Coach Richt not happy with offense today

That was great.

It's time to get urgent.

UM hasn't won **** in 15 years. No more soft *** Golden and Shannon coddling the players every fall camp until we get smacked in the mouth and don't know how to respond

Advertisement
Sounds like we're working on installs for FSU & one of the QB's is making the wrong decision in the 1min Offense.

The thing Mark & Jon preach to the QB's is do exactly what they ask them to do, they don't like freelancing & improvisational Quarterbacking, they want it done their way & they want it done right.

I'm guessing that's what has kept the QB race open all this time, none of these guys seem to be able to just the run the Offense the way they're supposed to.
You're absolutely right about them wanting things done exactly the way they say. I just hope Rick doesn't get too robotic in his approach. Some of the most successful college QBs of the last several years are guys who can improvise. If you get too robotic in your approach you might take that away.

I'm going to side with Richt knowing what he's doing here, he's coached the following QBs:
Charlie Ward - Heisman Trophy Winner
Chris Weinke - Hesiman Trophy Winner
Matthew Stafford- #1 Overall Pick
I don't see why it seems people are unable to accept Richt is imperfect and will always be. It's like he must be protected at all costs until he comes out and, like the good, straighforward man he is, says it himself. This is the same as last season. Nothing was Richt's fault until the guy literally said "yeah, I was rusty." I guess it's the tendency for message boards to be about extremes, but here are the counterarguments to your comments:

Charlie Ward - 1993 (24 years ago)
Chris Weinke - 2000 (as a 28 year old man)
Matthew Stafford - NFL draft is a measure of prospect potential and Richt/Stafford lost 3 games the season Stafford was drafted #1

I think what Richt is doing makes perfect sense, especially for inexperienced QBs. He wants them prepared. He knows more about QBs than probably everyone on this board combined. We can discuss potential flaws, though. I bet he'd be the first to admit he's imperfect in his ways.

80% of the time the play goes exactly as you draw it up. Being able to make something happen on the 20% of plays where something goes wrong is absolutely meaningless if you are unable to execute the 80%.

I just like the fact he's not throwing blame!!....he straight up put himself and the rest of the coaches under the bus too!! ACCOUNTABILITY!!!previous staph havent held themselves to.

Agolden said "it starts with me" unless u forgot

I remember. However, Richt went beyond that and included everyone. It was stark in its similarity and its contrast. Richt didn't stop at "its on me" like Golden did. Richt ripped everyone. There was no butt left unchewed and that is the public version we got to see!

The Brian Kelly version of this woulda been...

"These guys suck, they can't do anything right & when they lose games this season I'll remind them it's their fault."

"And for the record, it's got nothing to do with me".

Advertisement
Sounds like we're working on installs for FSU & one of the QB's is making the wrong decision in the 1min Offense.

The thing Mark & Jon preach to the QB's is do exactly what they ask them to do, they don't like freelancing & improvisational Quarterbacking, they want it done their way & they want it done right.

I'm guessing that's what has kept the QB race open all this time, none of these guys seem to be able to just the run the Offense the way they're supposed to.

I think Richt really understands what's at stake with this team and this schedule, and that if he can somehow push this team over that big a$$ hump in Tallahassee, there is no ceiling for this team. At least that's what I hear in his voice.

Advertisement
“Any minute now we’re breaking into scout team, so don’t come crying to me - we gave everybody reps,” Richt said. “Ones, twos, threes got a boatload of reps, got a chance to show coach whether you’re ready or not. We have to figure out to the best of our ability who deserves to play.”

Advertisement

You're absolutely right about them wanting things done exactly the way they say. I just hope Rick doesn't get too robotic in his approach. Some of the most successful college QBs of the last several years are guys who can improvise. If you get too robotic in your approach you might take that away.
Yep. Good to plan every detail. Bad to expect you're going to get what you planned for...

See FSU 2016.

No plan survives 1st contact.

That's also one of the biggest reasons he brought in N'Kosi. He can improvise/extend plays when crap hits the fan.

Advertisement
We didn't need Charlie Ward last year. We needed a quarterback who didn't create sacks.

All I know is, after watching him coach for years at UGA, I don't ever remember seeing him this fired up, even in a game. He'd lost this fire after those first few years at Georgia.

Advertisement
Back