**Coach Rumph recruiting**

Advertisement
Coley was hampered by Golden here. My friend coached two kids who i got there film to coley. he got one an offer, the other kid Golden wouldnt give an offer and the kid is rated a top 5 player at his position in this draft.

Seems like everyone on the D staff has been hamstrung by the previous regime. That stink is gonna take a few years to wash off. Those defenses were laughable. We need some high profile dominant performances before we start getting who we want/need. I do think Rumph may have poisoned the well ****ting on the previous regime to the AH kids. Made it a steeper climb for himself. I think his recruiting will catch up to his coaching ability. Time will tell...

Go Canes!

Coley was hampered by Golden here. My friend coached two kids who i got there film to coley. he got one an offer, the other kid Golden wouldnt give an offer and the kid is rated a top 5 player at his position in this draft.

I think Coley was hampered more by not having the large bags he's had at FSU and UGA...it's amazing how great a recruiter you become when your coming through the door with keys to a new car or a copy of a mortgage that was just paid off.

I think Coley was hampered more by not having the large bags he's had at FSU and UGA...it's amazing how great a recruiter you become when your coming through the door with keys to a new car or a copy of a mortgage that was just paid off.

I think we have a winner here. It's a lot easier to recruit when you got the duffel bags of cash to back it up.

Advertisement
Don't think so. Classy kid, classy family according to all we hear. My question with him and with Surtain for that matter is was Rumph's long history with the families all the way from little league a thing that caused Rumph to lose his focus on what he's paid to do. In those previous roles he was their coach and advisor. You can bet he was a counselor to Michel and other players on his teams. Consider all you options etc. That's what he was paid to do. Now he's paid to represent one school and give reasons why all others are vastly inferior. Recruiting is hard sell. Hard to switch hats. Counting on recruiters with high school history has been a mixed bag for us. Ice at BTW, Gulliver, and Southridge are examples. This is just another Rumph theory of course. Steele will still be a good test.

It blows my mind there are people who follow recruiting and still don't believe schools like Bama, GA, and Clemson buy recruits. Sure, Surtain probably didn't get bought (a major reason why GA didn't even recruit Surtain, but was all over Tyson), but Tyson certainly did. Even most GA fans acknowledge it.

Coley didn't become some miracle salesman overnight. You give him the "resources" that GA has, ad he'll get results. Without boosters paying six figures+, it's much harder to recruit

Rumph needs to step up his game I don't care what is his method or pitch. The truth is the only thing that matters is the end product. He needs to pull a truly elite talent this year or he has to go. If he was an elite instructional coach but lagged in recruiting I would keep him and if he lagged on the instructional aspect but was an elite recruiter I would keep him. But the truth is he is a decent coach and a way below average recruiter. Now if his CB's play great on the field this year or we pull someone like Steele he should be safe. Progress needs to be made because missing out on the those AH kids are serious red flags.

P.S. to all you Rumph D pullers, facts are facts, I want him to succeed that means the team is doing well but know that at any other school with an elite football program he would have been fired or at the very least demoted for missing on those kids. One of if not the main reason he was hired here was to help start that AH pipeline and lets not get it twisted he hasnt been laying the pipe.

It blows my mind there are people who follow recruiting and still don't believe schools like Bama, GA, and Clemson buy recruits. Sure, Surtain probably didn't get bought (a major reason why GA didn't even recruit Surtain, but was all over Tyson), but Tyson certainly did. Even most GA fans acknowledge it.

Coley didn't become some miracle salesman overnight. You give him the "resources" that GA has, ad he'll get results. Without boosters paying six figures+, it's much harder to recruit
i think it was dewayne allen who said aftera game at clemson he was making alot of money. end of the day, if you are a midwest or sec school and not miami or usc, you're good. no one cares

Advertisement
Rumph isn't a salesman like Coley - which is good and bad in some cases. Rumph is a better coach by far than Coley, but Coley is a salesman and gets the 5 star kids (did with Campbell). I'm hoping that Rumph gets better in that aspect. If he pulls in Steele from USC country, then it would be a nice feather in his cap.

I think Rumph will end up being a really good recruiter, I hope he turns the corner this year!

If you're referring to me you are not being fair. My point is that in the case of Campbell I think we just got out recruited. Campbell never gave us any indication that he was coming and a lot of signs he wasn't. Of course there are bags I just don't think here.

I see Rumph in my local Publix all the time. Looking at his wife, homeboy can recruit just fine.

Lane Kiffin and James Franklin both go by that theory, but I don't think it counts if you were an NFL player because that makes it way easier to bag a hot wife. I didn't even realize he got remarried though.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaa...franklin-looking-few-hot-wives-160107520.html
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...-lane-kiffin-coaches-recruiting-wives-divorce

I think Rumph will end up being a really good recruiter, I hope he turns the corner this year!
hope he can be a good recruiter because this dude has shown me he can coach kids up.
i think rumph has to realize kids today are softer than kids he played with. more sensitive, want retweets on twitter, likes in the gram, etc

Advertisement
Rumph needs to step up his game I don't care what is his method or pitch. The truth is the only thing that matters is the end product. He needs to pull a truly elite talent this year or he has to go. If he was an elite instructional coach but lagged in recruiting I would keep him and if he lagged on the instructional aspect but was an elite recruiter I would keep him. But the truth is he is a decent coach and a way below average recruiter. Now if his CB's play great on the field this year or we pull someone like Steele he should be safe. Progress needs to be made because missing out on the those AH kids are serious red flags.

P.S. to all you Rumph D pullers, facts are facts, I want him to succeed that means the team is doing well but know that at any other school with an elite football program he would have been fired or at the very least demoted for missing on those kids. One of if not the main reason he was hired here was to help start that AH pipeline and lets not get it twisted he hasnt been laying the pipe.
I
Rumph's job is just as safe as Richts job. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon so just get used to it...

**France fighting wars**
**Derrick Rose's ability to stay healthy**
**Chuck Knoblauch throwing to 1st base**
**Whoever made the call to pass the ball on the 1 yard line in Super Bowl XLIX**
**David Hogg in an arm wrestling competition**

I
Rumph's job is just as safe as Richts job. He ain't going anywhere an
I
Rumph's job is just as safe as Richts job. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon so just get used to it...
That maybe true but if that turns out to be fact than the UGA fans might be right about Richt. Rumph needs to progress as a recruiter we cant keep missing on guys. That goes for any coach thats why it didnt bother me all that much when kul left. And while we are doing a better job of keeping guys home we are still missing out on elite talent in positions of need.

Advertisement
**France fighting wars**
**Derrick Rose's ability to stay healthy**
**Chuck Knoblauch throwing to 1st base**
**Whoever made the call to pass the ball on the 1 yard line in Super Bowl XLIX**
**David Hogg in an arm wrestling competition**
Steve Sax throwing to first base (From Second Base)

What do you do for a living? I want to evaluate you.

Advertisement
Back