Coach Prime

Advertisement
No I am not, but I know a con when I see one. But hey, let's ignore his last attempt at helping our people. Yep, I remember that farce, and his halfassed attempt to BS everyone about it. Always be wary of people like Deion, someone that didn't give a F about HBCUs(outside of him hanging out at FAMU during his time at FSU) until he was laughed out of the room when he tried to get the FSU job after Willie was canned. I don't think it's an accident that "Leaks" naming Deion as a candidate for the SC and FSU jobs(when Norvell was on a death watch)happened almost instantly....Deion sees JSU as a means to an end, period. That institution deserves better, HBCU football deserves better.
Deion has raise the profile of HBCU football. I personally hope he doesn’t consider leaving JSU. I’m a FAMU grad so I see what he is doing and see it from a different lens than most poster. Plus UM will F-up this hire as well. We will continue to have 3 and out coaches until the university get serious about football

Full disclosure I have a lot of relatives that are JSU grads. When people start saying certain things, it kinda gets under my skin because I know what he’s done for JSU since he’s been here. They only got a training table once he got there, as Miami fans we know what it’s like. He is building a infrastructure that I’m praying that Miami is doing but on the P5 level of course. There are countless other things he’s done for the kids but whatever.

Basically I don’t want to come off as a Nole lover or anything but there’s alot of untruths I keep reading on here. As long as he keeps raising the profile for JSU like he keeps doing I’m good with him. Once he leaves it’s back to not caring.
I think it's more the fact that the OP was suggesting he would be a good fit for the next coach here. I know he's done great things at JSU but if this were to happen it would the end of our football program IMO.

LOL, they only lost by 5 to Louisiana-Monroe, an FBS te

LOL, they only lost by 5 to Louisiana-Monroe, an FBS team.
You mean a Louisiana Monroe team that is one of the worst in FBS? You mean a Louisiana Monroe team led by Terry Bowden? That one? I wouldn't be shocked to see that team get smoked by NDSU or any of the FCS elite. Frankly, when you look at talent, JSU has more than Monroe, merely from the FBS transfers Deion brought in.

We are going to see what JSU is about this weekend, when they play Alabama State. That should decide that division. JSU beats ADU, they would hold tiebreakers over FAMU and ASU.

You mean a Louisiana Monroe team that is one of the worst in FBS? You mean a Louisiana Monroe team led by Terry Bowden? That one? I wouldn't be shocked to see that team get smoked by NDSU or any of the FCS elite. Frankly, when you look at talent, JSU has more than Monroe, merely from the FBS transfers Deion brought in.

We are going to see what JSU is about this weekend, when they play Alabama State. That should decide that division. JSU beats ADU, they would hold tiebreakers over FAMU and ASU.
Alabama State is not good. They are not even on the same level. Ask FAMU

Advertisement
Alabama State is not good. They are not even on the same level. Ask FAMU
Alabama State is good enough to steal a game here and there. JSU has already beaten their main division foe(FAMU), they won't see PVAMU until the SWAC Championship. They do have a late season game against Alcorn, which should be entertaining.

**** no to Prime at Miami, BUT I dont want him at FSU either. He is a winner, does a lot of things well. Why yall think he couldn’t assemble a great staff, recruit amongst the best, market the program, do interviews and be cutthroat when needed, is beyond me. I think he has the kind of mentality you need in a HC. I just cant have him at UM but OP aint wrong in his assessment of Prime having a great future as a coach.

Advertisement
08a3854ecf74311e57baab98ef337aff162731bc87ac054d63d2f04544a98a01.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow! This is big news

I said last year, I think we’re going to start seeing 4-5 star athletes begin flipping to HCBUs because there has been a loud drum beat for it minority communities, over the last 18 months and you’re starting to see it.

I think this is only the beginning

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back