Coach Richt not happy with offense today

I think he's just so much better than the crap we've had around here that he gets put on a pedestal. He is not without flaws

That's not saying much because no coach is flawless, but what flaws in particular are you referring to?
The general question around him is how much improvisation (live game) he encourages, if any. It's kind of a moot point given our inexperienced guys, but posters tend to overreact to any challenge to Richt. Even if he later concedes the point.

Posters overreact to everything.

Advertisement
Sounds like we're working on installs for FSU & one of the QB's is making the wrong decision in the 1min Offense.

The thing Mark & Jon preach to the QB's is do exactly what they ask them to do, they don't like freelancing & improvisational Quarterbacking, they want it done their way & they want it done right.

I'm guessing that's what has kept the QB race open all this time, none of these guys seem to be able to just the run the Offense the way they're supposed to.
You're absolutely right about them wanting things done exactly the way they say. I just hope Rick doesn't get too robotic in his approach. Some of the most successful college QBs of the last several years are guys who can improvise. If you get too robotic in your approach you might take that away.

In practice, you need to be robotic to an extent so the coaches can see that the qbs understand the offensive scheme and plan. The game and other team's defense dictates whether a qb improvises here and there within the offense

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is what happens when you make Thomas Brown your OC and your son the QB coach

Whoever negged this post should **** his own face

Hire an OC and qbC you don't need to baby sit

This is CIS, facts tend to scare people around here. You know the drill.

People also tend to create negativity. Then blame past coaching staffs, presidents, athletic directors to cover their own insecurities, while maintaining the ability to claim they were right if we lose and quickly flipping to I don't care how it happened when we win. A continuous win win scenario. Quite impressive.

This is what happens when you make Thomas Brown your OC and your son the QB coach

People also tend to create negativity. Then blame past coaching staffs, presidents, athletic directors to cover their own insecurities, while maintaining the ability to claim they were right if we lose and quickly flipping to I don't care how it happened when we win. A continuous win win scenario. Quite impressive.

The straw man argument game is strong w this one

I think he's just so much better than the crap we've had around here that he gets put on a pedestal. He is not without flaws

That's not saying much because no coach is flawless, but what flaws in particular are you referring to?
The general question around him is how much improvisation (live game) he encourages, if any. It's kind of a moot point given our inexperienced guys, but posters tend to overreact to any challenge to Richt. Even if he later concedes the point.

It is moot for the reasons you stated and more, but here goes..

Run right, run left, throw long.. That's traditionally what we've been at Miami; where's the improvisation there?

I think people can "overreact" to trends or narratives and become perpetual followers but Richt isn't one of those. He's a fundamental guy and QB guru who's willing to evolve his offense but not completely change his philosophy to meet trends.

He's going to use the running game--first and foremost--to force coverages and requires QBs to make decisions based on that. Then, with repetition, tempo, progressions, accuracy, and execution, you're supposed to win most of the downs over the course of a game. It's not **** in thought, but that's what QBs are required to do and you can make it look however you want. Pre-snap motion, cadence trickery, having the mobility to extend plays and yes, the ability to run when lanes open instead of throwing the ball away can make it seem more "improvisational".

At it's core however, the QB position is about decision-making, accuracy, leadership, protecting the ball and living to play another down. Everybody wants to have a Lamar Jackson and Johnny football, but if you (1)have offensive talent and (2) are good at what you do, there's no need for all the QB as hero "improvisation".

Hand off the rock and make good decisions throwing the football over 60 minutes; that's what Miami QBs do and that's what makes you successful in the NFL. We've won 5(or 6) without improv but now dudes wanna be followers? Richt should "encourage" improv?

We're QB[]_[] for a reason, and it's not because our QBs run all over the field with the ball.

Last edited:

Posters overreact to everything.

I agree, see the post above and don't be a follower.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The deflection game. Another impressive tactic. Elite.

The offense sucked for a large part of the season due to a combination of playcalling, terrible o line play and Kaaya. Not sure who is calling Richt flawless. There was a style of play that wasn't working. There were also plays called where the players made the wrong read and/or didn't execute. Overall the difference in wins.

While we are at it let's discuss half the posters believing the 2016 preseason hype that the combination of Kaaya being a top 5 green tree all-star plus Richt was going to be the greatest show on turf since Kurt Warner and the Rams. Common phenomenon around here of over hype followed by overreaction.

The deflection game. Another impressive tactic. Elite.

The offense sucked for a large part of the season due to a combination of playcalling, terrible o line play and Kaaya. Not sure who is calling Richt flawless. There was a style of play that wasn't working. There were also plays called where the players made the wrong read and/or didn't execute. Overall the difference in wins.

While we are at it let's discuss half the posters believing the 2016 preseason hype that the combination of Kaaya being a top 5 green tree all-star plus Richt was going to be the greatest show on turf since Kurt Warner and the Rams. Common phenomenon around here of over hype followed by overreaction.

Lmao. You literally made up a fake opponent to argue with and are mad no one argues w you.

Advertisement
Back