**Coach Rumph recruiting**

Im simply asking for progress losing out on so many AH kids has to speak alittle to how limited he is at recruiting. I can also argue that the reason the DBs have done better is bc of our front 7 play. Also we were torched by several mid level qbs. I concede he is a decent instructional coach but he definitely lacking in other aspects of college coaching.
I think “several” is a gross exaggeration.

Perhaps handful is more accurate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude cant recruit lets just keep this **** trill man, it is what it is. Whats done is done and u cant change whats happened so the proof is there that hes not good at it what more is there to say

Woodside, benkert, hornibrook, guy from nc, kelly w.e.

The WIsconsin and Clemson QBs had excellent games.

Woodside had one good half when we were sluggish after a long layoff and no practice time after Irma but was shut down after the half. Same with the QB from Virginia who started on fire but completed less than half his passes in the second half.

The UNC QB was 16-39 with 1 TD and 3 INTs.

There was some sporadic success during the regular season but it was limited and adjusted to beautifully. The rest of the games we were dominant.

Again, several is an exaggeration.

Advertisement
And to add insult to injury, if you watch the replay, it seems like Reed was actually jogging until he realized that Fields caught the ball.
That's probably why he got benched the next week. Fields was too fast to leave Rumph alone on him at that point in the game. So unless MonkeyBoy Schilano is a bigger braindead moron than I give him credit for Reed fvcked that thing up. And you’re right, he got caught loafing on that throw.

I don’t know if that point reed is a known as a master ball hawker. Was he a rs freshman? And you do know how rumph played him is exactly how you play man defense, with his back to the qb. And I agree, if reed is playing deep safety, they probably don’t win. But my guess is that was a read or decision at the los. He probably never even makes the throw if reed is back there, so, to say reed would have picked it off is probably not accurate as he probably never makes that throw.

Oh, good lord, you're going to argue about this? It is not Ed Reed's "reputation" at that time that is the issue, it was his production. No, he was not a RS freshman, he was a RS sophomore. And as a RS freshman, he was a FRESHMAN ALL-AMERICAN. He started every game as a RS freshman. Not to mention the fact that ON THE PRECEDING DRIVE he just had an interception.

Second, I'm not arguing that Rumph played poorly, I am just pointing out that (a) he missed the tackle, (b) his back was to the QB and the QB barely cleared Reed with the pass, and (c) the way the pass was thrown, Ed Reed could have easily stepped in without colliding with Rumph. I am not knocking Rumph's coverage, I was pointing out that he wasn't "burned on a go route", he just could not react in a way to intercept the ball in the same way that Reed could have.

As for your garbage about "read or decision at the LOS", I don't give a ****, that is just some nonsense that you are spewing to disguise the fact that you haven't taken into account a single factor about CONTEXT. There was 1:52 left, Ped State had no timeouts, they were 80 yards from the end zone. Our defense had destroyed Ped State since early in the 3rd quarter. They were NOT going to run at that point.

As for "he never would have thrown it if Reed was back there", that's nonsense. It was a throw to the sideline, BUT IT WAS POORLY AND WEAKLY THROWN. That's why Reed would have picked it off, not because of his positioning, but because if he was not coming from the line of scrimmage, he could have easily closed on that wounded duck of a throw.

That's probably why he got benched the next week. Fields was too fast to leave Rumph alone on him at that point in the game. So unless MonkeyBoy Schilano is a bigger braindead moron than I give him credit for Reed fvcked that thing up. And you’re right, he got caught loafing on that throw.

Reed sat for loafing and missing the tackle. Schiano called that defense, though.

In the same way that Sandusky made every effort to instruct his defense on the 4th down stop, all that Schiano would have had to do is EXPLICITLY tell the DBs to allow underneath completions, and we could have run the clock down. Ped State had no timeouts by that point and 80 yards to go. Up until that play, Ped State had completed all of 15 passes for 167 yards and one interception. And they had 110 yards rushing, with 2 fumbles. There was NO REASON to crowd the line of scrimmage in that situation. ****, we didn't even need to rush 4.

Ridiculous.

Advertisement
Gotdammit, I just watched the replay again.

Reed absolutely started running faster AFTER Fields made the CATCH. It's crystal clear.

I'm not thrilled with Ed's effort on the play, but he never should have been at the line of scrimmage. Even if he crowded the LOS solely on his own, Schiano should have drilled everyone on down-distance-time left-no timeouts. There should have been ZERO confusion about what to do in that situation. We were sitting on 3 timeouts, if Schiano needed a team meeting, he could have had one.

Reed was not at the los near the d end. Watch when they break the huddle. The 2 safeties aren’t on the screen b/c they are back and then the other safety comes into view on the slot guy to the qb’s right meaning reed is still back more than 10 yards off the ball, maybe in the center of the field. Maybe that was the defense schiano called. Whatever. And rumph in man is supposed to turn his back to the qb and run with the wr and watch wr eyes and hands to turn or knock the ball away. You don’t look back at the qb while the play is going on in man. If I had to guess, reed got caught out of position and had a bad angle. One of the few mistakes he made while at UM.

He wasn’t at the los. If he was at the los at the snap of the ball he wouldn’t have been near the wr. Watch when we break the huddle. The 2 safeties disappear out of the screen and then the left safety comes up to the slot to the QB’s right. Reed doesn’t come back into the picture until after the ball is caught. There is ZERO chance sciano calls any defense where he brings the safeties up to the los and leaves his cbs man with no safety Help winning the game under 2 mins. That isn’t reed at the los. Stop it.

Rumph turned a guy people thought was transferring in Mike Jackson into possibly the 1st corner off the board in 2019. Guy can coach.

Agreed. Rumph has done a good job developing the talent he's had (which IMO has been middling by Miami standards).

Advertisement
The WIsconsin and Clemson QBs had excellent games.

Woodside had one good half when we were sluggish after a long layoff and no practice time after Irma but was shut down after the half. Same with the QB from Virginia who started on fire but completed less than half his passes in the second half.

The UNC QB was 16-39 with 1 TD and 3 INTs.

There was some sporadic success during the regular season but it was limited and adjusted to beautifully. The rest of the games we were dominant.

Again, several is an exaggeration.
Your right guys, who am I kidding Rumph is up there with Saban and Belichick when it comes to coaching DB's lol come on be honest u guys are boys. Or you've just been so scorn by the last 12 seasons that you think average is great. Think about what your saying Hornibrook an awful qb dominated us and a Toledo qb dominated us for a half smh my bad I thought we were the U. How are u satisfied with that? Its fine big dog u settle for average and I strive for elite. Agree to disagree. Hope Rumph succeeds but that seems like a long shot hola when we miss out on Elam, Battle, Smith, Steele, Dent, etc

Que linda, you sure ur bf Rumph aint gonna get jealous of you cyberstalking me lol looking at my post history lmao G **** straighten ur life out bruh. You aint gotta read what i post. Or are u "trolling" me? LOL
cornball... back to thread topic.. coach has a nice set of young guys to develop. He develops them and continues then he will get some recruits.. I'm just of a different mindset. I coach and know it isn't easy. Girls like you just post on the internet for giggles.

Advertisement
cornball... back to thread topic.. coach has a nice set of young guys to develop. He develops them and continues then he will get some recruits.. I'm just of a different mindset. I coach and know it isn't easy. Girls like you just post on the internet for giggles.
Ok Coach dont comment on my post. God bless those kids you are mentoring. Goodluck with that.

Rumph turned a guy people thought was transferring in Mike Jackson into possibly the 1st corner off the board in 2019. Guy can coach.

only people that thought mj was transferrring was idiots. Michael Jackson was in the rotation from his freshman year...and was so good they just threw Redwine to safety because he had more value as a cb than Redwine did.

Advertisement
Back