Coach Rumph

Advertisement
It’s Coach Baker on a broader level, some of the stuff he’s does is maddening
Just curious what Baker has to do with Ivey constantly getting spun around and out of position to make a play on the ball.

My only complaint about Baker is softening up the coverage on 3rd and long.... but you almost have to do that to play to our CBs strength and keep the play in front of them. They both get lost on the boundary and let average QBs drop balls right in over their heads because they don’t turn when they see the WR going for the ball.

The DBs are playing not to get beat, they have no confidence in their trail technique.. Micheal Jackson was the best corner in recent years that had real confidence when it came to playing the ball in the air and not worrying about the WR. He was confident

Doesn't the DC dictate weather we press or play off? I'm pretty sure Rumph doesn't make those decisions.
Playing Captain obvious here- Managing is a 2 way street. The DC manages the Defense, but is also true that the Defensive coaches also manage the DC. If you don't also manage your Manager, you are not doing things right.

DC's are very busy people. If you have a good Defensive Coach that knows what the **** he is doing-- ie., develop talent, maximize talent, effort, etc., that coach will not only get the DC's ears through the respect he's earned, he will also get a longer leash on what he wants to do with his players. DC doesn't have to worry about him for they're on the same page.

DC's focus on the biggest bang for the buck. Rumph was a good player but he is a lousy coach and recruiter. Look at the products he produces.

Advertisement
@caneinorlando yhis board just picks targets. Remember when the bartender needed to go. Ivy is trash. No one is fixing that but blades so far has had a better career than Tyson Campbell the kid the board still worships.
I’m not rumph fan but he coaches a position where so fla kids have been taking big bags. Marshall coach sabotaged his commitment becaue he got paid too lol

Just curious what Baker has to do with Ivey constantly getting spun around and out of position to make a play on the ball.

My only complaint about Baker is softening up the coverage on 3rd and long.... but you almost have to do that to play to our CBs strength and keep the play in front of them. They both get lost on the boundary and let average QBs drop balls right in over their heads because they don’t turn when they see the WR going for the ball.
UM CBs not doing any bump and run/press man coverage is most likely due to scheme and not Rumph cant teach it. Rumph is teaching the corners what Baker wants them to do, not giving Rumph a pass cause I think UM can do better. Our CBs are on the bigger side, but we don't use their strengths. The scheme puts Ivey at a major disadvantage.

By leading the teams in tackles and being all over the field yesterday, do u actually watch the games?
Against UAB? One game makes him good all of the sudden? UAB is your standard for evaluation?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Age isn’t UAB? One game makes him good all of the sudden? UAB is your standard for evaluation?
UAB is the first game of the season, that's who UM happen to play. If your gonna cry why don't you wait until UM plays someone a little better. Hall led the teams in tackles last year, and UAB happens to be thier first opponent this year. Tour just making yourself look stupid. First you complain about me making an evaluation becuase they UM played UAB, then you make an evaluation of your own 😂😂😂, go take a nap.

UAB is the first game of the season, that's who UM happen to play. If your gonna cry why don't you wait until UM plays someone a little better. Hall led the teams in tackles last year, and UAB happens to be thier first opponent this year. Tour just making yourself look stupid. First you complain about me making an evaluation becuase they UM played UAB, then you make an evaluation of your own 😂😂😂, go take a nap.
crying? You’re the one claiming Hall is good by his body of work against UAB, to justify how good a coach Banda is, but now you want to backpedal and tell me to wait for more teams when we have a previous body of work that tells us average at best? I am the one crying? Good one!

crying? You’re the one claiming Hall is good by his body of work against UAB, to justify how good a coach Banda is, but now you want to backpedal and tell me to wait for more teams when we have a previous body of work that tells us average at best? I am the one crying? Good one!
You are crying, you still haven't explained to me how he is not good, you are just spouting bs.

You are crying, you still haven't explained to me how he is not good, you are just spouting bs.
You must love talking in circles. You use Hall as your ace card to explain how awesome Banda is as a safeties coach, then you claim Hall was so awesome against powerhouse UAB, ignoring his average body of work that is his career to date, then you say, “wait and see“ after more than one game. Your circular logic is failing. If Hall is your ace card to justify now good of a safeties coach Banda is, you aren’t being objective. Take a pause and think a little deeper with your orange and green glasses off.

Advertisement
You must love talking in circles. You use Hall as your ace card to explain how awesome Banda is as a safeties coach, then you claim Hall was so awesome against powerhouse UAB, ignoring his average body of work that is his career to date, then you say, “wait and see“ after more than one game. Your circular logic is failing. If Hall is your ace card to justify now good of a safeties coach Banda is, you aren’t being objective. Take a pause and think a little deeper with your orange and green glasses off.
No dumbass, I used some of the guys he has in the NFL, some of the future talents he is bringing in, he is our best recruiter on staff, then I used Hall. Your just to dumb enough to read.

Doesn't the DC dictate weather we press or play off? I'm pretty sure Rumph doesn't make those decisions.

The DC most certainly does as he builds the defense to play their roles in what he wants to call. Playing off the ball, it certainly favors the offense, in particular when it's man coverage rather than zone. It also allows a lot of underneath stuff to work for the offense.

I don't understand why they played off the ball as much as they did. I'm hoping it was because they didn't know what they had on the DL and at the LB'er spot. By keeping the corners back, it allowed for them to keep the plays in front of them by and large with secondary help, in particular on running plays. That certainly doesn't help defend passing plays when your corner is on an island out there, but maybe that was the thinking.

Advertisement
No dumbass, I used some of the guys he has in the NFL, some of the future talents he is bringing in, he is our best recruiter on staff, then I used Hall. Your just to dumb enough to read.
Dumbass? I asked who he both recruited and sent to the league. JJ was here before he arrived. Hall was your ace card. Wow!

@RVACane please mercy ban this guy
Ban someone who you disagree with that exposed someone for claiming Banda was good for Hall’s average career performance? Let’s be objective here. If anyone should be banned for breaking the rules, it should be the person throwing out the personal attacks because they can’t handle a different opinion.

Ban someone who you disagree with that exposed someone for claiming Banda was good for Hall’s average career performance? Let’s be objective here. If anyone should be banned for breaking the rules, it should be the person throwing out the personal attacks because they can’t handle a different opinion.
I haven’t read through this stuff much but based on what I saw last night, Baker sucks, Rumph isn’t coaching them up and is starting Ivy so he’s not only a ****** recruiter but he’s not doing a good job on the coaching end and Banda isn’t anything special as a coach but he’s a really good recruiter so there’s that. And Patke can go and I’ll leave Stroud alone.

Advertisement
Back