be affirmed that Butch was faultless, all knowing, and could not improve in a single area. I’ll stick with the proof that if he was all of that, he would be somewhere besides FIU at 0-2. Have a good night.

Advertisement
You clearly want to be affirmed that Butch was faultless, all knowing, and could not improve in a single area. I’ll stick with the proof that if he was all of that, he would be somewhere besides FIU at 0-2. Have a good night.

And you're one responsible for Richt's BS show, and Golden's BS show - years wasted when we could have a top ranked team right now if not for the insane anti-Butch blindness.

It's too late now. The die has been cast.

Hope you Butch haters are pleased with what we have.

And I don't give a **** if you have a good night or not.

And you're one responsible for Richt's BS show, and Golden's BS show - years wasted when we could have a top ranked team right now if not for the insane anti-Butch blindness.

Actually, if you read instead of crying like a hormonal teen, you would have read that I said he would have been better with any of these last four. I think the last four coaches have been lazy and cheap.

Out of curiosity, how was Butch’s self coaching philosophy when we were ranked in the top 20 and lost to Syracuse 66-13 in 1998? How about the next season when we lost to East Carolina? How about the next season when we came out and took a **** during the first half in Seattle? Again, you can live in some fictitious, revisionist history. I prefer to deal in reality.

Have a WONDERFUL night.

college is mostly about stockpiling talent. Both Butch and Mario are great at that.
Right and evaluations are the biggest part of stock piling talent (unless you can play the bag game). But as we have seen lately, what good is talent when you can't coach them up and put them in situations to win. That's where hiring good assistants come in.

Advertisement
Actually, if you read instead of crying like a hormonal teen, you would have read that I said he would have been better with any of these last four. I think the last four coaches have been lazy and cheap.

Out of curiosity, how was Butch’s self coaching philosophy when we were ranked in the top 20 and lost to Syracuse 66-13 in 1998? How about the next season when we lost to East Carolina? How about the next season when we came out and took a **** during the first half in Seattle? Again, you can live in some fictitious, revisionist history. I prefer to deal in reality.

Have a WONDERFUL night.

I HATE to point out something you apparently looked up - but I remember clearly. Syracuse at that time was a very good team - and they gave us fits year after year.

Name one coach - one top coach - who hasn't had a bad, inexplicable loss now and then.

Name one.

Saban has. Dabo has. Harbaugh has. Tom Herman has. Bob Stoops. Lincoln Riley has. Everyone has.

You don't keep up with football, much, do you?

Have a WONDERFUL night.
You prefer to deal in Homosexuality...

When golden was fired, Soldinger said "you have the guy. It's butch" he said he'd even come back to coach.
then he complained manny didnt have enough miami guys. For starter, I would have hire lamar thomas as WR coach.

Our player development is a serious problem.
Well when you think of Miami receivers, you think big,fast and explosive. Now it seems that we just get 5'10-5'11 receivers and hype them up. We have to get back to Miami standards period!

Advertisement

So what are some Miami fans seeing that no Athletic Director other than a desperate Pete Garcia hoping that lightning strikes twice are seeing?

Butch stockpiled talent at UNC as well and the best he did was 8 wins I believe in 4 years

I think everyone appreciates what he did here and the players he recruited for our last NC but he is not some coaching savant

Butch stockpiled talent at UNC as well and the best he did was 8 wins I believe in 4 years

I think everyone appreciates what he did here and the players he recruited for our last NC but he is not some coaching savant

It’s incredible that his cultists don’t realize this. He was a solid coach many years ago. He has never been anything more.

Advertisement
I HATE to point out something you apparently looked up - but I remember clearly. Syracuse at that time was a very good team - and they gave us fits year after year.

Name one coach - one top coach - who hasn't had a bad, inexplicable loss now and then.

Name one.

Saban has. Dabo has. Harbaugh has. Tom Herman has. Bob Stoops. Lincoln Riley has. Everyone has.

You don't keep up with football, much, do you?

Syracuse was 21 for that game. They had Donovan McNabb. Good team. We still lost 66-13. We lost to them the year before at home, which was the year with the most impact from the lost scholarships. We beat them by double digits just about every other year.

How about ECU in 1999? How about Washington? Again, no one is taking Butch’s eye for talent in coaches and players. That was a long time ago before top assistants were making mid 6 figures and the current bag game reached these levels.

Syracuse only beat us in 1997 and 1998.

Yeah - those years of Pasqualoni - they appeared in 11 bowl games - three major - and won nine! Donovan McNabb, Marvin Graves, Keith Bullock, Rob Konrad, Kevin Johnson, Dwight Freeney, Donovin Darius, Marvin Harrison - yeah! They held or shared the Big East title with UM during his years there.

They were tough! Nothing like today.

You may wish to read up a bit on his last year. Remember the University had crip courses - for both regular students and athletes - especially basketball?

Butch lost his starters - no fault of his own as the Governor and University finally concluded - but **** if in spite of that in-season setback - he won his bowl game!

Do you pups just look at the raw numbers?

No wonder the country is turning to * * * * - no one knows diddly * * * * about the HOW and WHY of things.

Advertisement
You prefer to deal in Homosexuality...

I mean this as politely as possible. How old are you where you were able to be friends with Nate Webster, yet are at a point in life where you have that as an insult and so little going on? Truly, truly sad and pathetic. You have a WONDERFUL (likely lonely) night too.

Yeah - those years of Pasqualoni - they appeared in 11 bowl games - three major - and won nine! Donovan McNabb, Marvin Graves, Keith Bullock, Rob Konrad, Kevin Johnson, Dwight Freeney, Donovin Darius, Marvin Harrison - yeah! They held or shared the Big East title with UM during his years there.

They were tough! Nothing like today.
He was 2-10 against us.

You may wish to read up a bit on his last year. Remember the University had crip courses - for both regular students and athletes - especially basketball?

Butch lost his starters - no fault of his own as the Governor and University finally concluded - but **** if in spite of that in-season setback - he won his bowl game!

Do you pups just look at the raw numbers?

No wonder the country is turning to * * * * - no one knows diddly * * * * about the HOW and WHY of things.

He won the Music City Bowl as a 7 win team his final year

He lost his previous 2 bowl games for UNC in the Car Care bowl

Besides his one year winning 11 games he never won more than 9 games at any stop

Once again appreciate what he did here and the players he recruited

Advertisement
Back