**Coach Rumph recruiting**

Advertisement
Let the past go! Campbell and Surtain wanted to leave Florida and both at least considered Canes because of Rumph. We are fine at DB for years due to talent pool in South Florida. Stephenson Howard Richards should be the focus because we lose Johnson Redwine Dean and Jackson.

UGA bought Campbell's services
Not even a question at this point.

Coley is a buyer, not a seller. Let's not forget his entry into the world of College Sports involved shady shenanigans when he was at Norland. There's a reason his recruiting gell off when he came to UM, and also why Jimbo wants him at TAMU BAD.

Advertisement
Similar to your **** contribution about Coach Rumph. You have been on here a month. Trolls gonna trolls
Thats funny, all of you simpletons have the same answer when someone has a different point of you. Troll lol your a joke man. But I do admire you protecting your boyfriend Rumph, good job sweety.

I'm pretty sure a more accurate quote from coach Rumph would be "we treat receivers like female dogs". Either translation has a nice ring to it.

Sounds like Rumph is doing a great job with this kid. It's tough for me to like him ever since the Penn State game his Jr. year where I sat in a downpour at the OB only to see Chaffie Fields beat him on a go route for the winning TD. Yep, I hold grudges.

So much wrong with this post...yes it rained, but it wasn't exactly a "downpour"...the Penn State game took place when Rumph was a sophomore...the route that Chafie Fields ran was a 20 yard slant to the sideline...Rumph was not "beat" badly on coverage, the coverage was tight, but he did not make the tackle and Ed Reed missed a later chance to bring Fields down...you can clearly see that Reed is much too close to the line of scrimmage, and he has to run the entire distance just to get close to making a tackle...Fields had 55 yards after the catch...and we can never forget that it was Schiano's defensive call that put Ed Reed up near the line of scrimmage, instead of 2-deep coverage, leaving sophomore Rumph all alone against a much taller Fields...and let's not forget Butch's decision to go for it on 4th and 2 right before this play, instead of taking the FG and going up 6, since we had nearly 2 minutes after the Fields TD to get into position to retake the lead.

I was at the game. I’m pretty sure we got a horrible spot on the 4th and 2. Jackson clearly got the 1st down if I remember.
Rumph played him well, was a split second late getting his head around or else he would have got a hand on the ball. It was a perfect throw by a mediocre qb. And I doubt, with 79 yards to go, sciano had him man with zero help from the safety deep. I think a young reed got caught out of position and with a bad angle.
I place most of the blame on reed, if indeed it was a cover 2.

Advertisement
I was at the game. I’m pretty sure we got a horrible spot on the 4th and 2. Jackson clearly got the 1st down if I remember.
Rumph played him well, was a split second late getting his head around or else he would have got a hand on the ball. It was a perfect throw by a mediocre qb. And I doubt, with 79 yards to go, sciano had him man with zero help from the safety deep. I think a young reed got caught out of position and with a bad angle.
I place most of the blame on reed, if indeed it was a cover 2.

I was there. My seats were in the "young alum" section, which was on the Penn State side, down around the 20. I specifically remember seeing Fields in his pre-game warmups and being concerned about his size vs. our young (and somewhat smaller) DBs. I even commented to my best friend that Fields would be trouble.

As for the defensive call, and Ed Reed's positioning, look at the video I provided. Pre-snap, Ed Reed walks up almost to the line of scrimmage. As the ball is snapped, he is almost on the left hip of the right-side defensive end. That is not "caught out of position", that is "insanely positioned in the wrong spot by a defensive coordinator who was trying to hard to fake a blitz look".

Bad angle? Sure, when you are trying to run back to a safety position, from the middle of the defensive line spot all the way out to the sideline 30 yards downfield.

Again, multiple things contributed. Bad decision by Butch to go for a first down rather than take a FG. Bad spot on the 4th down play. But the most preventable aspect of all was Schiano letting Reed walk up to the line of scrimmage instead of providing deep coverage against Fields. Honestly, what do you expect is going to happen with a sophomore CB going up against an older and taller WR? Even if Rumph makes the tackle, it's a gain of 30. But if you put master ball-hawker Ed Reed back there, he can undercut that wounded-duck throw, make a pick, and score a TD to ice the game.

Seriously, watch the video. Even coming from the line of scrimmage, Reed is within 10 yards at the time of the catch, with very little angle to run Fields down. Contrast what would have happened on that throw if Reed is coming from his deep outside safety spot. Fields caught the ball mid-body, the height factor was not why he made that catch, it was because Rumph was turned around with his back to the ball and lunging at Fields. If you let Reed come in from deep, he snatches that ball before it ever clears Rumph, and it goes the other way for Miami.

Schiano's fault. Too aggressive on a first down play. They had 79 and a half yards to go in 1:52, and we had stonewalled their offense in the second half. One of my Top 10 angriest sports moments as a UM student/alum/fan.

OK, here is the full video of the game. Of interesting note, just before Miami's 4th down effort, the cameras spend an extended amount of time filming one of those rare moments when Jerry Sandusky was not raping a young boy. He appears to be involve in an alternate activity known as "coaching", but it also seems like he manages to give some brief instruction on how to fist a guy.

Anyhow, as was customary in the 80s and 90s, we never get a good replay on a call that goes against Miami (the 4th down spot), and please note that Schiano is standing right next to Butch (i.e., he was not up in the box).

Reed is almost a defensive lineman at the snap. Keep in mind, on the prior Ped State possession, it was Reed who made the interception. IF ONLY he had been in his safety position at the snap, Ped State would have never won that game.

A few other notes. Ped State had ZERO timeouts when they took over. There is no way they have time to waste on running plays. Why Reed was up near the line is inexplicable.

Also, Miami had TWO more drives in the final 1:45, and Kenny Kelly threw horrible interceptions on both drives.

Ponderous.

Last edited:
So much wrong with this post...yes it rained, but it wasn't exactly a "downpour"...the Penn State game took place when Rumph was a sophomore...the route that Chafie Fields ran was a 20 yard slant to the sideline...Rumph was not "beat" badly on coverage, the coverage was tight, but he did not make the tackle and Ed Reed missed a later chance to bring Fields down...you can clearly see that Reed is much too close to the line of scrimmage, and he has to run the entire distance just to get close to making a tackle...Fields had 55 yards after the catch...and we can never forget that it was Schiano's defensive call that put Ed Reed up near the line of scrimmage, instead of 2-deep coverage, leaving sophomore Rumph all alone against a much taller Fields...and let's not forget Butch's decision to go for it on 4th and 2 right before this play, instead of taking the FG and going up 6, since we had nearly 2 minutes after the Fields TD to get into position to retake the lead.

Reed got benched the next game, so Booch Davis must have thought Reed was to blame.

Thats funny, all of you simpletons have the same answer when someone has a different point of you. Troll lol your a joke man. But I do admire you protecting your boyfriend Rumph, good job sweety.
I was one of the first people to get on the fire runph banner campaign. But the dude has coached our secondary very well and something many people on here are underestimating. 3 dudes last year would be selling cars if it wasn’t for rumph. JJ and Jackson might go next year. 2 dudes no one wanted on this team when they committed. Someone I know asked Rayshawn and Colbert about rumph all had very high praise of his coaching and said they owed him a lot. It changed my mind.

Advertisement

Lol admiration is the simplest form of flattery **** boy! Like I said I don't care, but its funny how you've been on here a month and your posts are dog ****. Go look at your last 10 posts ain't saying ****!!!

Now post away crackhead Joe..

I was there. My seats were in the "young alum" section, which was on the Penn State side, down around the 20. I specifically remember seeing Fields in his pre-game warmups and being concerned about his size vs. our young (and somewhat smaller) DBs. I even commented to my best friend that Fields would be trouble.

As for the defensive call, and Ed Reed's positioning, look at the video I provided. Pre-snap, Ed Reed walks up almost to the line of scrimmage. As the ball is snapped, he is almost on the left hip of the right-side defensive end. That is not "caught out of position", that is "insanely positioned in the wrong spot by a defensive coordinator who was trying to hard to fake a blitz look".

Bad angle? Sure, when you are trying to run back to a safety position, from the middle of the defensive line spot all the way out to the sideline 30 yards downfield.

Again, multiple things contributed. Bad decision by Butch to go for a first down rather than take a FG. Bad spot on the 4th down play. But the most preventable aspect of all was Schiano letting Reed walk up to the line of scrimmage instead of providing deep coverage against Fields. Honestly, what do you expect is going to happen with a sophomore CB going up against an older and taller WR? Even if Rumph makes the tackle, it's a gain of 30. But if you put master ball-hawker Ed Reed back there, he can undercut that wounded-duck throw, make a pick, and score a TD to ice the game.

Seriously, watch the video. Even coming from the line of scrimmage, Reed is within 10 yards at the time of the catch, with very little angle to run Fields down. Contrast what would have happened on that throw if Reed is coming from his deep outside safety spot. Fields caught the ball mid-body, the height factor was not why he made that catch, it was because Rumph was turned around with his back to the ball and lunging at Fields. If you let Reed come in from deep, he snatches that ball before it ever clears Rumph, and it goes the other way for Miami.

Schiano's fault. Too aggressive on a first down play. They had 79 and a half yards to go in 1:52, and we had stonewalled their offense in the second half. One of my Top 10 angriest sports moments as a UM student/alum/fan.

I don’t know if that point reed is a known as a master ball hawker. Was he a rs freshman? And you do know how rumph played him is exactly how you play man defense, with his back to the qb. And I agree, if reed is playing deep safety, they probably don’t win. But my guess is that was a read or decision at the los. He probably never even makes the throw if reed is back there, so, to say reed would have picked it off is probably not accurate as he probably never makes that throw.

And you’re wrong, that’s not reed up by the fight d end. Watch when the break huddle. Sorry my man, that isn’t reed. Reed is the deep safety over the middle.

Advertisement
I was at that game. It absolutely was a downpour or close to it the whole time.

Lol admiration is the simplest form of flattery **** boy! Like I said I don't care, but its funny how you've been on here a month and your posts are dog ****. Go look at your last 10 posts ain't saying ****!!!

Now post away crackhead Joe..
Que linda, you sure ur bf Rumph aint gonna get jealous of you cyberstalking me lol looking at my post history lmao G **** straighten ur life out bruh. You aint gotta read what i post. Or are u "trolling" me? LOL

I was one of the first people to get on the fire runph banner campaign. But the dude has coached our secondary very well and something many people on here are underestimating. 3 dudes last year would be selling cars if it wasn’t for rumph. JJ and Jackson might go next year. 2 dudes no one wanted on this team when they committed. Someone I know asked Rayshawn and Colbert about rumph all had very high praise of his coaching and said they owed him a lot. It changed my mind.
Im simply asking for progress losing out on so many AH kids has to speak alittle to how limited he is at recruiting. I can also argue that the reason the DBs have done better is bc of our front 7 play. Also we were torched by several mid level qbs. I concede he is a decent instructional coach but he definitely lacking in other aspects of college coaching.

Advertisement
Back