Coach Soldinger called it

Thats not the point...Point is...we F-ed up letting him go..and then not rehiring him from 2007-2015...Thats 100% fact...as you have seen with player development and evaluations the past 15yrs..
We will just have opposing opinions with regards to Butch. You may be right, we might have dominated CFB if we had hired him back instead of Shannon. I just don't see it with Butch, but that's me. He was a great evaluator of talent and more importantly he was pretty good at hiring assistant coaches.

Advertisement
When golden was fired, Soldinger said "you have the guy. It's butch" he said he'd even come back to coach.
then he complained manny didnt have enough miami guys. For starter, I would have hire lamar thomas as WR coach.

Our player development is a serious problem.
Lamar sucks, was at Lville and did absolutely nothing!

You realize that a lot of **** good coaches aren't players, and climbed up through the ranks like Diaz, right? Mike Leach wasn't some muscle head jock, same with Lincoln Riley, albeit Riley was a walk on in college. Coaches now are more analytical than the old guys, but they can also figure simple crap out. It isn't how Diaz came up that is the problem, it's that Miami shouldn't have settled for this guy without doing a single outside interview. For the first time in decades, Miami had the pick of the litter and the budget to at least make a legit run at guys and chose to pick Diaz. Could Diaz turn this around? Maybe, but it's hard to think that a guy that spends this much time BSing on social media can be anything special.

Good point

We hired a guy that has never been a head coach and never played football. He come up through editing highlight videos. But somehow he lands a P5 head coaching gig? This isn’t too far off from hiring a competitive Madden gamer.

Blake James should be fired for not even engaging in a hiring process.
To be fair, isn’t that the same way that Eric Spoelstra rose up?

Like the competitive gamer analogy though - I hope you’re wrong!

We will just have opposing opinions with regards to Butch. You may be right, we might have dominated CFB if we had hired him back instead of Shannon. I just don't see it with Butch, but that's me. He was a great evaluator of talent and more importantly he was pretty good at hiring assistant coaches.
Kehoe
Soldinger
Curtis Johnson
Coker
Shannon
Chudzinski
Pagano
Shiano all Butch hires were pretty good???...Lol....how bout the Staff he hired at UNC that preceded to whip UMs staff??

Advertisement
Was Butch too old from 01-2016??....Was he too old as he kicked our teeth in while at UNC??....Lol....keep thinking Butch would've been the wrong hire all those yrs....Hows things been with STs....Player Development....Defense and a plethora of other issues??....FOH with your anti-Butch BS.....Bottomline is....he'd wipe his *** with Coker...Shannon...Golden...Richt and Diaz in regards on how to run a Major CFB team.

JFC with the constant cleat chasing and worship of all things Butch. Based upon your constant posting about the late 90's you must sit around and jerk off to your Polaroids of players like your avatar. Chuck must be so proud to have you as a relative since your entire identity is worshiping all things Botch related.

I'll let you in on a little secret ..... Butch CHEATED HIS ******* *** OFF AT UNC and he won nothing of consequence there for all of his cheating.

While he assembled lightning in a bottle at UM 20 ******* YEARS AGO he was a TERRIBLE gameday coach and anyone that claims otherwise is just delusional.

You are the "one time at band-camp" clown that constantly brings up seasons from 20 years ago.

I graduated from Miami 25 years ago and while I was there we never lost a home game, won 2 national titles and played for a third. The past is the past and I'm not clamoring to have Jimmy Johnson nor Dennis Erickson come back and coach b/c THE COLLEGE GAME HAS PASSED THEM BY.

JFC with the constant cleat chasing and worship of all things Butch. Based upon your constant posting about the late 90's you must sit around and jerk off to your Polaroids of players like your avatar. Chuck must be so proud to have you as a relative since your entire identity is worshiping all things Botch related.

I'll let you in on a little secret ..... Butch CHEATED HIS ******* *** OFF AT UNC and he won nothing of consequence there for all of his cheating.

While he assembled lightning in a bottle at UM 20 ******* YEARS AGO he was a TERRIBLE gameday coach and anyone that claims otherwise is just delusional.

You are the "one time at band-camp" clown that constantly brings up seasons from 20 years ago.

I graduated from Miami 25 years ago and while I was there we never lost a home game, won 2 national titles and played for a third. The past is the past and I'm not clamoring to have Jimmy Johnson nor Dennis Erickson come back and coach b/c THE COLLEGE GAME HAS PAST THEM BY.
Hey F-Boy....nobody is clamoring for Butch to come back now Douchebag....Point is...this program hasn't been the same since his kids left...and his assistants left....I know....just a F-ing coincidence I tell ya...

Hey F-Boy....nobody is clamoring for Butch to come back now Douchebag....Point is...this program hasn't been the same since his kids left...and his assistants left....I know....just a F-ing coincidence I tell ya...
even when we didnt have a 2 deep, butch was winning 9 games and bowls. he was a first time hc in a nightmare position and made it work.

Advertisement
Thats not the point...Point is...we F-ed up letting him go..and then not rehiring him from 2007-2015...Thats 100% fact...as you have seen with player development and evaluations the past 15yrs..
that guy IS miami. also he spent time at ESPN learning the changes to the game, who the upcoming coaches were, etc.
at least he doesnt coach like MD. manny coaches like he's playing madden on rookie mode

Advertisement

I'm happy you let go of Botch's **** for a minute so you could type a response.

You're a clown whose entire identity revolves around the fact that your cousin or whatever he is to you was a UM coach and "you're friends" with some players from 20 years ago.

Quick, there's probably a post that dsddcane just made that you need to type an at-a-boy response to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You realize that a lot of **** good coaches aren't players, and climbed up through the ranks like Diaz, right? Mike Leach wasn't some muscle head jock, same with Lincoln Riley, albeit Riley was a walk on in college. Coaches now are more analytical than the old guys, but they can also figure simple crap out. It isn't how Diaz came up that is the problem, it's that Miami shouldn't have settled for this guy without doing a single outside interview. For the first time in decades, Miami had the pick of the litter and the budget to at least make a legit run at guys and chose to pick Diaz. Could Diaz turn this around? Maybe, but it's hard to think that a guy that spends this much time BSing on social media can be anything special.
No Due Diligence whatsoever...

I'm happy you let go of Botch's **** for a minute so you could type a response.

You're a clown whose entire identity revolves around the fact that your cousin or whatever he is to you was a UM coach and "you're friends" with some players for 20 years ago.

Quick, there's probably a post that dsddcane just made that you need to type of a at-a-boy response to.
Point is...my response is correct....And leave my family outta any further conversations, or PM me so we can handle it a different way puzzy...

Christ, that's 2/3s of the job.

Advertisement
Back