Coach Rumph

Advertisement
I have always been a fan. I can’t say anything positive right now. Can’t recruit (that is well documented). Doesn’t seem to be able to coach either (that has always been the case with Ivey who is atrocious but appears evident in Couch and Christian Williams). If you are the CBS coach at a major university, you need to either get the talent or develop the less talented. I didn’t see either from his group yesterday with the exception of Blades (who played good enough but not great against a subpar opponent).
How much is Rumph making and who is the next best alternative willing to take the same pay?

While we’re at it, Baker called a crappy game too as none of the blitzing stunts really worked and could have gashed us for serious points if playing against a decent opponent. Defensive side of the ball is a concern that didn’t exist in my mind all offseason. But Rumph needs to show why he is employed by our Canes.

Advertisement
Shall we discuss now or later? I want to see something
The focus should be be on Banda aNd Patke (with his **** poor special teams). And before you deflect in defense of Banda, tell me who he has both recruited and developed at safety... I will wait. Oh, make no mistake... Bolden came because of his high school teammates, not Banda.

The focus should be be on Banda aNd Patke (with his **** poor special teams). And before you deflect in defense of Banda, tell me who he has both recruited and developed at safety... I will wait. Oh, make no mistake... Bolden came because of his high school teammates, not Banda.
Safety play has been good as long as he's been here. Not sure who he has specifically recruited, but if you go by 247 sports recruiter rankings, he is always near the top of the list for our teams recruiting. Right now he's got a 5 star Williams and 4 star Kinchens commited for the 2021 class as well. Last year, Avantae, one of the top 1-2 safeties available in that class. Not sure what you're complaining about? The bartender jokes are good, but yeah, our corner play is vastly worse than safety play, so not sure who is at fault, but seems like you'd blame the cornerbacks coach in Rumph...

Safety play has been good as long as he's been here. Not sure who he has specifically recruited, but if you go by 247 sports recruiter rankings, he is always near the top of the list for our teams recruiting. Right now he's got a 5 star Williams and 4 star Kinchens commited for the 2021 class as well. Last year, Avantae, one of the top 1-2 safeties available in that class. Not sure what you're complaining about? The bartender jokes are good, but yeah, our corner play is vastly worse than safety play, so not sure who is at fault, but seems like you'd blame the cornerbacks coach in Rumph...
Robert Knowles getting so much PT under Bandas watch tells us all we need to know. Rumph has developed several average CBs, exceeding expectations. His recruiting has not been so good, sure.

Advertisement
Increase the talent and you never have to worry about Knowles, Ragone, or Few seeing meaningful snaps.....depth chart should be getting fixed by 2022 season

Safety play is hardly an issue. Thought Hall, in particular, played well. Didn't see an issue with special teams other than Pope's shaky play.

Manny needs to make the right decisions. What we are doing with our DB's and WR's simply is not working. I have not seen us make any progress in this area in the past 10 years. Is it all on the players??

Our DB's were making plays 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's totally unacceptable.

UAB hustled, played fast and played their asses off and were much better coached than us. Simple as that. We need to leave it all on the field. Great disappointment last night. Went to bed at half time.

Safety play is hardly an issue. Thought Hall, in particular, played well. Didn't see an issue with special teams other than Pope's shaky play.
It was UAB, So sure, it was good last night, outside of bonehead Carter.

Advertisement
Manny needs to make the right decisions. What we are doing with our DB's and WR's simply is not working. I have not seen us make any progress in this area in the past 10 years. Is it all on the players??

Our DB's were making plays 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's totally unacceptable.

UAB hustled, played fast and played their asses off and were much better coached than us. Simple as that. We need to leave it all on the field. Great disappointment last night. Went to bed at half time.
You've managed to become one the bottom tier posters on this site in just one day of having an account. Really impressive stuff.

Advertisement
Baker looks like he's on the Green Mile and could be gone by mid seasonif Manny has to take over again...
Rumph could follow at the end of the season

Awful recruiter but teaching wise I can’t be mad based on last night. Ivey clearly doesn’t learn from his mistakes, and short slants/soft spots that are open are more a scheme issue than anything. They’ve been open since Manny got to UM.

Bruh. WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING IVEY?! why play 10 yards off a receiver if you stand flat-footed until they reach you and then turn around and try and recover. No back pedal nothing, just statue until the receiver hits me going full speed. Never turns his head, never reads eyes or fights hands.

"But the bartender and his squad! "

Advertisement
Back