Coach Rumph

Dumbass? I asked who he both recruited and sent to the league. JJ was here before he arrived. Hall was your ace card. Wow!
Tou are legit retarded, Amari carter is a senior of course he doesnt have guys who he recruited and have been in the NFL, he hasn't been at UM long enough. It seems you are to dumb to understand this😂😂😂. The only argument you might have is complaining about carter not being in the NFL, but that was Banda's first recruit and he obviously has gotten better, but keep being retarded.

Advertisement
ER wants to coach and recruit. Manny needs to give Rumph the boot and slide Reed in. Rumph’s biggest accomplishment as a player or coach is bounce the ball off of his knee. I find it ironic that Ivey wears his number. I have been doing my best to give Rumph chance after chance but at this point I have run out of rope.

I have always been a fan. I can’t say anything positive right now. Can’t recruit (that is well documented). Doesn’t seem to be able to coach either (that has always been the case with Ivey who is atrocious but appears evident in Couch and Christian Williams). If you are the CBS coach at a major university, you need to either get the talent or develop the less talented. I didn’t see either from his group yesterday with the exception of Blades (who played good enough but not great against a subpar opponent).
How much is Rumph making and who is the next best alternative willing to take the same pay?

While we’re at it, Baker called a crappy game too as none of the blitzing stunts really worked and could have gashed us for serious points if playing against a decent opponent. Defensive side of the ball is a concern that didn’t exist in my mind all offseason. But Rumph needs to show why he is employed by our Canes.
Just waiting on @cosdenc to show up and downvote @CorniceCane ‘s spot on post.

Though I will say, I was less worried about the Offense in the off-season based on Lashlee and King. The OL was better though not great but I think Justice is doing ok with what he’s working with. The WR’s are worse than I thought they’d be. They need to give the younger guys some chances.

Awful recruiter but teaching wise I can’t be mad based on last night. Ivey clearly doesn’t learn from his mistakes, and short slants/soft spots that are open are more a scheme issue than anything. They’ve been open since Manny got to UM.
They keep putting him out there though. That’s a huge issue. Per LCE, and it’s become apparent, that’s all about valuing tenure and seniority over capabilities.

Advertisement
Is your main goal to belittle people?

What is your solution to our issues? What are you going to say when we are a .500 or a .450 team again?

Focus on solutions Bro.

Fyi, I've been on this board for many years. It just happens that I forgot my credentials and I had more important issues to take care of in the past year than posting on a board with people like you.
What’s your previous screen name? right now there’s an inquiry in the #KTDT

I haven’t read through this stuff much but based on what I saw last night, Baker sucks, Rumph isn’t coaching them up and is starting Ivy so he’s not only a ****** recruiter but he’s not doing a good job on the coaching end and Banda isn’t anything special as a coach but he’s a really good recruiter so there’s that. And Patke can go and I’ll leave Stroud alone.
Yep. I’ve said Banda can recruit, just hasn't proven he can develop.

They keep putting him out there though. That’s a huge issue. Per LCE, and it’s become apparent, that’s all about valuing tenure and seniority over capabilities.
Definitely can’t argue that

Advertisement
Definitely can’t argue that
I don’t get some of these coaches and their need to prop up their achúlese heels. It costs them success and even careers at times and this is the same thing by Manny and this defensive staph.

If Dan Mullen got rid of Hevesy and Knox and added recruiters, Jed get to the next level at UiF. Golden and D’no, OC Mork and Jorn - literally, we get to the next level if Lashlee is Mork’s OC. Manny and Baker/Rumph/Patke. HC/DC/Rumph/Ivey. HC/DC/Patke/#53.

Has Manny fired one of his assistants on defense in his tenure as DC or HC? I know there some attrition due to promotions, but Im curious. It’s great he made the glaring & much needed change to the Offense, but hopefully he is unbiasedly continuously evaluating the whole staff. Not a fan of Baker or Rumph. Patke also seems like he is there cause he’s Manny’s guy. Wasted coaching spot IMO.

I don’t get some of these coaches and their need to prop up their achúlese heels. It costs them success and even careers at times and this is the same thing by Manny and this defensive staph.

If Dan Mullen got rid of Hevesy and Knox and added recruiters, Jed get to the next level at UiF. Golden and D’no, OC Mork and Jorn - literally, we get to the next level if Lashlee is Mork’s OC. Manny and Baker/Rumph/Patke. HC/DC/Rumph/Ivey. HC/DC/Patke/#53.
I feel you. Unfortunately with respect to players, I get it.

In the instance of Ivey, IF he’s a hard worker, I can see Manny valuing that because he’s trying to change the culture in the locker room.

Playing a talented but lazy player is rewarding him for not working hard and discouraging the player who does work hard. Then it creates a who bunch of players who aren’t rewarded for their efforts and now they’re slacking.

Not saying I know who, if any, isn’t working hard, but I get why he’s rewarding Ivey it that is in fact a reason.

Just sucks to have to watch him play starter snaps when I’m pretty confident if you gave Williams/Couch 2 games of starter snaps, they’d correct their mistakes and be much better.

As for Mullen, perfectly fine with him self-sabotaging his career in the name of the Gaytor.

I feel you. Unfortunately with respect to players, I get it.

In the instance of Ivey, IF he’s a hard worker, I can see Manny valuing that because he’s trying to change the culture in the locker room.

Playing a talented but lazy player is rewarding him for not working hard and discouraging the player who does work hard. Then it creates a who bunch of players who aren’t rewarded for their efforts and now they’re slacking.

Not saying I know who, if any, isn’t working hard, but I get why he’s rewarding Ivey it that is in fact a reason.

Just sucks to have to watch him play starter snaps when I’m pretty confident if you gave Williams/Couch 2 games of starter snaps, they’d correct their mistakes and be much better.

As for Mullen, perfectly fine with him self-sabotaging his career in the name of the Gaytor.
This is the thing though - why not get Couch and Williams reps and see how it goes. We know what we have with Ivey at CB and it isn’t working.

When Ivey was recruited, there were people saying he’s a diamond in the rough - a 3-4 star gem being slept on - I guess because he didn’t have tons of offers. Maybe we got exactly what most of the other programs probably saw???

Advertisement
This is the thing though - why not get Couch and Williams reps and see how it goes. We know what we have with Ivey at CB and it isn’t working.

When Ivey was recruited, there were people saying he’s a diamond in the rough - a 3-4 star gem being slept on - I guess because he didn’t have tons of offers. Maybe we got exactly what most of the other programs probably saw???
Ya that’s facts. This is where Manny’s seniority preference comes into play. While I hate it, I do think he’ll adjust. Game 1 is where seniority is most valuable. I expect Couch and Williams to get more snaps.

Manny needs to make the right decisions. What we are doing with our DB's and WR's simply is not working. I have not seen us make any progress in this area in the past 10 years. Is it all on the players??

Our DB's were making plays 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's totally unacceptable.

UAB hustled, played fast and played their asses off and were much better coached than us. Simple as that. We need to leave it all on the field. Great disappointment last night. Went to bed at half time.
Manny needs to make the right decisions. What we are doing with our DB's and WR's simply is not working. I have not seen us make any progress in this area in the past 10 years. Is it all on the players??

Our DB's were making plays 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's totally unacceptable.

UAB hustled, played fast and played their asses off and were much better coached than us. Simple as that. We need to leave it all on the field. Great disappointment last night. Went to bed at half time.
Rob Likens has coached 2 first round draft picks over the last 2 years. Before making a comment about the WR’s give them a chance. It’s only the 1st game and King only threw 16 passes and how many actually were thrown to the WR’s?

UAB hustled, played fast and played their asses off and were much better coached than us. Simple as that. We need to leave it all on the field. Great disappointment last night. Went to bed at half time

I have always been a fan. I can’t say anything positive right now. Can’t recruit (that is well documented). Doesn’t seem to be able to coach either (that has always been the case with Ivey who is atrocious but appears evident in Couch and Christian Williams). If you are the CBS coach at a major university, you need to either get the talent or develop the less talented. I didn’t see either from his group yesterday with the exception of Blades (who played good enough but not great against a subpar opponent).
How much is Rumph making and who is the next best alternative willing to take the same pay?

While we’re at it, Baker called a crappy game too as none of the blitzing stunts really worked and could have gashed us for serious points if playing against a decent opponent. Defensive side of the ball is a concern that didn’t exist in my mind all offseason. But Rumph needs to show why he is employed by our Canes.
What about Colbert, Corn, and Michael Jackson? In one year he got them all drafted or looking like top prospects.

Advertisement
I agree! The defensive scheme is just bad imo. The timing for their blitz packages is just bad.

Watch the video! Baker still doesn't cover the flats. He has our best pass rusher #15 covering v. carter on a wheel route. Same **** I saw in the condensed game vs uab. Baker must be fired. He is a trend folks. He sucks as a game day play caller.

Robert Knowles getting so much PT under Bandas watch tells us all we need to know. Rumph has developed several average CBs, exceeding expectations. His recruiting has not been so good, sure.
Got **** Rumph has an account on CIS

You sound ******* ridiculous defending Rumph, he’s a bum *** coach on all fronts

Advertisement
Back